Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
 25 DODGY ESTATE AGENTS ,MAYORS AND ILLEGAL PROPERTIES (Read 36713 times)
gyronut44
Ex Member

DODGY ESTATE AGENTS ,MAYORS AND ILLEGAL PROPERTIES
Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
I TAKE IT FROM THE LACK OF POSTINGS TO DO WITH DODGY MAYORS, ESTATE AGENTS AND ILLEGAL BUILDINGS  ,THAT ALL THE AFFECTED PEOPLE HAVE EITHER GIVEN UP ,OR GONE HOME TO THE UK,  OR HAS THEIR BEEN A MIRACULOUS TURNAROUND IN ATTITUDE FROM THE CATALAN AUTHORITIES AND ALL THESE PROPERTIES ARE FINE NOW AND EVERYBODY IS HAPPY, Smiley
I CERTAINLY STILL AINT HAPPY WITH THE PROBLEMS I HAVE WHICH HAVE BEEN GOING ON FOR THE LAST 5 YRS THANKS TO A CERTAIN MAYOR IN GINESTAR AND AN ESTATE AGENT WHO USED TO FLOAT AROUND THE SAME AREA ,I HOPE SHE ISNT STILL FLEECING INNOCENT INCOMERS TO THE AREA, Angry

IP Logged

ginestargal
Ex Member

Re: DODGY ESTATE AGENTS ,MAYORS AND ILLEGAL PROPERTIES
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 11:49am
Print Post  
whats been happening now? I know about the agent i think you mean, we had dealings with her too and I believe she is now in morocco selling property , but think her hubby or partner still hangs around bennifallet drinking.

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 9th, 2011 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
hi everbody,does anybody know how many people have had to shut up their properties in the ebro area, say ginestar ,mora,benifallet,and head home because they have an almacen which they cant live in and not a legal build which they can,
leaving aside the fact that that the catalan authorities started to clamp down on these illegal builds 4 or 5 yrs ago,
the main issue seems to be that people were told that they could live in them by estate agents and mayors,
who is actually responsible for compensating for all the money that was spent in these areas over the years ,
i think a select few made a lot of money at the expense of quite a few people,
where are all these people now and has everybody just given up and accepted that all their money has gone,
I THINK NOT ! and i also think that if a decent amount of people got together and tried to do something then maybe the authorities will have to listen and do something to resolve the problem for many people ,and that includes the people that are living in buildings that may not be 100% legal who may think that they have been overlooked,
why should the people that caused all these problems be let off ! whether people had lawyers or not when they purchased their properties ,the fact is they were lied to by unlicensed ,unregulated individuals who should have given the right info in the first place ,who do you blame for that ,the catalan authorities ,who must have known what was going on in these areas.
there is so much that needs to be done to fix what has happened here but where do you start,
are all these nice new buildings in the countryside going to be left to fall apart and not get used,it would be a bloody shame if that was the case!

IP Logged

Cariad

Forum newbie

Reply #3 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 9:34am
Print Post  
The Generalitat de Catalunya now has a Registre d'Agents immobiliarias de Catalunya.All these agents will have a number ,without this number they are not legal in Catalunya.

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Mmm! a bit late now ,whats the old saying ,bolting the stable door after the horse has bolted !
no consolation now for all the people that have been robbed of their life savings and now have been left to try and sort the problems out at their own expense with no guarantee of a satisfactory conclusion ,ie a legal property.
which was the original aim of so many people,
if the authorities can so easily now bring out legislation to regulate estate agents ,why is it so difficult to admit that they were wrong and now legalize some of the mess that the agents and the mayors that were there before have caused!
like a blanket amnesty on the properties that were built during this crazy time ,

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Mmm! a bit late now ,whats the old saying ,bolting the stable door after the horse has bolted !
no consolation now for all the people that have been robbed of their life savings and now have been left to try and sort the problems out at their own expense with no guarantee of a satisfactory conclusion ,ie a legal property.
which was the original aim of so many people,
if the authorities can so easily now bring out legislation to regulate estate agents ,why is it so difficult to admit that they were wrong and now legalize some of the mess that the agents and the mayors that were there before have caused!
like a blanket amnesty on the properties that were built during this crazy time ,

i totally agree with what you are saying Smileyi have said from the start all propertys built up until lets say the end off 2009 should all be made legal so all this mess can have an end put to it .our ajuntament is taking taxes from us for the lands  and the houses but still insist on calling them garages Roll Eyes

IP Logged

cherryfarms
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Apr 12th, 2011 at 12:22am
Print Post  
I am a member of a ladies group in the Mora area ( about 35 of us ) that meet twice a month hopefully to help each other, exchange news and ideas, and also to chat in general. Many of the ladies are in similar situations regarding property, and we are trying to find a way forward on the issue, as the situation seems to be getting more urgent.

We have been informed that 4 householders in this area have now be denounced and ordered to leave there homes.

