Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
 25 DODGY ESTATE AGENTS ,MAYORS AND ILLEGAL PROPERTIES (Read 36714 times)
cherryfarms
Ex Member

Re: DODGY ESTATE AGENTS ,MAYORS AND ILLEGAL PROPERTIES
Reply #15 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
This is the latest information that i have found . Smiley
            makes some interesting reading
             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a little update about the dreaded Cedula situation. A brief meeting took place in El Perelló recently where the British Consul from Barcelona explained the current state of affairs. A couple of points first though:

1.       Origins. There is speculation that this whole mess has come about because the Spanish government have received money from the EU to be used to provide services like electricity and mains water to all legal dwellings. Having misused this funding, they have brought in the requirement for a cedula so that previously legal homes are no longer regarded as such and therefore are not entitled to the services mentioned. This obviously applies mainly to properties that are not on urbanisations. This is not being admitted by anyone in authority, but does make some sense.

2.       It must be emphasized that property issues such as this do not fall within the remit of Embassy or Consular staffs. However, with so many from the community adversely affected, both the British Embassy in Madrid and our own Consul in Barcelona have stepped in to make the Spanish government aware – in no uncertain terms – of the worries that this situation has brought to the expat community (obviously not just the British). So where are we now?

The Embassy and Consul are seriously concerned about the situation. The Embassy has had talks at the very highest levels with the Spanish Government, expressed grave concerns about this issue and received assurances that something will be done to resolve it. Following that, the Consul has had meetings with the Catalunyan Government to discuss what steps can be taken.

Initially at least, the Consulate are concentrating their efforts in seeing that changes are made to the law so that people who bought properties completely legally, using lawyers and following all of the correct procedures, but who now find that they can’t obtain a cedula, can receive one. This is not going to happen overnight. I think that we all know how long it takes politicians to get moving to correct injustice, not just here in Spain but globally. The Consul feels that it could take a year or longer before any change to the law occurs. They will keep up the pressure in any way that they can, including cooperating with the Consular staffs of other nations similarly affected.

A final point is that the Madrid Embassy is taking this so seriously, that it has actually taken on a new full-time member of staff whose remit is to keep up to date on property issues and also to act as liaison with members of the European Parliament who are also applying pressure on the Spanish Government to get this confusing mess sorted out.

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 12:17am
Print Post  
hi everyone, as i have said before the cedula situation is one thing ,but what about all us suckers that listened to the estate agents pitch telling us we could build houses where it is obvious that we couldnt ,dont forget that also in my position the local mayor came to my land before i bought and reassured me that i could build legally there,and now after wasting a fortune i am told i shouldnt have,
the cedula doesnt apply to me or im sure many others too in the same position as me ,
who is going to compensate the likes of us,as i have said many times before the agent and the mayor should be accountable for all our losses,especially in the ginestar area,i dont know about other areas,

IP Logged

eden
Ex Member

Reply #17 - May 2nd, 2011 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Just for info Gyronut do you know that the local elections are taking place in May.  There are two candidates for Mayor in Ginestar - the present Mayor and the previous Mayor.  Watch this space!!!! I wonder who will be re-elected.

IP Logged

ddspain
Ex Member

Reply #18 - May 17th, 2011 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Hi. I live in a slightly different area, nearer to Amposta.
I don´t understand some of the problems being talked about.
How are they proving that you live in your Almacen´s? I have heard that after 6 years they can not do anything about illegal builds, is that not true?
Information seems to be different everywhere, which doesn´t help. Roll Eyes
Also, why do we need Cedula´s? Are they not just another tax like vivienda. As far as I know you can still sell without one.

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #19 - May 17th, 2011 at 10:22am
Print Post  
How the rules have been interpreted in different areas has created some of the problems,along with bringing in new laws and applying them retrospectively,as is the case with the Cedula.
Certain areas have got into big problems by issuing planning consents for rural properties and have now used the cedula to dig themselves out of holes,at the expense of Rural property owners !

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #20 - Jun 1st, 2011 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
I just flew back to Spain (the late spring bank holiday lived up to expectations - cold, wet, windy grey, boy I'm glad to be back!!!!).

Anyway, in the Easyjet mag I saw an advert from a company about dodgy estate agents, builders etc...

I know nothing about the company so can't endorse them in any way but if anyone does try this then let those with problems know the result.

www.bladedisputeresolution.com email: enquiries@bladedisputeresolution.com tel (uk) 0845 3032351

Good luck!

Nigel

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #21 - Jun 1st, 2011 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Nigel the site comes up as no web site address

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #22 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 8:23am
Print Post  
I have also tried to look for the web page, and found it was not available.
I looked at Home Page, and found that they have/had an office in Lincoln, but again could not get any info, on web pages!

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 11:06am
Print Post  
HI. Thanks Nigel, the site does work, and very interesting.
Terry.

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #24 - Jun 3rd, 2011 at 12:05am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #25 - Jun 3rd, 2011 at 12:17am
Print Post  
Oh yes... and on page 9 it appears that he replies describing himself (twice) as a 'busnessman' as opposed to a businessman.  This is the first occasion I have come across of a lawyer (LLB (Hons.)) being so bad at spelling as opposed to the occasional typo!

I smell a rodent - and my nose is finely attuned to such things!

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #26 - Jun 3rd, 2011 at 12:24am
Print Post  
'He' being Toby Gebhard by the way for those for whom perhaps it is not 'nuff said.  Google him!

IP Logged

sleeper
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Jun 6th, 2011 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Just for info Gyronut do you know that the local elections are taking place in May.  There are two candidates for Mayor in Ginestar - the present Mayor and the previous Mayor.  Watch this space!!!! I wonder who will be re-elected.

Anyone know what the outcome of the election was?

IP Logged

JamJarChris

Power to the peaceful

Reply #28 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 6:16pm
Print Post  

quod ambit, redit
GTalk  
IP Logged

sleeper
Ex Member