Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 WATER DRILLING (Read 21868 times)
john_and_angela

WATER DRILLING
Feb 7th, 2007 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Hi everyone
Just wondering if anyone has used Llatje to drill for water? The last time we were over we gave Xavi 100 euros to get a man to look at our finca and give us a price for drilling - no word from him since!(over weeks now)
Has anyone any advice about drilling?
Angela

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Re: WATER DRILLING
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2007 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Hi Angela,

You need permission to drill a well, the same as everything else.
Some ajuntaments are getting "fidgetty" at the amount of enquiries, and some of them have already banned it, as they are concerned it could cause problems later with the underground water, so i have been told.

Jools

IP Logged

calum
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2007 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
hi , a mate got a quote who lives near Bitem ,  the drilling ,pump and generator came in at 15,ooo euro....seems like a lot of money , although he is a up the top of a valley so the depth was something like 150m

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2007 at 7:50am
Print Post  
66 euros per metre including pipe.You'll then need a proper pump,power to work it,plumbing,fixing etc.
To drill and provide water on our land from a depth of 180 metres would cost in excess of 22,000 euros Plus IVA for everything.Your property value would increase to reflect this and you would have irrigation and a pool....

"were are my speedos Jordan...."

IP Logged

john_and_angela

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
Well, we finally got our quote for the drilling- 15660 euros! We have been told it's 180 metres down. We don't want to spend that much so I think  we will build a cisterna instead.  We were quoted 75 euros per metre. The company who drill get the permission - we checked that already.

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Hi John & Angela,

If it's any help, we deal with a company who charge 60 euros a meter, if my maths are correct that's 2700 euros cheaper, and the guy is also a diviner, so maybe he can find the water nearer to the surface!

Jools

IP Logged

john_and_angela

Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Hi Jools
Could you send us their telephone number - we may as well try them.
Many thanks,
Angela

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
Hi John & Angela,

His name is Joan Ferras, he doesn't speak a word of English, and make sure you say Julie and Mercedes recommended him, or it wont be at this price.

Phone number 977 435147 or mobile 60844 0288

Hope that helps.

Jools

IP Logged

Pondboy
Ex Member

Reply #8 - May 11th, 2007 at 8:30am
Print Post  
We have just had the Tot Llatje water diviner wave his wands over our property. Very impressive.

He has marked the spot where the divining rods went wild and judges that there is a very good supply of water 150 metres down. Current drilling cost is 76 € per metre plus IVA plus pump and 3 phase generator. Not cheap, but if it provides a good supply of potable water, well worth it in the longer term.

IMO you cannot compare the cost vs tankering in water. It is a capital investment, not an ongoing expense, so has to be looked at in a different way.

PB

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 11th, 2007 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Hi Pondboy
We use a company near Horta St Joan, he charges 60 euros per meter, and dont quote me on this, but i think that includes IVA, you only pay extra for the pump, that's quite a big saving on 150 meters of drilling.

Let me know if you want his details, he only speaks Spanish, but i dont mind translating for you.

Jools

IP Logged

Paulo
Ex Member

Reply #10 - May 17th, 2007 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
You won't get potable water from the majority of wells because of all the pesticides and nitrates used on the soil. Don't forget all the Brits who haven't bothered with proper septic tanks and just dug pits.  Wink

PS. In Catalan language mags a bore hole is averaging 44Euros a metre. P'raps it's more if you are British.

IP Logged

Farway
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 8:22am
Print Post  
OOOhhh... that hurts... How strange is that , inflated prices for Brits. Luckily that doesn't happen with anything else like property, housing, building material..........probably why most of us are walking funny

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 8:59am
Print Post  
But it does happen elsewhere.  Try buying building items from Gisbert.  Soon as they see you are a Brit the price inflates, as do housing prices.   A friend of mine went to look at a house near us, and as soon as they walked in the price rose by 30,000 Euros, and when I took another friend to look it went up even more.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Quote:
But it does happen elsewhere.  Try buying building items from Gisbert.  Soon as they see you are a Brit the price inflates, as do housing prices.   A friend of mine went to look at a house near us, and as soon as they walked in the price rose by 30,000 Euros, and when I took another friend to look it went up even more.

Well, they're not going to do much business selling houses like that are they? 

IP Logged

Farway
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Well that is kinda the problem??? We all thought drilling was @65-75 p/m and yet Paulo put rather a spin on things (cheers for that!) Someone once told me there is a box a Stansted that reads "leave brain here" before going abroad. How many people have been done over with 40-300% commission on property and after they found out they've been had, then they get all upset. We will pay any  and I mean ANY amount's of money for the biggest load of crap cause we know no better. That crux of the story is , English are doing it to English #(English beeing the term used for non Spanjard's!!!) and English are being done by the likes if Gisberts and so on. We are gullabe and beleive all to be good and well out in the Sun. Don't get me wrong, I am not being negative, I love to the place and will settle down here The point I am trying to make is people should be more aware of what things cost and what work is involved and stop being led by one or two idiots that talk out of their arse  and we then beleive them cause of the "limited amount of info" available.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top