We are thinking of sending a small delegation to the British consulate in Barcelona, to discuss the situation that many people are in. If there is anyone on the forum, that could assist us, or would like to be involved, maybe we could meet up, and move forward as a larger group.
Fortunately my property doesn't come under this umbrella, but i do feel deeply for everyone that this is effecting, and I hope we can all stand together on resolving the issue. 100's and 100's of properties must be effected in this small area, and I don't think we can afford to just sit back and let it happen.As previously mentioned, we are talking about peoples life savings here, and there but the grace of god, go I.  Jan x  Smiley

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 12th, 2011 at 11:07am
Print Post  
hi ,if there is to be a meeting count me in ,its about time the authorities listened to common sense,if they had kept a closer eye on what was going on in their area in the first place none of us would be in this position now,it was their appointed representatives that were partly responsible for some of what has happened anyway in some areas .

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Apr 12th, 2011 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Quote:
hi ,if there is to be a meeting count me in ,its about time the authorities listened to common sense,if they had kept a closer eye on what was going on in their area in the first place none of us would be in this position now,it was their appointed representatives that were partly responsible for some of what has happened anyway in some areas .
same here count me in too

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 12th, 2011 at 11:22am
Print Post  
"The Generalitat de Catalunya now has a Registre d'Agents immobiliarias de Catalunya.All these agents will have a number ,without this number they are not legal in Catalunya."

Last week I noticed a shop/office in the village that is NOT an estate agent,still has half a dozen finca's up for sale.
This law will never be enforced,at least not for the local Catalooian locals !

IP Logged

cherryfarms
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Apr 12th, 2011 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Wink hi again. Re my Previous Posting.  I am fairly new to this forum, and not sure how spread out you all are. Our Mora group meets again on Monday morning, 18th April.
I will find out if we could arrange an open meeting on that date at our venue in Mora, It would be good to know just how many forum members would be interested in participating to discuss the way forward. It would be great to have someone on board that speaks good Catalan/ Spanish, in case we decide that the first step should be local adjuntaments and not the British Embassy.

PS. Is there any other towns that are denying British people the right of a padron. Here in  Mora D Ebre you can only get one if you live in a legal house,with an address, not a P.O box, and i am told that this breaches our human rights.. It means of course that they cannot get  health care, and there children are not allowed to go on school trips, as they don't have cap salut. It seems that the law in Ginestar is different and everyone i know there can have , or have got a padron.  Smiley Jan  Wink

IP Logged

Jeff
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Good evening

If anyone's interested, a few words about the agent registry in Catalonia:

Since March 2010 estate agents in Catalonia are required to register on the Generalitat’s AICAT registry. Most have already done so, particularly those that belong to professional associations like API or APEI. Some smaller Spanish agencies may not have registered yet, but in my opinion this doesn’t automatically mean they are unprofessional or will disappear.

I have not heard if the Generalitat have started contacting non-aicat agents yet. They certainly don’t appear to have carried out any advertising. So some non-Spanish agents may still be completely unaware of the need to register.

Agencies located outside Catalonia (whether in other regions of Spain or elsewhere) that sell property in Catalonia are not required to register, neither are agents that only sell property on an occasional basis (quite a few retired agents would fall into this category, as would professionals in other fields that are perfectly capable of organising a property sale).

To become an aicat agent one has to:

-      Have at least 4 years’ proven professional experience or possess the appropriate qualifications*
-      Have civil responsibility insurance and a bank guarantee to demonstrate solvency
-      Have an office where the public can visit you (in theory you can work exclusively over the internet and have a home office but in practice it is hard to get the bank guarantee and is much more expensive. In my case, I stopped working from home and rented a small office.)
-      Adhere to the aicat professional code and procedures

*Certain professions don’t have to do this: lawyers, architects, economists, engineers, etc

More info (in Catalan) and a list of registered agents are available at www.agenciahabitatge.cat

The British Consulate in Barcelona have taken an interest in the cédula de habitabilidad problems and I understand they have had a series of meetings with the the Generalitat about this issue, including one with new president Artur Mas.

Additionally, the British Embassy in Madrid now has a consultant working on property-related problems, liasing with the Spanish authorities. This is a positive step in my view as formerly, the Consulate's stance always appeared to be limited to 'sorry but we cannot get involved'.

The Consul told me that they cannot champion individual cases but it seems to me it is well worth contacting them.

I think they will be specially interested to hear of cases where UK nationals are being denied registry on the padrón, access to healthcare, schooling, etc.

Finally, don't forget that the official channel for any complaint about the Catalan administration is the 'Sindic de Greuges'. You can do this in English on their website, see http://www.sindic.cat/en/page.asp?id=1

Hope this helps!

Jeff
(aicat agent number 2.671  Smiley)

IP Logged

cherryfarms
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Thanks for all your useful information Jeff.  Smiley

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
hi all,the posting from jeff is usefull information ,but we need information on how to claim compensation for being mis-sold from so called agents and any mayor that was involved in mis-selling properies before all this new legislation came out.
how can somebody sell properties ,tell people that they can do certain things ,"no problem" was a saying i certainly heard many times when i asked all the right questions about what i could and couldnt do,so where has all the money that these agents made from so many people ,including myself, go !
its about time the catalan authorities brought certain individuals to task OR LEGALISE THE PROPERTIES THAT THEY HAVE ILLEGALY SOLD !
how long has this nonsense meant to go on before somebody sees sense and fixes this problem that continues to carry on.

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
hi all , i see its gone all quiet again on this subject  Sad,i give up !  Angry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top