Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Sad News........(Andrew Scott Macdonald) (Read 3031 times)
Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Sad News........(Andrew Scott Macdonald)
Dec 20th, 2011 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Watch out, there is an email SCAM doing the rounds at the moment - I received it twice today. It ishas the subject Sad News........(Andrew Scott Macdonald)

It says:

Hi,
I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,my family and I came down here to Spain, for a short vacation. unfortunately,we were  mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed,all cash and credit card were stolen off us but luckily for us we still have our
passports with us.

We've been to the Embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and our flight leaves in few hours from now but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills. Well I really need your financially assistance..Please, let me know if you can help us out? Am freaked out at the moment!!

Andrew Macdonald

IT IS A SCAM so DO NOT reply to it. Search for 'I'm writing this with tears in my eyes' on Google and you'll find plenty of references....

Nigel

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Re: Sad News........(Andrew Scott Macdonald)
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Oooh and I was just going to send him my last €9.27.
Thanks for letting me know Smiley

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #2 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Hi, C. J.
It is with deep regret that I must go onto this forum and inform all the members that since causing the Euro crisis and instability in the E.U. by panic withdrawing your life savings of €9.27 and causing a rush on the banks, you were seen spending all this money on donkey treats except for ten cents which you kept for your weekly game of pitch and toss with a one-eyed dwarf outside of Lidls SO COME CLEAN IT IS CHRISTMAS. ( If A.S.Macdonald is reading this any chance of a sub.)
Yours the phonehacking reporter Bulldog.

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Hi Bulldog.
I have to inform you that I won this week at pitch and toss with my little myopic friend outside Lidls.
So I went inside and blew the lot on a weather station (15% off).
So now I shall post continual weather reports including exact rainfall and windspeeds. No more measuring how much water is in a bucket, or timing how long it takes for my plastic chair to reach the other side of the barranc.
I am officially scientific now.
The reports shall continue until either I get bored or the 10 AA batteries run out.
No report as yet as first I have a 50 page booklet to read, translate, digest and then ignore.
Ps Donkeys are loving the festive carrots I bought them, (well they are red). Not so keen on the whisky though  Wink.

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
No,tell me it's not a scam...I've just sent €50 and my bank details for monthly payments.He seemed such a nice man.I think I'll think I'll smash my laptop and send Google the bill.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top