Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Jaloa Restaurant (Read 6385 times)
Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Jaloa Restaurant
Mar 5th, 2017 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
New restaurant opened on March 2nd, in Els Reguers.
Two Belgian chefs with Michelin star in Belgium.
Jaloa Restaurant, Carretera Alfara.
Tel: 977474135 / 692211773

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Re: Jaloa Restaurant
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2017 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
On the left as you leave Els Reguers towards Alfara de Carles.  Used to be the Hotel Rural and before that the Panxampla for those who knew them.

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
We went for an anniversary lunch here today and personally it is highly unlilkely that we will go again.  There are no prices displayed anywhere, which I would have thought was illegal, not even on the a la carte menu although we had the menu del dia which had no choice for any course.  Drinks were water or wine from a half empty bottle.  We did receive an appetiser of a small coffee cup of gazpacho, next course was egg cooked in filo pastry with a form of sauce (no telling what) and main course was turbot with a couple of turned carrots and parsnips served in a sauce of ginger and lemon we were told but could not taste either.  Finally for dessert 2 tiny chocolate crepes each served with lemon ice cream and cream.  We did not bother with coffee.  Personally I am not impressed with nouvelle cuisine where there is more decoration to a dish than food to eat.  Total price 40€.  Now we have to cook ourselves a diinner tonight which we did not expect to have to do.  I cannot see it being as somewhere that rural Catalans would expect to eat and think that it is far more suitable to a city like Barcelona.  Still it is all to one's taste and I am sure that there are many of you who would be tempted to give it a go.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #3 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
We prefer a good portion on our plates aswell.
Forget it being sparse and looking pretty!

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
I don't know whether it is illegal or not, but I wouldn't eat anywhere that didn't display prices, any more than I would shop at a supermarket that didn't.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top