Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Vaccine against Leismania (Read 13908 times)
patang
Ex Member

Re: Vaccine against Leismania
Reply #15 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Hello, Has anyone any further update on this thread, I cannot get the vaccine in the u.k. so will have to leave it until I am in Spain in April. Are there any risks with the vaccine. Has anyone had their dogs vaccinated or has any information.

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #16 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Hi Patang,

If you want all the info about risks etc. of canileish just google "EMA canileish".

Mark

IP Logged

patang
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Hi, thank you, Yes I have researched it on the net, but I was after more personal advice, anyone who has actually had first hand experience of the decease and the outcome.

IP Logged

Hen_Fox
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Hi, I have also asked about the vaccine and was told 150 euros then 50 euros a year for the booster, plus I believe you may also need to keep using drops or Scalibor collar as well (not 100% on that bit) -makes it very expensive. I was told this by the young lady vet near Lidl ( op the chino shop)

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #19 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hi, thank you, Yes I have researched it on the net, but I was after more personal advice, anyone who has actually had first hand experience of the decease and the outcome.

Hi,
As I said on the first page, three of our dogs got Leishmania and with all the medication they had, they still died. Even with the vaccine you still have to have the Scalibor collars ( two a year) also frontline. I know its a lot of money but when you see your precious dogs suffering what with the disease and then the terrible side affects of the medication we are quite willing to go without so that we can have the vaccine for them.
Bulldog.

IP Logged

avalidopinion
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
Frontline will not help against the sandfly The only product that is available is ADVANTIX. It is the sand fly that passes on the Leishmania to the dog.

http://www.bayeranimal.com.au/default.aspx?Page=50&ItemId=14

IP Logged

patang
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Hello, I have looked up Advantix and it says it can be used against sand flies, has anyone tried it on their dogs.

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
HI, I have spoken with our vet in Gandesa and he has the vaccine ( Caniliesh ) in.
The dog has to be over six months old  and is given a course of injections, the first includes a blood test, to determine its clear of Liesmania 40€ the second 21 days later is also 40€ and the third 21 days after that is also 40€, so total of 120€.
You dont have to have the collars as well.
The annual booster is also 40€.
This vaccine carries an 80% guarantee.

For other protection against Liesmania, Scalibor collars and exspot spot on (six pippets) no guarantee with these products but they do help or so they say.
Terry.
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2012 at 7:52pm by »  

IP Logged

RiumarPat
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
I asked my vet in Deltbre this afternoon & the cost for the 3 injections is 150 euros & there after it's just 1 injection a year.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top