Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Amets (Read 11672 times)
Tony
Ex Member

Amets
Mar 24th, 2012 at 10:12am
Print Post  
When we first moved out to Tortosa 6 years ago we used to be regular visitors to Amets enjoying menu del dias but as we got more adventurous moved more and more around trying different restaurants.  Yesterday as it was our anniversary my wife decided that she would like to return with some friends to Amets  To say that we were disappointed at how it had appeared to have gone downhill is an understatement.  We should have known as soon as we walked in as it was not so busy as it used to be.  I think that we were all to an extent satisfied with the starters, spaghetti al pesto (which could have been hotter) and tuna and tomato salad.  However the main courses we chose were very poor value for the money - the ladies chose cordero for which they received three thin slices covered in breadcrumbs but obviously cooked in cold fat as it had soaked into the breadcrumbs which had not coloured and given  a very greasy texture.  We gentlemen chose huevos and chorizo which I must admit arrived very hot but contained a thick layer of oil at the bottom of the dish,  the chorizo was 5 very thin slices taken from one small sausage and the 2 eggs were overcooked.  The deserts I must admit were lovely, not from a fridge but home made coffee mousse and chocolate pie.  We accompanied our meals with the help yourself cider, and for the ladies 2 soft drinks. The meal was overpriced at 11.50E to which were added the coffees and IVA.  A final total of nearly 60E.

We had tried to introduce our friends to somewhere they had not been to before but the overall opinion at the end of the meal was that we would not go there again.  My wife was thoroughly embarrassed by the whole experience.

I think that they had employed new staff in the kitchen as it was not the chefs that we were used to seeing but that is no excuse as it is still run by the same family.

IP Logged

Jote

Re: Amets
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2012 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Hi,

We would like to know where to go for a real nice menu del dia at 14.00. We like Tortosa but after ten times of two weeks there we still don't have our favourite restaurant. Who can help??

IP Logged

avalidopinion
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2012 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Popped into the Buffet in Amposta this Lunchtime...1pm Saturday. I have not been there for a while and then it was the mid week 8.50 Euro buffet. Today it was 12.50 Euro but hey what a buffet it is. The Razor clams in garlic were superb as was the steamed duck and whole suckling pig/Leg of lamb and Spare ribs.There was a selection of fresh fish and sea food you can have cooked to order all in the price.The fresh fruit and cakes/Puddings were also very good.I think a lot of you dear readers have attended here before but the Saturday Buffet give you that extra choice.If you have guests visiting you, This venue is a must.If you have any pics of your favourite eatery pop them on your post.  Wink Wink Wink Wink

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2012 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
After criticising Amets I must praise our favourite restaurant at the Hermita Cami Mig.  They only serve a menu del dia and it always has four courses, Usually a salad or fruit juices to start, a choice of at least 4 second courses and 6 main courses, plus the usual Spanish selection of desserts from the ice cream cabinet.  The menu is never written down but read out to you by the friendly waitress and I have only once had to send a meal back because it was cold.  Not only are drinks and bread included but so is the coffee, and the bill is only 10€ per oerson with no IVA. 

To get there go straight up Sympatica from the hospital and at the top of the hill turn into the car park outside the hermita.  The restaurant is at the back and has a pleasant ambience and the views outside are fantastic.  Well worth a look inside the hermita also whilst you are there

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Quote:
Popped into the Buffet in Amposta this Lunchtime...1pm Saturday. I have not been there for a while and then it was the mid week 8.50 Euro buffet. Today it was 12.50 Euro but hey what a buffet it is. The Razor clams in garlic were superb as was the steamed duck and whole suckling pig/Leg of lamb and Spare ribs.There was a selection of fresh fish and sea food you can have cooked to order all in the price.The fresh fruit and cakes/Puddings were also very good.I think a lot of you dear readers have attended here before but the Saturday Buffet give you that extra choice.If you have guests visiting you, This venue is a must.If you have any pics of your favourite eatery pop them on your postWink Wink Wink Wink

I think you will find Nigel has restricted the adding of attachments to the "Restaurant Reports" threads  Sad
I remember at Amets you have to hold your glass about a couple of meters away from the Cider barrel when trying to fill your glass!  Grin

IP Logged

Jote

Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Lets go to Restaurants reports. This is a good start! Now I can go to the site of Mr O'L to book my tickets!
Which restaurant is crowded on Sunday with the locals? I would like to eat there too on Sunday.
Thanks! Kiss

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #6 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
I would love to visit the 'buffet' in Amposta and the 'Hermita' in (I presume) Tortosa. I have tried to Google them both without success, I found Sympatica on Google Earth but can't find the Hermita. Can anyone give us a clue to either please?

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
With regard to the Hermita I very much doubt that you would find them on the internet but I am surprised that the buffet in Amposta is not.  I might be worth googling gran buffet japones / mediterranso.

The hermita is in Tortosa.  If you don't know how to get to the hospital follow the signs to l'hospital verge de la cinta from the roundabout on the north side of the Millenium Bridge.  At the roundabout where you turn right to the hospital carry straight on up the hill.  We knew that it must be good when we went in and found it full of locals come up from the town for their lunch.  I don't know but I would think that it doesn't open in the evenings or on Sundays.  We shall be up there again celebrating another wedding anniversary on 2nd April so I will try and find out more about opening hours then and post on the forum.

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
With regard to the Hermita I very much doubt that you would find them on the internet but I am surprised that the buffet in Amposta is not.  I might be worth googling gran buffet japones / mediterranso.

The hermita is in Tortosa.  If you don't know how to get to the hospital follow the signs to l'hospital verge de la cinta from the roundabout on the north side of the Millenium Bridge.  At the roundabout where you turn right to the hospital carry straight on up the hill.  We knew that it must be good when we went in and found it full of locals come up from the town for their lunch.  I don't know but I would think that it doesn't open in the evenings or on Sundays.  We shall be up there again celebrating another wedding anniversary on 2nd April so I will try and find out more about opening hours then and post on the forum.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Hey Tony,
Just noticed the old "Double Posting!" Sorry,"Should have gone to Specsavers!"   Cheesy

IP Logged

Jote

Reply #10 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
English humour!!
Two weeks ago sitting on the pavament near Blasco waiting for my husband in the shop. Looking at a lot of English cars, parking, men going inside. Didn't have the courage asking: Are you Ebrorob,  Bulldog or all the others.....

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #11 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
It wasn't me  Wink

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Jote wrote on Mar 25th, 2012 at 7:31pm:
English humour!!
Two weeks ago sitting on the pavament near Blasco waiting for my husband in the shop. Looking at a lot of English cars, parking, men going inside. Didn't have the courage asking: Are you Ebrorob,  Bulldog or all the others.....

Remember me,well I gave you a euro and I want it back.What ever happened to honest begging ??

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
You can blame the TF server for the double posting.  When I first clicked post the server failed and I had to reload and post again.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Quote:
You can blame the TF server for the double posting.  When I first clicked post the server failed and I had to reload and post again. 

Sorry Tony,
Nigel "should have gone to specsavers!"  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top