Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 Ryanair due to pull out of Reus Airport (Read 28411 times)
Nobrot
Ex Member

Re: Ryanair due to pull out of Reus Airport
Reply #15 - Jun 25th, 2011 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Power to the Tooting Popular Front

200px-Citizen_smith.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #16 - Jun 25th, 2011 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Bulldog you forgot to mention that the TShirts have to have the England Logo, and you must wear socks with your sandles + if poss a beer Belly that,s it isnt it !!!!!!!
Grin

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jun 26th, 2011 at 1:06am
Print Post  
Wolfy! Foxy! This takes me back. oh dear am i really that old?

I don't feel it, but then I don't feel very much at all these days  Sad  Cry

IP Logged

Mottslott

Every day is a bonus

Reply #18 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Think I must be a similar age to you John, but I still feel like an 18 year old woman !!!!!!!!!! Cheesy Cheesy

Home is where the heart is

IP Logged

RiumarPat
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Havent we lost the plot here?  Loss of an airport in the south of Catalonia is a problem.  Look what it cost to enlarge Reus airport, I wonder where these millions came from? & so recently too! If I remember last winter there was no airport between El Prat & Alicanti available to travellers from the UK, possibly it will be the same this coming winter.  The UK authorities should take an interest in this & what about the EU ?  So much money is wasted here, look what has happened with the  new unfinished industrial estate, Catalunya Sud & the half built L'Adea bypass now abandoned.  The politicians here who promise so much before their elections should be taken to task, remember the tax payers here & from the EU, that includes people from the UK are paying for all this nonsense, be it incompetence or worse.

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
As indicated this is capitalism. You can't force a company to provide flights from your chosen airport.  Or are you suggesting a naTionalised service that runs at a continual loss like we used to have? We haven't lost the airport just a carrier and this could all be a threat by ryanair to get an even better deal. If you really care then petition another carrier to look into profitability at Reus.
And hit ryanair where it hurts, in the pocket, by not using them if you have to travel to El Prat. It might cost a little more from the other carriers but money is the only thing that talks in a capitalist system.
Bruixot

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #21 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Dear All,
As you can see from my opening words I am now treating the situation at the afore said airport in my official capacity as revolution co-ordinator. To put some peoples mind at ease I used Goole earth ( Capitalist Swines ) and have discovered where the careless person has placed the missing airport. In future just call me Holmes with my less than willing other half as Watson. As for the UK gov. I have spoken to the relevant people ( a rather simple young man called Clegg ) he asked had they invaded us and if not calling him El Prat was rather rude. We ended on friendly terms as he stated the way things were he may in a few years time have to find a home in Spain and hopes I do find the airport. As for the second point of a nationalised service he stated the UK has been successfully running at a loss for decades and if we needed advice how to do this a senior gov. official would be happy to come and explain how its done. At this time seeing a number of complaints about Little Britian I have spoken to Tim who has agreed to supply the impending revolutionary committee who's members will be voted upon on this very same forum in the near future with out of date ginger nut biscuits, so now just the whist drive to put in place. Rest easy comrades this will be a truly British revolution of course it must wait till after the holidays.
Your Leader in waiting Bulldog.

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Bulldog wrote on Jun 27th, 2011 at 6:56pm:
so now just the whist drive to put in place. Rest easy comrades this will be a truly British revolution of course it must wait till after the holidays.
Your Leader in waiting Bulldog.

If you want a truly British revolution It cannot be a whist drive but a Beetle Drive ro Bingo.

By the way El Prat is no good for the disabled.  Try and get from the train station in a wheelchair - it is an impossibly long walk to the terminal !!

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Bulldog wrote on Jun 27th, 2011 at 6:56pm:
so now just the whist drive to put in place. Your Leader in waiting Bulldog.

Whist Drive, come come, it has to be a Beetle Drive or Bingo.

And, El Prat is no good for the disabled.  It iis a helluva long way pushing a wheelchair and dragging a suitacase from the station to the terminal.

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Jun 28th, 2011 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Mottslott wrote on Jun 27th, 2011 at 12:19am:
Think I must be a similar age to you John, but I still feel like an 18 year old woman !!!!!!!!!! Cheesy Cheesy

So do I Wink

oops!

IP Logged

RiumarPat
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Jun 28th, 2011 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
No one can force a company to fly to a particular airport after the existing contract ceases, that is true , but it is up to the Catalonian authorities to make a deal that is  attractive. I feel I must reveal that we travel here twice a year by car via Brittany ferries!  Only once did we use Ryanair for a 6 day visit back to the UK Grin. However flights to & from Reus have been very useful for visiting friends & family.This summer my daughter & her family came to stay but she came via El Prat with British Airways, she refuses to use Ryanair ever again since they flew with them to Malaga & were surcharged about £700 for excess baggage !!!

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jun 28th, 2011 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
I really think we are crying before we are hurt on this one.No one knows for sure what will happen,however
I don't think the Catalan authorities could make Miss World look attractive let alone a deal that would increase tourism,income,prosperity,employment etc etc.

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Jun 29th, 2011 at 12:04am
Print Post  
Don't listen to nobrot! Man the barricades! Down with capitalist oppression! We'll storm Barcelona and pour all the guiness in the harbor! Or we could put the kettle on.
Up the Peoples Front of Catalonia!
Bruixot

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #28 - Jun 29th, 2011 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Dear Bruixot,
You must be an angry young man, and must listen to reason from an old wrinkly. History shows us the last time someone threw a beverage into a harbor ( tea at Boston ) we ended up with the U.S. of A. Before we know where we are we could be going down the path of sending expats to liberate somewhere like Bradford thus throwing doubt on the safety of the Saturday night curry and the Sunday morning revenge if hostilities turned nasty. As for throwing actual guinness into the harbor go straight to bed without any supper and in the morning write fifty times I should not be silly.
Your caring comrade THE BULLDOG. ( I hoped you received my 3 issues of how to storm a barricade made easy. )

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Jun 29th, 2011 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Angry young man? Me!!??
Right, we know who's first up against the wall come the revolution!
: )
Bruixot

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top