cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Re: Stress Test
Reply #15 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
At last some nice things being said!!!!
I was beginning to think that I was the only British person in Catalunya that liked the place.
"They" always say that its the complainers moaners and 'anti' people that have the loudest voices and are the most heard, well for once we can change that.
If you think that life out here is good, great or even bloody marvelous, then say so!
The world is full of negativity at the moment, and you only ever attract what you give out.
So look at the good things, and think positively.
I went back to the uk for the last 6 months and boy oh boy did I miss Catalunya.
And Nigel I lived less than a mile from Junction 6 M1 for the last  27 years.....its always like that Sad
I would happily spend 3 or 4 minutes every day crossing the old bridge in Tortosa than face another day on the M1
AND OMG only €120,000 any one available to look after the rest  Wink

Steve (known as Stebay to my Catalan friends)

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

ClipClop
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
BLOODY MARVELOS Cool

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I do not post on here as a depressive, or soley just to moan. However I do think people should know how much corruption there is going on before they agree to part with their savings.  Had we known that what the Mayor was allowing was illegal and would lead to trouble with the Regional Government we would not have parted with our hard earned savings.  

You may not be a depressive but the comments going on here lately have certainly had a depressing effect on myself.
As those who went to their mayor for building permission would they have done the same thing in England if the estate agent had told them to ?   I doubt it.

IP Logged

ClipClop
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
STILL BLOODY MARVELOS Grin

IP Logged

elfitis
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
Difficult But Still Bloody Marvelous  Grin

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Jul 27th, 2010 at 9:20am
Print Post  
cactus jack wrote on Jul 26th, 2010 at 8:54pm:
At last some nice things being said!!!!
I was beginning to think that I was the only British person in Catalunya that liked the place.

Steve (known as Stebay to my Catalan friends)

I can assure you Steve that you are not the only person that likes this place.  I have fantastic neighbours and when I go into my local bar I am welcomed like an old friend.  But then I have made an effort on my behalf to be friendly and try to learn the language.  How many Brits have I met out here who have said that they would not attempt to learn either Spanish or Catalan -  scores.  Yet back in the UK they would probably be making comments about the immigrants who do not attempt to learn English.

Why anyone should imagine that it is going to be easy moving to a new country I do no know.  It is always going to be difficult accepting new cultures and ways of doing things.  Yet they seem think that they are moving to the 'land of milk and honey' and accordingly leave their brains on their seats when they get off the aircraft.

So come on folks get real and either love it or leave it, but for God's sake quit the grumbling.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jul 27th, 2010 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Thats the problem Tony for some of those that want to leave now,they can not get a Cedula!
I still like it here,but will not spend the rest of my days here.However our immediate area has changed over these last few years,not so "Sleepy" as before.We even have "Speed Humps" in Reguers high street!   Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jul 27th, 2010 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Jeff,
Thank you for answering the bank guarantee question.
With regard to the suggestion that some people are "Deppresive moaners"perhaps when you have also been robbed, mugged and generally been treated like dirt,you may have a different opinion !
I would suggest you are the ones wearing rose tinted spectacles,probably because you have a vested financial interest to protect ?
Having know the area for over 25 years,I also freely chose the area,but am very dissapointed how it has rapidly declined and the way that the local Goverment are able to alter the rules to suit themselves.

IP Logged

Nosocks
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jul 27th, 2010 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
Fatphil point taken on robbed, mugged although being treated like dirt can surely to be ignored.

But The locals have the right to change the laws and regulations as they see fit? (afterall they elected the politicians )

Brian

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Jul 27th, 2010 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
I too have been mugged,robbed(several times) and treated like dirt to which I will add assaulted at work but all in the UK! Six peaceful years here now...except for problems from my ex wife and I don't think that's Catalunya's fault. : )
Bruixot

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Jul 27th, 2010 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
No Comment, Not Allowed to say anything negative about the wonderful life here in Catalunya or it will be censored !!

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Two responses too the "no comment" post on this thread. Responses dependent on the censorship being real or imagined.
1. If responses too this discussion are being censored, for anything other than foul language or abusive comments, then any discussion on the forum is pointless.

2.The "No comment" post on this thread seems to be a bit unreasonable coming from the forums self proclaimed "grump" just because some posters here disagree with his/her opinion. None of the "pro" catalunya's posters seem to have spat their dummies or taken their ball home to stop the "anti's" playing.

Bruixot
: )

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #27 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Yes I agree with Bruxiot. Come on Stuart you can do better than that.
All I wanted to do originally was to balance up the feelings on this forum.
It is a well known fact that the 'Anti's Brigade' and the complainers are always the most listened too, because when people are happy and content with things they dont write about it, they just get on with their lives. But that makes one sided reading for others. (I have just read an article where 60 people complained about an advertisement, which had been seen by several million, so the ad was taken off the air).
A forum is a place where things are discussed and argued over, which takes 2 or more points of view. I certainly wouldn't ever even dream of trying to censor anyone elses point of view, just because it differs from mine Smiley
Steve

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Well I love living here.  Our village is about to start its 'cultural fortnight' and we have a fabulous fira coming up this weekend.  There are  balls amb sopar, theatre, films, a talk on the importance of palm products in the area, a night at the museum, a piano recital, discos, a paella supper, mechanical bull (hurrah no live ones!), a night learning astronomy, traditional singing, cake, the municipal band and trolley racing.   Smiley  Josep Lleixa Lleixa is a wonderful alcalde and i wouldn't move back to the UK if you paid me.  Cool

IP Logged

Mottslott

Every day is a bonus

Reply #29 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Great to hear the positives about Catalunya being brought to the Forum, we are working hard in England looking forward to spending more time in Catalunya, reading all the negativity puts us on edge.
We dont doubt that bad things and corruption are going on over in the sun but trust me it is rife in England too in the rain Huh

Home is where the heart is

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top