Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Online Land Registry Service - In English ! (Read 3371 times)
djfwells
Ex Member

Online Land Registry Service - In English !
Jul 29th, 2011 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
It seems that finally the powers that be are doing something positive about all the corruption / incompetence surrounding the issue of property legalities  -  http://tinyurl.com/43deeba

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Re: Online Land Registry Service - In English !
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2011 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Are Catalunya included in this?
Terry.

IP Logged

Jeff
Ex Member

Re: Online Land Registry Service - In English !
Reply #2 - Aug 1st, 2011 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Quote:
Are Catalunya included in this?
Terry.

Yes, Catalonia is definitely included Terry, the Registro de la Propiedad covers all of Spain.

I think the new translation service is an extremely useful resource. Over the years I've translated scores of Land Registry property descriptions into English - a pretty tedious task.

Shame it's only become available now but I imagine the recent advances in the quality of automatic translation have finally made it viable - and affordable, at 20 euros.

The English translation is of the 'nota simple', the extract the Registro issues for information purposes so, as I understand it, it's not a legal certificate and in the event of say, a court case, the Spanish text will prevail. Note that the Spanish versions of these extracts were already available to the public, in the beginning on request from the individual Land Registries and later via the Land Registry's website.

Bear in mind though, that it's one thing to have an English language copy of the Land Registry extract, and another to be genuinely able to interpret it, to detect the possible problems and consequences that may arise and how to deal with them. In my experience, there's no substitute for independent legal advice.

Still, definitely A Good Thing I think.

Jeff

(Estate agent in Tarragona)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top