Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Spain tips into depression (Read 10353 times)
hazelnut
Ex Member

Re: Spain tips into depression
Reply #15 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Bigyin wrote on Sep 27th, 2009 at 12:02pm:
[quote author=Nobrot link=1253862465/0#8 date=1254041446]

P.S. Just a thought....are there enough of us out there to start our own cooperative ???? anyone interested??

It's an attractive thought on the surface but whether it would fly or not is another matter.  "are there enough of us out there ?".  I don't know if Nigel has a handle on how many of the members live close enough to Tortosa (in any direction) to make it viable and how many of those live on campo and produce crops (olive, citrus, carob etc.)
into the mix.  

Helloo get real do you think you could start any british run anything in Catalunya, it would take 3 years for the paperwork to go through, you would have to jump through Hoops and hurdles at every turn, and they would find a different reason every month that you must comply with to obtain your license, non of which the locals would have to adhere to

Waste of time Protectionism Rules in Catalunya

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #16 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
*****y hell Tim.  You entrepreneur you.  So you gonna trade in the X-Trail for a Roller while you're over there.  I wonder if they're hallucinogenic ?  You could grind them and sell the powder for even more.  By the way, what is Spanish Fly made of ? Cool

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #17 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Think it would have to be a privately run affair.  (You ain't seen me right !!).  I doubt if anyone was suggesting we have a proper job with a Moli 'dOli and all.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Chris
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
I reckon all the local farmers are getting subsidies for their crops, there is no way they are making carobs and olive crops pay at the prices we see.
The trouble with machinery sharing is who uses what, and who's do you use and who carries/trailers big stuff around, and i'll bet every time your piece of kit comes back to you, it's knackered and wants repairing before you can use it yourself! Local farmers all own their own kit too, again, probably subsidised.
Re carobs, i had 84 sacks last year ( and earned about 500 euro's) this year i have got 24 sacks. Probably lucky to get 100 euro's this time. Angry

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 7:34pm
Print Post  

Tim,Whilst you're over there,check out the pet shops.They are shrink wrapped for doggy chews.
Having said that,last year I put a sack full through our chipper and mixed it in with the dry dog food,keeps 'em nice and regular you know...

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #20 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
carobs are sold as horse treats, BIG money in uk

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]