Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Spanish Lessons (Read 2270 times)
SeanMichael123
Ex Member

Spanish Lessons
Apr 20th, 2014 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Having just moved to Tortosa after reading various Spanish language books and taking part in online lessons, I have realised that it was almost all for nothing haha. I thought I had a bit of a grasp of the language which would be enough to get me by anyway. However, I was wrong. So does anybody know how to get Spanish lessons in Tortosa? I considered just asking someone from a local bar or something but I would prefer to go to a school of some sort.
Any ideas?
Thank you.

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: Spanish Lessons
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2014 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
My partner gives private lessons - a book and an online course is almost worthless as you have found out.

Her number is 645565571

IP Logged

Dusty
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
We have lessons with Arancha and have learnt lots. It is good to learn from a ŽnativeŽas she teaches a bit of the culture side as well - plus we think her accent is one of the easiest to follow!

IP Logged

hemyinspain
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
My partner has the same problem and would love to start lessons after years of reading and listening to every book/cd system out there! Both myself and our sons speak Spanish but he can't seem to learn from us. I suggested intercambio but he is really shy so perhaps a few people could get together so as to reduce the price of lessons? And also get to know others locally as we are new here too and have some severe illness in the family so it can be quite lonely as getting out can be difficult.

IP Logged

SeanMichael123
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Thanks guys for the advice. I like the idea @HemyinSpain for getting a group of us together. You can only learn so much from reading, The main problem I have encountered is getting the accent correctly, lots of Spanish words sound totally different to what you would usually read them as in English. Thank you Nigel I will give that number a call at some point soon Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top