Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Cedula de Habitabilidad (Read 78645 times)
hazelnut
Ex Member

Re: Cedula de Habitabilidad
Reply #150 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 7:45am
Print Post  
No I think you will find the locals will buy a fully refurbished place fit to live in! but without a cedulah for less than half its worth and not have to do any work, the locals couldn't care less about a cedulah and will not want to re sell their recently obtained bargain!!

IP Logged

Greg
Ex Member

Reply #151 - Nov 24th, 2010 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Quote:
Quoted from Greg's post
"I wouldn't hold your breath for any change to the current situation if you want to sell which is essentially one of two options for people with vivienda's:
1) Provide original building licence or prove the house was built before 1984"

In what way does it make a difference whether the house was built prior to 1984?  Do we know for certain the Habitatge WILL issue a cedula in that case?   Have any cedulas been issued recently in Tortosa area?  ........ the entire subject seems to have gone very quiet .

Hi Colin,

Sorry for not getting back to you on this but we've sold the week before last and moved back to the UK (yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!) so I haven't had much time.

Why they decided 1984 was the year they wouldn't need an original building licence to issue a cedula is a mystery to me (like everything to do with property in Spain to be honest) - probably just a date plucked out of thin air.

Having said that we did get a cedula in the end with a 'creative' architect and some 'creative' wording on the document from L'Ametlla town hall that was submitted to Habitatge.  It was a very close call and I think our (very patient) estate agent made a big difference too but the long and short of it is that we got the bloody thing and sold the house and have never felt so relieved about anything in our lives!

The only other thing I have heard from the Olive Press Magazine is that apparently a cedula will no longer be needed to sell a rural property and that the description 'Vivienda' will not need to be changed.  I have heard this said before so I'm not sure if it'll come to anything but I hope it does for the sake of all the people who want to sell but haven't been able to.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #152 - Nov 25th, 2010 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Well done Greg glad things worked out for you!! and we are please for you that your stress and worry have ended.
We are still fingers crossed with regards to a cedula, so we still live in hopes, Its all just a shame that they don't take advantage of a golden opportunity to make taxes, if they had an amnesty on all properties and legalised them, but have stringent laws for the future that do not allow an illegal build to sneak past the Notario they would make millions in extra tax, but that's unfortunately how it is here, they would sooner bury their heads in bureaucracy and paperwork and stick their heads in the sand and ignore the impending IMF bail out with its sets of rules and regulation which will be detrimental to Spains recovery.

Cut Nose Off Spite Face etc

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top