Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Vegi in a haystack (Read 2838 times)
wheeliegeezer
Ex Member

Vegi in a haystack
Jun 9th, 2013 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Anyone have tips for a vegetarian restaurant, or Indian or Lebanese perhaps, that have vegi fare? I know, I know, the Catalans don't do Veg. But we've been finding some that have some knowledge of vegans and veg food. There's one up in Falset so there has to be one on the coast. A poster said the Indian one in Tortosa doesn't have veg curry, so that's out.
Thanks all

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Re: Vegi in a haystack
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2013 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
http://www.restaurantesvegetarianos.es/component/option,com_sobi2/catid,45/Itemi...
Al Natural - Vegetarian restaurant - Tarragona

Address: Arquitecte Rovira, 3
Province: Tarragona
Telephone: 977 21 64 54

Els Agora Immortals - Vegetarian Restaurant - Tarragona

Local emblematic of the top of Tarragona
Address: C / Sant Llorens 14
Province: Tarragona
Phone: 977 231 520

It also gives out one in Girona, Barcelona and Lleida depending how far you want to travel.

Hope this helps you find the needle in your haystack.
Rosie Smiley

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2013 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
There is a vegetarian restaurant in Valderrobres, just the other side of the els Ports.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Hey Wheelie,
This is a post (below)on the Indian restaurant in Tarragona,added by Jeff in 2011.I went there earlier this year & my meal was great & inexpensive.They do Veggi options.

If you are visiting Tarragona, you might like to try this very friendly Indian restaurant, which offers traditional biryanis, baltis and curries plus some pizzas and pasta dishes.

We tried poppadoms and onion bhajis (huge!), followed by chicken Madras (acceptably hot for UK tastes), a very tasty lamb Rogan Josh, basmati rice and nan-type bread (they don't seem to have a nan oven but remember we are in Tarragona).

For dessert, a kind of rice pudding with nuts and some interesting green raisins. With four Indian Cobra beers, coffee and rum chupitos our bill came to 39 euros for two, but you could easily eat for less. Various Indian vegetarian dishes. Portions are modest.

The decor is attractive and Salou veterans Said, Kamal and the lovely Lluna all speak excellent English and are really attentive and friendly: we felt very welcome and will definitely go back.

They offer wifi, a large screen TV also do a Bollywood evening so best start practicing your moves before you go

Ramón y Cajal, 51, 43005 Tarragona. Near the bus station and the Parc Central/Eroski shopping centre, and about 10 minute's walk from the Corte Inglés and the Rambla. Tel. 977 220 847, massalarestaurant@yahoo.com

As far as I know the Indian restaurant n Tortosa closed years ago,but there is a small Pakistani cafe next to the Estate agents "My Spanish Home" in Tortosa.Not sure on Veggi options though.     Bon Appetit    Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top