Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
New telephone law. (Read 3465 times)
Tony
Ex Member

New telephone law.
May 30th, 2017 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Has anyone here heard of this supposedly new law.  I had a call this afternoon purporting to be from the provider of my cheap telephone calls, 900Telecom.  They told me that a new Spanish law was being brought in in either June or July whereby cheap telephone calls being provided by another company's telephone system eg Telefonica were going to be banned and that persons found doing the same would be fined.  Either the calls should be provided by the line supplier at normal rates or one should close that supplier's account and get the cheap call supplier to take over the line system. 
They then asked for my NIE or Passport number which I refused to supply so they said they would get 900 Telecom to email me.  Has any one heard of this suppossedly new law or been approached by anyone in the same way as I have ?  What are your thoughts on this ?  Thanks   

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Re: New telephone law.
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2017 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Nigel, have you heard anything about this supposed law ?

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2017 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Nope, news to me.

It sounds very unlikely as the big players such as Jazztel and Movistar offer pre-paid calling cards which are to all intents and purposes exactly what 900 Telecom are doing. In 900 Telecoms case it is called CPS or 'Carrier Pre Select' so your calls are automatically routed over their network without the need to dial a prefix number.

It sounds like 900 Telecom are trying to get the line rental from you rather than you paying it to Telefonica.

I guess 900 Telecom haven't emailed you...

Nigel

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 9:21am
Print Post  
Thanks for that Nigel.  No, they have not emailed and to be honest I didn't expect them to.

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Hi Nigel and forum members. I thought you would like to read this which was at the bottom of our 900 Telecom bill this month.

"Did you know that from Jume this year a new law means that you can only have your calls with the line provider.  So if your line is not with 900 Telecom you will lose your very cheap calls !  Contact us today to see how easy it is to change to 900 Telecom for free."

Well I have checked the internet far and wide and can find nothing on it at all about this new law.  Until I find something more somewhere about it I think I shall stay as I am and see what happens.  I am sure that if Moviestar have not contacted me about it as line provider that nothing is going to happen and that it is just another scam.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top