Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 It happens every time.... (Read 8696 times)
cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Re: It happens every time....
Reply #15 - Mar 10th, 2011 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Phil
Take someone with you who can speak their language, or learn it yourself.
Just because the UK governments are so pathetic that they use the taxpayers money to translate forms for people who cant be bothered to learn English, does not mean that every other nation should do the same. And yes I live here and still pay a lot of tax in the UK.
They have a system here for paying bills which works fine for the locals. You arent a local, so you have to work a way of dealing with it , not them....Rant over  Smiley

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #16 - Mar 10th, 2011 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
And have you tried dealing with HMRC lately ?

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #17 - Mar 10th, 2011 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
The UK do spend way too much on trying to be 'politically correct' and translate everything into every conceivable language.. then get it seriously wrong as there is nobody there who understands the language it is translated into...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7702913.stm

At least it's good for a smile now and again.. remember the wonderful translations of user instructions that used to appear every now and again on Japanese and Chinese electrical goods?  There still are some crackers around..
Anyone even the faintest idea what this t-shirt is all about that was bought in Tortosa?

tshirt.jpg ( 72 KB | Downloads )
tshirt.jpg
IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #18 - Mar 10th, 2011 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Looks like Burns to me.  Grin

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Mar 10th, 2011 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
That's easy Nigel....William Wordsworth,I wandered lonely as a cloud. Translated by Google from Catalan into Mandarin Chinese and back to English to be sold to a Nigerian in Tortosa for €55.00
(Actual cost $2.00,and very carbon friendly)

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Susanita and Cactus,I can sympathise but there are limits...

Door hinges,on order,8 weeks and counting with a shrug of shoulders.Screwfix direct,5 days.Lost customer.
3000 bulbs,"somewhere in a post office in Spain".Dutch firm,5 days.
Lawnmower repair,2 day job,4 weeks later job not done properly and very expensive.Lost customer.
Computor part,usual life story scenario,15 mins later part returned to shelf and walked out.Lost customer.
Garden machinery,expensive and unsure about delivery date.
Ebay,Germany,5 days later and 1/3 of the price.
Does anybody actually give a $hit.
It's got to the stage where the internet and private delivery firms are the way forward and cut out the laid back,couldn't care less atitude.
Ironically,Spains housing minitry is sending a delegation to try and sell their unsold and repossesed housing stock to the very people who can actually be bothered to get off their arses.
Rant over,I'm off for a lie down now in a darkened room.

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
We recently had another example of terrible customer service when asked to call in to the Basa office.
This time it did not revolvle around trying to understand one another,as the officer could speak some English.
But,when we where starting to get near to resolving the problem,the official suddenly got up and walked away from the desk and turned his back on us.
We waited for him to return,but he put his arms up in the arm and jestured for us to go away !
Perhaps there is a time limit they can spend with each customer,or perhaps he could not be bothered ?

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #22 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
It wasn't the one in Amposta was it as I've been badly treated there. ?  There's a problem that the BASE office sends out bills for the properties (land and house or whaterver) that they are told by the Cadastral belong to you.  The problem comes in when as part of the computerisation of their records, many errors have occurred.  I for example own a pig farm about 3Km up the road according to them.  Of course if you're not fluent in Catalan or Castellano, it can be very difficult to sort out.  Although this might be getting off topic, a lot of patience (and tenacity) is required.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top