Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 WATER DRILLING (Read 21869 times)
leo
Ex Member

Re: WATER DRILLING
Reply #15 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You won't get potable water from the majority of wells because of all the pesticides and nitrates used on the soil.

Yes, an approach that would still be putting Saddam Hussein to shame if he were still alive...now we know what 'scorched earth policy' means.

Quote:
Don't forget all the Brits who haven't bothered with proper septic tanks and just dug pits.  Wink

Well, even a pit is better than what most Spaniards leave behind. I have inherited a straight pipe...straight into the barranco which, fortunately, has blocked so I have been forced to upgrade it. And my house is a registered dwelling. What evidence do you have that Brits haven't bothered? Most people will build a pit - unless you use a leach bed that it how a septic works. Numbers of people involved? Who is it that chucks any old garbage, chemical waste, building rubble and scrap metal over the nearest vertical edge? A practice that can only increase given the new Euro-controls on official dumps. My access road passes under a viaduct. You wouldn't believe the amount of rubbish that the railway workers chuck off it that we have to move to be able to drive by. When was the last time you saw a Brit labouring on the railway?

Quote:
PS. In Catalan language mags a bore hole is averaging 44Euros a metre. P'raps it's more if you are British.

I'd like to know which Catalan language mags. The Catalans I know have paid on average 65 Euros a metre (lined). Certainly prices for a lot of things are more expensive if you're a Brit. I just make a disgusted gesture and walk away. There is always another builders merchants down the road. And when did you ever see a Catalan quote a price up front?

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'd like to know which Catalan language mags. The Catalans I know have paid on average 65 Euros a metre (lined). Certainly prices for a lot of things are more expensive if you're a Brit. I just make a disgusted gesture and walk away. There is always another builders merchants down the road. And when did you ever see a Catalan quote a price up front?

Well I took that with a very large pinch of salt Leo.  I haven't seen any ads in Catalan mags that quote specicic prices for jobs

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
There is always another builders merchants down the road.
How very true.All the talk is of Brits and/or other foriegners getting "ripped  off" but it is a free market economy out there and who is the fool,the guy who pays the inflated price or the guy who sells it.It's called business.

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #18 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
Very true rotnob,
                       the clever man who keeps the money is king,the fool is the one who parts with it too soon, and does not gain the interest that it gives.In other words,feel out the market, they want your money whether you are English or Spanish,just make sure that you try to pay the right amount and no more!
How? Give them an offer,you will soon find out where the price really is.

IP Logged

Farway
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jul 2nd, 2007 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
Well nobrot you are right, it is all about choice and nobody forces one out of your money but the fact that you approve of  shafting people is to say the least disguisting and if that is the way you do business, then God help your clients. There was this liitle thing called "moral values" which is something a few people clearly don't have anymore, business is business everyone understands that but there is a limit to all things.

Good luck, I hope you get far in life.

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Jul 3rd, 2007 at 12:27am
Print Post  
Crikey !! Someone must at sometime really rattled your cage....I have moral values and standards and have survived a long time in business because of that.Ask anyone who knows me.You are not qualified to accuse me of approving to 'shafting' people,you do not know me.The reality is we do not live in Nirvana and we need our wits about us in everyday life.It's obvious and not difficult to understand.

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #21 - Jul 3rd, 2007 at 12:34am
Print Post  
Just a bit touchy aren't we Farway.  In my business I charge what the market says is the right price and I approach the people who I assess will give me the best return for my time and effort. It is called capitalism or just plain old business. Why are cars in Britain sold at a much higher price than in Europe, because the "fools' will pay it. Did you never buy a car in England? If you did then you were probably happy to pay that price because you knew no better. It is not a question of morality or ethics but ignorance on the part of the buyer.Learn the language, mix and converse with the locals and your local knowledge will increase substantially. The majority of locals that I know will bend over backwards to help and point you in the right direction.
And knowing Mr Nobrot personally - he already has got quite far in life.
Good Day to you Smiley

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

leo
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jul 3rd, 2007 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Blimey! I didn't expect this to become so acrimonious. Nobrot isn't the crook here, he's the realist. I don't see anywhere his 'approval of shafting'.

We have come here from a country that puts a price tag on everything and mollycoddles the consumer. It is your own responsibility to ensure you don't get screwed. I never buy anything without getting at least one other price. For example, I had two central heating quotes - the first from a highly recommended plumber was 14000 euros. The second from the yellow pages was 6000 euros (and he eventually reduced it to 5500 euros). Which do you go for? At the end of the day a plumber is a plumber,  a brick is a brick and a cabbage is a cabbage.

Shop around. If you expect good value to be handed to you on a plate then you're a fool and you'll always see the rest of the world as thieves. Value is relative and without a comparison you cannot know whether it's good or bad.

More to the point, where is Paulo to support his comments?

IP Logged

Roger
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jul 3rd, 2007 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
I also know nobrot. I can vouch he has hasnt got very far in life. He lives about 400 metres from where he was born.

IP Logged

Farway
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Jul 4th, 2007 at 12:01am
Print Post  
Let me try and explain. Business is business, we all agree but trying to take mick is moraly wrong. When I read that someone says business is business (in the current context), I see someone that has no problem "taking" exessively high amounts of profit's nearly the same as me saying"bloody hell lad's, I managed to give a blind guy only half his change today, what a great day for business!!" (Very exagirated statement I know) Some people call it business, I call it shafting, nearly the same as making the statement I like blokes but getting my knickers in a knot when someone calls me homosexual.

That is it, like it or not but  I stick with what I said.

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Jul 4th, 2007 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
I'm Sorry,I can't help it.I'm having issues again with the words 'shafting' and 'homosexual' in the same sentence.

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #26 - Jul 4th, 2007 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Rotnob, is there something you want to tell us?? Maybe you should get it off your chest!!

IP Logged

Graeme
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Jul 5th, 2007 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
well done all, most entertaining thread on here in months.. cheers

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jul 5th, 2007 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Rotnob, is there something you want to tell us?? Maybe you should get it off your chest!!

Look, how one man chooses to pay for his borehole is a matter between himself and "the sailors down the docks" . . . .and anyway, it was faraway who admitted at the start of all this to "most of us are walking funny"    Wink

IP Logged

AgentX
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Jul 13th, 2007 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Hi all

for anyone that wants to apply for borehole permission his/herself, the Generalitat website explains the procedure in English at http://mediambient.gencat.net/aca/en//tramitacions/sollicituds/model_H0345.jsp

There is a sample request form (in Catalan), information and a list of documentation required.

The Generalitat website is huge and English language content is added continuously. If you have trouble finding what you want, call the helpline on 012. In my experience they are extremely helpful and you can ask for an English-speaking operator.

AgentX

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top