Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 25 Latest Trick (Read 11179 times)
Michael

Village Idiot

Latest Trick
Apr 11th, 2012 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Ryanair have unveiled their latest money grabbing device!  There is now a digital weighing scale at the gate (in the UK) and if your hand luggage is over 10kg be prepared to hand over fifty quid in the interest of (and I quote) "Health & Safety" (unquote). 

Nothing to do with profiteering then!!! 

Apparently this is now done in preference to measuring the bag in the cage of doom. 

Don't you just love 'em!   Angry

IP Logged

HazeandAlan
Ex Member

Re: Latest Trick
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2012 at 6:22am
Print Post  
Yes, I encountered this on the first flight from Liverpool to Reus a couple of weeks ago. It took me 4 attempts to get it under 10kg, and ended up with cheddar cheese and Jamaican Ginger cake spilling out of every available pocket and carrying on a tower of other items which of course went straight back into my case before I even got on the plane - crazy!!
Haze  Tongue

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2012 at 10:35am
Print Post  
How long will it be before they weigh me before I step on the plane.  Perhaps I had better travel naked next time.

IP Logged

Tarayoles
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2012 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Have just returned from UK , As usual didn't come across any problems with Ryanair- am I the only one who is lucky. I don't know why people moan, be glad you can get to UK cheaply and quickly.  Went Easy Jet from Barcelona in Feb, took 12 hours door to door, Ryanair from Reus 5 hours. I just wish they would fly throughout the winter.

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 12th, 2012 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Fully agree. Ryanair make it possible for my family and myself to be here, I am paying less now than I was 20 years ago. I can put up with weighing and measuring for the overall benefit.
Smiley

IP Logged

cherryfarms
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 12th, 2012 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
couldnt agree more Tarayoles. We all know the rules. Just stick to them, and all will be well. We have always found Ryanair staff very polite, and for the tiny prices we pay for a seat, Its the best value for money.
Please dont moan about them. Where would we be in this area , without them. Pity they dont fly all year , like they used to.  Smiley

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Apr 12th, 2012 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Forgot to say in last post,thanks Michael for the info, I usually put heavy stuff in my hand luggage. Smiley

IP Logged

Mottslott

Every day is a bonus

Reply #7 - Apr 12th, 2012 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
More moaning about Ryanair, read the t's & c's when you book, carry what you are allowed and get on with life.

Home is where the heart is

IP Logged

Jote

Reply #8 - Apr 12th, 2012 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
During summer: 6 hours door to door. We are very happy with Ryan Air! Cheesy

Hope they 'll stay in Reus this winter

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 12th, 2012 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
How long will it be before they weigh me before I step on the plane.  Perhaps I had better travel naked next time.

Donīt do it Tony! I heard Ryanair are also charging extra for " Willies" this year.   Grin

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Apr 12th, 2012 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
So Ebrorob what's your favourite film then - 'Free Willy' ?

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Apr 12th, 2012 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Quite right about Ryanair, great service over the years,you pays your money so just get on and get off. All those people moaning about Ryanair should buy a one way ticket as far as l'm concerned, l moved out here to get away from all the whingers. Angry

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Since when has having a laugh at the expense of Ryanair been classed as whingeing ?  As far as flying back to mainland UK from Reus they can be good and inexpensive, but I have reason to fly to Belfast at the end of this month and they fail to come up to the mark then.  To fly Ryanair would mean travellling to Girona and winging my way to Derry, both of these airports are miles from the start and finish points.  This means adding the extra journeys at either end, possibly hotel accommodation and then Ryanair's extras. I found it cheaper to book Easyjet from Barcelona on the leg out and return Aer Lingus.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #13 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 1:19pm
Print Post  

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

furbydoggie
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
I have to agree that it's great to have the option to fly into Reus again - delighted that Ryanair are back.  Having used Barcelona El Prat over the winter - not keen to return there anytime soon. 

Why do people find it so hard to stick to the size and weight restrictions for hand luggage?  I find 10kg fine and have never gone over.  Sure there's lots of things I'd like to bring both ways but it's just not worth checking in a bag for.  I know Ryanair are a glorified bus service but I don't want to go back to the "good ole days" when the national airlines used to charge me over Ģ400 Dublin - Barcelona back in the late 80s!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top