Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 Eurona (Read 16338 times)
Dusty
Ex Member

Eurona
Sep 25th, 2015 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
Internet and telephone have been rubbish this last week in Jesus and according to friends in Raval de Christ. Why is it not possible to maintain a consistent service these days? Is Spain really so behind the times. Seriously considering changing providers (yet again).

IP Logged

Snowhitsky
Ex Member

Re: Eurona
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
I agree. Since last weekend the Internet service has been patchy and mostly unusable.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Had problems aswell, been worse since Wednesday.
Contacted Eurona on Thursday.
Tried disconnecting, re starting, all things they advised.
Nigel trying to sort the problem out, but still no good.

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
No probs at all where I am in Jesus.  Praps he smiles upon me ?

IP Logged

jollyolive

Forum newbie

Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 8:04am
Print Post  
Agreed ,worse in the afternoon and eve. some sites load as normal ,others very slow or not at all. Nigel, any help from you ??

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 8:13am
Print Post  
Seems to be a big problem, which they thought they had sorted out last night.
But still no better, can't even get on to do a speed test!

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #6 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Welcome to our world rigour mortise moves faster than our connection with Eurona. Perhaps with the Independence saga, Halfer Mas may get it fixed.

No I know how to spell his name correctly, suppose its the rebel in me!!!!
Yours a politically correct Bulldog.

IP Logged

David
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Hello disgruntled Eurona users
I had many problems with the pseudo wimax provided locally. It was not with Eurona as I live near Vinaros. It is a long story so I will not relate it here. I did eventually invest in Satellite internet from Europasat using Tooway kit. I used it for 18 months without a problem. UK IP address as well. A bit more expensive but you get what you pay for. The kit is now up for sale (see for sale). Why am  I selling ? Civilisation has been  extended so I can now get Orange 4G with an external aerial (measured 20Mbits/sec download, 10Mbits/sec upload) for €30 month. Si if you cant get Orange 4G, the satellite is the next best thing

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #8 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 9:43am
Print Post  
They tell me the problems are due to the DNS server they are using having problems. They are in the process of migrating to a different server.

If you know what you are doing then you can configure your wifi router and/or pc to use the Google DNS servers at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and you may then find your problems go away.

If not then either call technical support 901444888 or wait......

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #9 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Not the answer, customers are looking for.
Pay for a service, get poor internet service all week,
then maybe we are able to configure and sort the problems out ourselves!
I don't think so.

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
well,I am blessed.  No probs, day or night and I am within Jesu's gentle fold.  Amen.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #11 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
With regards your router.

This should only take minutes to do. Please make a written note of any numbers that are in place before adding the forthcoming info. A quick pic of your router DHCP page with your phone is best.

Anyway the numbers Nigel has given are access to Googles servers and sometimes give you a faster internet but should give a smoother web experience. (google Public DNS)

When putting in the numbers make sure the full stops are in the right place do not put one at the end of the 4 figures.

Right how do we do this. If you know please forgive me I am trying to help those who don't  Wink

First you need to open your router configuration page on your computer. Open your browser and in the address bar at the top after you have cleared it type  192.168.1.1

Then press enter and you should get up yor router menu before that a small box will appear asking for user name and password The default for both is admin so type in admin for user name and admin for password and press enter.

Now you should have the router menu pop up it will normally have the title of your router be it TP link or Belkin etc.

Go down the menu on the left until you see DHCP settings and open it up. The bottom two boxes should be PRIMARY DNS in here type the following 8.8.8.8 note only 3 full stops. Then move down to the next box SECONDARY DNS in here type 8.8.4.4 again only 3 full stops.

Now click save last you have to reboot the router . Then close your web page and to be on the safe side restart your computer. This should improve you connection as you are using google servers not Eurona. If when starting off 192.168.1.1 does not work try 192.168.1.2

This is very easy to do and may or may not work but it is worth a try. There are many open DNS servers on the net just search under Google and pop their numbers in the same as you have with the google 8.8.8.8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Public_DNS
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2015 at 3:47pm by Bunter »  

dns-settings.jpg ( 112 KB | 171 Downloads )
dns-settings.jpg

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #12 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Easier said than done.
Can't get on to do anything.
Eurona not answering phones either.
Fed up with the bad service, over a week now.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #13 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
How did you  type hereon.... Smiley

IP Logged

Dusty
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
I agree with Ritaratbag. Why should we pay for a service that we then have to fix ourselves! And Bunter, I envy your capabilites and appreciate the idiot's guide to fixing the problem but this idiot got lost after the first phrase! Nigel, is there a time frame for Eurona to sort these problems out? My connection is intermittent so have grabbed the oportunity to post this while I can

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top