Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Tax increases on fuel, water, and transport. (Read 5648 times)
John
Ex Member

Tax increases on fuel, water, and transport.
Nov 24th, 2011 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Catalonia's President Artur Mas on Tuesday announced tax increases would be made on fuel, water, and transport bills.

more here... http://uk.news.yahoo.com/spains-catalonia-region-cut-civil-servants-wages-154830...

Cry

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Re: Tax increases on fuel, water, and transport.
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
It would help work production (If that is what they call it here!) If these 3 hour lunch breaks were shorten.   

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #2 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Don't forget that the 3 hour lunch break means that you work until 8.00 -9.00 pm  not knock off at 5 pm.
I would not want to work inside or outside in the summer in 50C , so do not apply uk working hours to Espana....it's a different country, get used to it!!!!!!

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Here here cactus jack! Shops being shut for such a long for  lunch drives me nuts but they do it for a reason. And from an environmental point of view its.better not to be cooling those places in the hottest part of the day. Does the previous poster work 12 til 3? Possibly not or they wouldnt be out shopping then. : )
And as for tax increases I learned recently that catalonia is one of the highest taxed provinces. This explained why fuel is cheaper in vinaros and the diy stores in valencia are so much cheaper than tarragona. Express.your displeasure with your feet...or wheels?
Also I apologise for any grammar or spelling mistakes but this android spell checker doesnt like me!

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Here here cactus jack! Shops being shut for such a long for  lunch drives me nuts but they do it for a reason. And from an environmental point of view its.better not to be cooling those places in the hottest part of the day. Does the previous poster work 12 til 3? Possibly not or they wouldnt be out shopping then. : )
And as for tax increases I learned recently that catalonia is one of the highest taxed provinces. This explained why fuel is cheaper in vinaros and the diy stores in Valencia are so much cheaper than tarragona. Express.your displeasure with your feet...or wheels?
Also I apologise for any grammar or spelling mistakes but this android spell checker doesn't like me!

Yes i do work many times between 12 & 3! I dispute the 8 to 9 blanket working hours you seem to think all Catalan folk work.Many folk are on their way home at 7.00pm,just look at the road traffic at that time.Have you included in the quoted long working hours the long Breakfast breaks every morning that all locals take?  Come on TF members do any of  the declining few left here in TF land believe these Med folk are all hard working, as Cactus & Bruixot seem to think? Do four rush hours a day make sense?   Angry

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
cactus jack wrote on Nov 24th, 2011 at 6:44pm:
Don't forget that the 3 hour lunch break means that you work until 8.00 -9.00 pm  not knock off at 5 pm.
I would not want to work inside or outside in the summer in 50C , so do not apply uk working hours to Espana....it's a different country, get used to it!!!!!!

Bank shut at 2.00 pm all year,no legal business at all in august and 50'c (at most) 2 months of the year !!. They do have air con don't they.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:
And from an environmental point of view its.better not to be cooling those places in the hottest part of the day.

Sort of agree but they cover twice the mileage going backward and forward to work twice a day so what is gained in fuel saving in cooling a building is burnt as petrol getting there.

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:
And as for tax increases I learned recently that catalonia is one of the highest taxed provinces. This explained why fuel is cheaper in vinaros and the diy stores in Valencia are so much cheaper than tarragona. Express.your displeasure with your feet...or wheels?
Also I apologise for any grammar or spelling mistakes but this android spell checker doesn't like me!

Yes i do work many times between 12 & 3! I dispute the 8 to 9 blanket working hours you seem to think all Catalan folk work.Many folk are on their way home at 7.00pm,just look at the road traffic at that time.Have you included in the quoted long working hours the long Breakfast breaks every morning that all locals take?  Come on TF members do any of  the declining few left here in TF land believe these Med folk are all hard working, as Cactus & Bruixot seem to think? Do four rush hours a day make sense?   Angry

Clearly it is a Med think...Look at the countries having 'difficulties' in the Euro zone.....Greece,Portugal,Italy,Spain.....

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #8 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Clearly it is a Med think...Look at the countries having 'difficulties' in the Euro zone.....Greece,Portugal,Italy,Spain.....

IRELAND ??????? in the med??? look at the value of the pound to the euro compared to 6 yers ago. UK in a much worse position if you read all the 'foreign' papers????????

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

ClipClop
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 25th, 2011 at 8:33am
Print Post  
The hours are very different to what we are used to, but the locals just get on with it. We are in a different country so we have to change our way of thinking. I wouldn't want to work the hours they do here. The catalans that I know that work are hard workers, but as in Britain there will be scroungers and skivvers. From my experience working here and in England their are more lazy buggers in England than there seems to be here. That's why a lot of the jobs in England are given to Eastern Europeans. Some of the Catalans have taken pay cuts here to keep their jobs as as my friend in England has.
I am under no illusions about Catalunya, the govermnet has wasted so much money here, building roads that are not needed for instance. But if you live in a foreign country you have to accept they ways, as should foreigners in Britain should respect our ways.
People move on when they don't like it here, good luck to them if they decide to go, but where  Grinever you live you have to adjust!!

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Nov 25th, 2011 at 10:07am
Print Post  
Good point cliclop
I have worked construction here's we started.at 8 got 15 minutes for breakfsst at.9 Then worked til 1:30 and broke for lunch til 3 and then worked til 7:30 how is that lazy? And the med problems are caused.by trying to keep up with aheavily industrialised country like germany not by laziness. A bit like the others spanish provinces trying to keep up with more i ndustrialised catalunya.unfortunately one size does not fit all. I have had german wwoofers working in august here who confessed.they finally understood spanish working hours.
Bruixot

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
German woofers? Cool

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Nov 30th, 2011 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
We've had 2 German  wwoofers,both very good.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top