Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Amets (Read 11662 times)
avalidopinion
Ex Member

Re: Amets
Reply #15 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
PlanesPete wrote on Mar 25th, 2012 at 6:12pm:
I would love to visit the 'buffet' in Amposta and the 'Hermita' in (I presume) Tortosa. I have tried to Google them both without success, I found Sympatica on Google Earth but can't find the Hermita. Can anyone give us a clue to either please?

Hi Pete
           Today I found this old posting from 2009 from an ex member which give the name address and opening times and the telephone number is on there as well.  Undecided  One thing of note when I went along on Saturday last it was 1pm opening. About 1.30pm is a good time to arrive as most things are then on display and intact before the swarms arrive.I must say as soon as each dish was a little low it was replenished as soon as it was top hole all round.  Cool

Well im not one for eating out much as her indoors has a very limited palate. But we had received excellent reports from friends of a new Cinese Buffet Restarant thats been open a month or so now. It is aptly named Restaurante Buffete Amposta and claims Cocina Asiatica e Internacional

It had been descibed as being a fantastic choice of buffet fare with the ability to select fresh vegs and meats from a separate kitchen area and have them cooked fresh on the wok or grill to your liking.

Well a surprise birthday party was in order for one of my friends and after reccomending the new place a booking for 25 of us was made for a Friday evening birthday bash, the party was a fair mix of english and catalonians. 

The premises are new and modern having a separate room for smokers the main buffet hall is a smoke free zone. To the left is the main buffet tables and to the right is the kitchen cook area open for all to see.

The choice of food on the buffet area was outstanding, if memory does this justice here are a few things i can remember.Roast Duck,Suckling Pig,Gammon Joints, Battered Chicken Full Roast Chicken,Satay Chicken , Beef in some mild Chinese Sauce   Chinese Dumplings,a plethora  of sea food to keep those that like the stuff well pleased including ells, prawns sushi and other dead aquatic fare. The snails seemed a big hit with the locals also.  For those who like simpler fare there was chips sausages every type of salad fresh pan, along with numerous pasta and rice dishes hot and cold.I would say the buffet counter is 70 foot long. I cant remember any of our party trying the freshly grilled or woked food as the choice was outstanding from the buffet alone !

Then on to Postres lots of fresh fruits, Tortes, Ice Creams , custard slice, a bit like UK Vanilla Slice, again the choice was outstanding including some very exotic fresh fruits

In our party of 25 everyone was well impressed eat as much as you want the food looked good tasted good was hot when it should be and chilled when it shouldnt.My wife who as said at the beginning is a fuddy duddy when it comes to non english fare  throughly enjoyed here evening out and was looking forward to going again.  Most of the evenings chit chat was about how superb the place and food was Catalans and us Brits

Prices If memory serves me right

Mon/Fri lunch time 8.50e
Mon/Thursday evening  9.50e
Friday evening all day SataurdaySunday lunch and all festivals 12.50e
Sunday evening 9.50e excluding festivals
Ninos de menores 8 anos 5.95e

Drinks were very reasonable so they dont sting you there either.

Adress Avga Catalunya 19 43570 Amposta Tel 977 708458

Location Nearest Landmark is the large Eroski Supermarket next to the N340 get to there then travel away from the supermarket back towards town away from the N340 and you will come to a mini roundabout turn first right and its on the left next to the tabacs l

Enjoy WoO

Opps for got opening times Shocked

Mananas 1130-a 16.00 h
Tardes de 19.30 a 24.00 h

IP Logged

Jote

Reply #16 - Mar 27th, 2012 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
This euro is now on my bank account. Saving money to come back to my beloved finca, thanks nobrot!!! Still 6 weeks to work....

IP Logged

Jote

Reply #17 - Mar 27th, 2012 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Oh forgetting  something: I am still interested in tips!

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #18 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Thanks for the directions folks, we be visiting soon.

IP Logged

Eddie_Torres
Ex Member

Reply #19 - May 16th, 2012 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
I think the OP must have visited Amets on the Chef's day off, I had one "OK" meal there, otherwise it is excellent, the best food in Tortosa IMO. Steak Florentine, on the bone, is called Chuleton there.

Lizzaran is also really good, really genuinely nice staff, good food, although if you visit at the wrong time of day some of the pinxos in the glass cases can be slightly tired, but 99% of the time, great.

Casa de Formatge at the bottom of Sympatica is also pretty good, but more expensive, upmarket.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top