Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 Eurona ..... and a bum IP address (Read 18174 times)
ColinB
Ex Member

Re: Eurona ..... and a bum IP address
Reply #15 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 9:18am
Print Post  
Nigel - if the problem is following my machine then I simply do not understand why I can send emails without difficulty from a wi-fi node in l'Ampolla.  If the machine is infected wouldn't the emails be blocked?

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Quite frankly, if I had the chance I would never deal with this company again.  After converting to the upgraded broadband, supposedly at a cheaper rate, I have been consistently overcharged at more than I was paying before.  They now owe me nearly 200€ and Nigel has been unable to get it sorted out.  Nigel has also told me that they do not return money to anyone, just reduce the next bill, but that has not happened.  As a pensioner on a limited budget this is no good to me, I need that money back.  So I have had to resort to Comarcal and they have written to the company for me.  When I get some sort of response I will let you know.

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #17 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
No, your machine isn't blocked, the IP it is connected to however is. If you left your machine connected to the WiFi node long enough then the IP address would presumably be detected by Spamhaus as an infected IP address (or, better described an IP address with an affected machine connected to it) and blocked.  This takes time so it would need to be connected for a while before it was detected.

Did you read through the description of the reason it is being blocked?
http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=188.119.192.40

One possible thing you can try additionally is to force any attempts to send anything to 78.47.46.141 to a dummy IP address. This will only work for that address though and it may change.

This can be done by editing the file:
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\HOSTS and adding the line:

127.0.0.1 78.47.46.141

to the end. The file will look a bit like this:

# For example:
#
#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
#      127.0.0.1       localhost
#      ::1             localhost
127.0.0.1      localhost

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
And I thoought Catalan was difficult.

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #19 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:
And I thoought Catalan was difficult.

Nigel lost me on the word no Grin

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #20 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 1:05am
Print Post  
That's strange.  I've just had an email notification of the previous post to this topic and Mailwasher identified it as being Blacklisted by Spamhaus.  Never noticed that before.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Direct quote from the Avast Anti Virus helpdesk follows:

Malware fixes

Re: will Avast find PushDo?
« Reply #19 on: Today at 02:53:39 PM »

127.0.0.1 78.47.46.141 this entry will route all your data to a server in Germany .. See screenshot.  I do not understand what he is trying to achieve there as if it is a dummy address then your internet may cease to work

It was last detected at 2013-06-08 02:00 GMT (+/- 30 minutes), approximately 6 days, 12 hours, 29 minutes ago.

CBL report.  If you have no problem using hotspots then it is your ISP at fault
Why do they insist on giving a static IP and why will they not change it

Nigel      -     I'm getting very fed up.

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #22 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
It's not a static IP and it has been changed - your original one was different. I don't know what the lease time on the IP is - it may be several days but it does change.

The hosts entry will send anything sent to the 78. IP address (but only this address) to nowhere - it is a way to block sending to certain addresses.

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
well, last Monday, three weeks after joining up everything cleared and I was able to send emails without any problems.  Most or all consulted authorities agree I did not have any form of infection but my problems were caused by the IP addresses I was given.  It seems that an IP code given to someone in the past can come back to haunt you.....everyone I hsve consulted agree I have not had, now or in the past, an infection.  I am and will remain a little curious as to why one particuar Reputation website, CBL, should single me out whereas a score or more did not find me to be a problem.   The final outcome, Nigel, is that I am really disappointed with your support.  I had to fight my corner all the way with no support from you or Eurona.  I look forward to a competitive supplier.

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #24 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Glad it's working. Read through the thread. I did everything I could to help. Your IP's were cleaned and monitored by me but I had little feedback from you on results or on what you were doing. I guess you have another IP - hope it doesn't get blocked too. Only time will tell.

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 8:57am
Print Post  
As there have been over 1100 visits to this thread I feel I ought to bring things up to date.  After the three weeks or so of having my outgoing emails blocked, suddenly everything returned to normality as reported above and I happily sent emails as normal.   
We have builders in, and some weeks later they switched off everything for over 24 hours.  On resumption of Internet connectivity we found we had been issued a fresh IP address (as one would expect) but when we tried to send an email found we were unable to, as we had been (Oh! You guessed….) blocked.  Again I checked all the internal IP addresses and scanned everything to the deepest available depths without any viruses being detected,  and then opened up an old laptop that hadn’t been used since February this year.  And what a surprise?  Outgoing emails were blocked – proving beyond any doubt my equipment was NOT at fault.  And yes, I did check that routers and modems do not have the same sort of IP address as the emails and so cannot be responsible.  I spoke with Nigel Morton and the Eurona help desk and sometime later normal services were resumed without any feedback, apology or reasons given.
All is well?  Not quite.  Over the last four weeks we have found that on numerous  occasions the Eurona telephone line was dead, even though the Internet worked perfectly.  The only way we know the phone was dead was when someone called on the mobile and said the obvious, or we noticed we had only two lights on the Eurona modem instead of three.  Each time I texted Nigel Morton, and sometime later the line was restored (without feedback so I don’t know if he did in fact do anything).
However, the last time, Saturday, I received the following text from him, “I can’t do any more than advise (you to) reset the equipment as there is a change in the support procedure.  For more support u need to phone Eurona 910444888” (My emphasis) So – if you thought you have local help from your local agent think again.  You will have to phone the help desk and hang on, and hang on - at mobile charges of course as your landline will be dead - Nigel Morton did not elaborate on what the changes are.   
Am I being neurotic in thinking I’m getting a bad deal from these people and why am I  losing an important connectivity?   Unhappily Eurona offers a faster speed at a lower price than Iberbanda….but one has to wonder which gives the better service over all.  And now – dare I turn off the modem for 24 hours and get a new IP address?

IP Logged

ddspain
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 9:25am
Print Post  
This is Spain - no such thing as customer service.
I recently complained to Linea Directa about the attitude of one of their staff. I received a call from the complaints department suggesting it was my fault - unbelievable!
They have no concept of the customer being right, or going that extra mile (or even yard) to help anyone out.

That said, that is usually the large companies, we have had some excellent service from the small local companies.

Maybe you should try the alternatives then you will know for sure whether you are getting the best service and value for money.

PS Nigel has been very helpful to a lot of people on this forum, so I'm not sure you will get much support in calling him.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #27 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Telefonica / Iberbanda are terrible companies to deal with.
Even the staff in our bank here, have had problems with them. Our solicitor has a pile of letters and demands, which these companies keep sending out to his clients.
He even told us to ignore any communication from them now!

I think the majority of people find Nigel very helpful.
The Eurona, usually works very well, for most of us.
It does go down sometimes, in bad weather, or if they are doing maintenance work. On the whole it's good.
Could it be something to do with your electricity supply, fluctuating, that causes some problems, maybe?

IP Logged

cazntony
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
I have to say Nigel was extremely helpful when I had a recent issue. Kept me informed which I think is good customer service.

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #29 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
I would like to say we have always found Nigel very helpful BUT he does eat all my biscuits upon his visits.
Yours a biscuitless Bulldog. xxx.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top