Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Latest Trick (Read 11177 times)
Nobrot
Ex Member

Re: Latest Trick
Reply #15 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
I think a lot of people forget that Ryanair is a business and not a charity.They are in it to make money and if a route is not cost effective,he will pull it or wait until it is.If people do not like what he/they are doing then there are other alternatives.

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

cheaper than a car?
Reply #16 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Reus to Stansted and back is 1500 miles.  At 150 euros ticket price (high?) you're flying 10 miles for a euro. Cheaper? at 100 euros it's 15 miles.  30 euros it's 50 miles.   Do not whinge.  If you're of a certain age you'll remember Super APEX and ABC (Advanced Booking Charter.. eg Laker's transAtlantics; these state controlled fares were to ensure the IATA scheduled carriers' (BA, Iberia etc) revenues were not eroded by free market activity.  Restrictive practice was outlawed years ago which has allowed the likes of the Ryan family, Sterios, et al to flourish.  For goodness sake stop bl**dy moaning and take advantage of these ridiculously low fares and BE HAPPY.  Obey their silly rules and benefit.

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
How British is it to moan???????????????

It seems that many people are not happy unless this is so.

Are we not happy to live in a beautiful part of the world, with a cheaper cost of living, to drive past almond and cheery trees in blossom when taking the kids to school and going to work?

To have minimum crime (unless living on the campo) I think there are 7 houses with burglar alarms on their houses in my village, and that's probably because they are also a business and the insurance company insists on it.

Anything more negative I just cant think........and the Summer is coming soon.

I can think of a million worse places to live......... Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
I can think of one,UK.

IP Logged

briand6868

Here, wishing I was there

Reply #19 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Just got home after todays Reus to Dublin with Ryanair - no moans from me, cheap flight and a nice if busy few days but the pissin an moanin from people in the queue was something else - if you're not happy go elsewhere,bring a proper size bag on board and don't moan when you're caught manhandling your oversize case past the beady eyes of M O L s staff.

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
Well said that man! just get on with life and take whatever it throws at you. Wink

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
A few more positives and a few less negatives for Ryanair and make the most of some of the cheapest and reliable flights in the world.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Michael wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 11:31pm:
Ryanair have unveiled their latest money grabbing device!  There is now a digital weighing scale at the gate (in the UK) and if your hand luggage is over 10kg be prepared to hand over fifty quid in the interest of (and I quote) "Health & Safety" (unquote). 

Nothing to do with profiteering then!!! 

Apparently this is now done in preference to measuring the bag in the cage of doom. 

Don't you just love 'em!   Angry

It's not really a trick though is it,  making sure that people stick to the highly publicised rules?  All you have to do is weigh your bag before you leave.  It never ceases to amaze me the number of people who try and check in overweight bags or who try to go through the departure gate with more than one bag or a blatantly oversized one and then grumble (or worse) when they are caught out.  And it is a right pain in the bum being stuck in a queue behind such eejits too. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #23 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
you have to admit he,s got it all covered ! but still the cheapest so stick with him, by the way best bag for taking on board  i have found is a very thin material bag from Ikea around £4.00 with a family card weighs nothing and fits loads in , easy to cram into the cage of doom but if not careful ! I took over a cafetiere last trip ,and crunch it went as my  bag was jammed into the cage, so weighing might be a bonus LOL Wink

IP Logged

briand6868

Here, wishing I was there

Reply #24 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Another tip people - buy a digital scales the next time there in Lidl/Aldi, I got one for 7e - never overweight or oversize - remember you more than likely have clothes and bits and pieces in your place in Spain anyway. Came back yesterday from the pre-summer clean,air,tidy,prune and burn trip- brought 3 tshirts/socks/jocks in my 10e Heatons case. Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Tarayoles
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
It's a bit more difficult for those who live here, we don't need many clothes in our hand luggage, just enough room for pork pies, cheese,bacon etc etc,. Amazing what you can cram in with practice.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top