Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 septic tank (Read 29797 times)
philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: septic tank
Reply #15 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 5:23am
Print Post  
Hi John what make of twin tub is it thanks .
Phil Smiley

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #16 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 9:35am
Print Post  
philmountains wrote on Jun 7th, 2011 at 5:23am:
Phil Smiley

This is the twin tub I use. Now 5 years old and as good as new.
http://www.thompsons-online.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1...

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
philmountains wrote on Jun 7th, 2011 at 5:23am:
Phil Smiley

Hi Phil,
It's a Polar machine. I'd need to check on the exact model but I think it's the jetstream. Be aware they do not have heating elements like the old Hotpoint/hoover machines so you need to fill with hot or warm water from your tap.

Here's a link to the manufacturer/supplier...
http://twintub.co.uk/

It's worth looking at the full range they have and also on the 'Eco freindly Twintub' link.

I don't know if they still deliver worldwide. But they are very light so would easily fit into a small van or estate car.

Hope this helps.

John.

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #18 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 8:17am
Print Post  
Thanks boys for the links,how much washing can one of these do Huh like a pair of jeans , boiler suite etc....
thanks again
Phil

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 8:54am
Print Post  
philmountains wrote on Jun 8th, 2011 at 8:17am:
Thanks boys for the links,how much washing can one of these do Huh like a pair of jeans , boiler suite etc....
thanks again
Phil

Mine does about a weeks worth of washing. Not all in one go - I wash all the whites first, then the coloured stuff then the jeans. I know the dyes in most modern fabrics don't run these days, but they still do for the jeans and I don't like to chance it.

I'll  wash two or three pairs of jeans at a time. I could put the whole weeks washing in my machine in one go  but then I'd have colours running. Total wash time for three loads as above  is less than 3/4 hour (I could do three loads in less than 1/4 hour)  both of which are even faster than your automatics and cheap to run. The length of time for each wash is set by you on a timer like on the old hoover/hotpoint machines.

T shirts are the only things that are a problem in as much as they sometimes twist out of shape in the spinner so go easy on them (very very short spin and hang out).

I would definitely get one if you have limited water supplies.

John

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

we would both be wrong

Reply #20 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Phil
yesterday I had visitors go back to uk so I washed 2 lots of bed linen (double duvet covers and sheets and pillow cases and 2 bath towels and 2 hand towels all in one go. They have a large capacity and use very little water and electric. They are normal sized washing machines.
Also I have plumbed mine in as I have solar heated hot water.

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 10:19am
Print Post  
There is also the advantage that you can pre-soak heavily soiled washing before starting the wash cycle.

As Catus Jack says, they hold a lot of clothes. Probably the same as or more than an automatic machine.

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 11:15am
Print Post  
This forum is going rapidly down hill.....grown men talking about washing,what next,grooming products.

P.S.Did you hear about the popes favourite grooming products....????

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

we would both be wrong

Reply #23 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Just wait till I start on about the pile of ironing....... Grin

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #24 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
well Nobbby there aint much use in Grooming products for myself, fat ,old and bald so bring on the mister sheen  Grin

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
philmountains wrote on Jun 8th, 2011 at 2:40pm:
well Nobbby there aint much use in Grooming products for myself, fat ,old and bald so bring on the mister sheen  Grin

Those yellow dusters work quite well at bringing up a good shine   Wink

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Aug 25th, 2011 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Hi Guys,
Sorry to bring back the 12 v 24volt system, but if i'm going to run a 24v system. Will 4 6volt deep cell batt be ok, and how big a Solar system would i need, ie would 4panel @ 230w be enough. Undecided

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 9:26am
Print Post  
4x6volt is 24v so yes to that question but the amount of amp hour capacity of the batteries is important too. It depends entirely on what you will be running. 920watts of solar coming in( based on you getting this maximum of course). The balancing trick is what you are using in a day(24hour period) and how low this will push your batteries. New batteries are the expensive part of a solar system and you don't want to be replacing them after a short amount of time. Whilst most of the literature about batteries is based on a 50% drain cycle ideally,if you really want to get your money's worth, you shouldn't be letting them drop below 80%. I am in my third year of second hand batteries and with careful stewardship they are still going strong. A little too much solar os key as an extra panel or two is cheaper than a new battery bank. My previous system was 24v with 800w of solar and I ran a very small house with a water pump but NO electric fridge freezer. Gas would be the way here.
So, a little too much solar and be slightly paranoid about the condition of your batteries. I would recommend a nice little battery monitor for this. They give you readings in/out in amps,volts,watts or to keep it really simple for the non techies a percentage of power left in batteries. You can see at a glance if you need to boost them with your geni then.
I don't know if you are building/installing yourself but I would recommend you make sure your system is upgradeable later. Eg your charge controller can handle more panels if you want them later.
I would also reccomend sizing your bank size carefully as you cannot"add" battery capacity later. Old batteries mixed with new pull them down to their operational level.
Bleh, that's enough for this time of the morning I think. I could put you in touch with someone who will go on about this stuff for hours if you really want to know. Ask me for an email address if you would like this.
Bruixot

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

we would both be wrong

Reply #28 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 11:12am
Print Post  
I agree with everything Bruxiot has written although I would like to add that I run a 24v system with 4x 12v 250amp batteries, so effectively 24v 500amp/hr battery bank.
|I have 540 watts at 12v solar panels wired to give 270watts at 24v. This is enough to keep the battery bank at over 25volts all the time, and I have an A+ large fridge / freezer which only uses 100watts or 0.3 amps with a soft start.
I also have a 500watt 24v wind turbine, which is awaiting a new controller/charger, so isnt connected up yet.
If you are interested in an excellent supplier of solar equipment over here, with fantastic back-up and brilliant prices then message me.
Steve

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Well, if we are getting into a peeing contest, then I have a 48v 500amph bank with a 3kw inverter with 2220watts of solar! Mine's bigger than yours Steve! And I have future charge controller capacity to go to 3kw. I wonder if my guy is the same as your guy?
; )
Bruixot

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top