Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 lap top (Read 13056 times)
robo
Ex Member

lap top
Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:18am
Print Post  
we are coming over in 3 weeks time i am hoping to bring a laptop so we have something to do of an evening is it possible to use an english internet dongle in spain, it may seem a daft question but as we are not over in spain permanent i do not want the expense of a 12 month contract

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: lap top
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
You can use an English dongle here but beware of the charges. One of my customers was being charged £7.50 per day + data charges for using his UK dongle here.

You can get a permanent non-contract internet connection from Eurona - you only pay for it while you are here - flat rate 12 euros + IVA per month, 1Mb speed and unlimited use.

Nigel

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
you may want to download EX PAT SHIELD before you come so you can see UK TV and radio.

IP Logged

avalidopinion
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 1:15am
Print Post  
Quote:
we are coming over in 3 weeks time i am hoping to bring a laptop so we have something to do of an evening is it possible to use an english internet dongle in spain, it may seem a daft question but as we are not over in spain permanent i do not want the expense of a 12 month contract

There are also many free wifi hotspots at Cafes/Hotels/Local Town Hall,  You can use so you can have a beer/coffee and compute  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 9:25am
Print Post  
thanks for the replies, we are looking to use in the house for television and keeping in touch with our family, we are not great telly watchers but would watch the odd programme

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
I bought an unlocked dongle of ebay and a pay as you go Spanish vodaphone  3g data sim card of ebay too. The Sim card was £12.95 with 10 Euros credit and free postage from Spain.

The guy selling the sim cards has a website: www-simcardspain-es
That is his username on ebay too. I've had no problems with this. He has some on ebay at the moment - Item number: 220901043061

There is also a Vodaphone shop on the main drag in Tortosa where you can top your card up. Or you can do it online. If you try to buy a sim in Spain, be prepared for the usual Beurocratic crap needing passports, Nie etc.

I bought mine from this guy and avoided all of it.

Hope this helps.
john

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
cheers john that was just what i was looking for i have just bought the lap top i am going to try and download expat shield ad have a look at ebay, thanks for all the help i have received

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
John can you use the dongle and sim card for Skype ?

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Feb 24th, 2012 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:
John can you use the dongle and sim card for Skype ?

Hi Smidge,
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to this. I've heard of skype but never used it. I know nothing about it other than it's something to do with free internet calls.
John.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #9 - Feb 25th, 2012 at 12:34am
Print Post  
If you have an internet connection you can use Skype.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Feb 25th, 2012 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Hi John.
You should look up Skype it can save you a lot of money. I sometimes spend an hour or more talking to and seeing my family on the other side of the world  free of charge.

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Feb 25th, 2012 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
i have registered for skype but as yet not used it,do not know how it works as yet

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #12 - Feb 25th, 2012 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Do you want some help with trying it out ?  If so, send me your user name and I'll send you a contact request.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Hi Robo! did you get your Skype working?

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
yes got the skype working great, got all the family including grand kids registered will be great when we are in spain, up to know we have been texing them now we will be able to talk that is once we get an internet connection sorted

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top