Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
 25 DODGY ESTATE AGENTS ,MAYORS AND ILLEGAL PROPERTIES (Read 36710 times)
robo
Ex Member

Re: DODGY ESTATE AGENTS ,MAYORS AND ILLEGAL PROPERTIES
Reply #30 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
hi all, this is my first reply on your forum,we have just bought a finca in ginestar, i did a lot of googleing prior to jumping in but did not find anything like the information in this thread, i am now concerned i might have bought a field we did use an estate agent in ginestar who to be fair answered every question i threw at her and did far more than we would have expected, we used an noitre in moira who seemed professional and we are very happy with our purchase which was built in 2005 and that was the reason it has not got a cedula we where told, even so it is worrying when you read the stories of people conned, how do i know if our property is legal i have met the original architect it is registered with ginestar council we do have deeds but as yet we have not received them (only finalised 2 weeks ago )it appears to be legal and above board but how do i find out for sure

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Hi Robo. Your best bet is to check with the Land Registry, to see if your building is registered, don't know where,maybe Mora.
Terry.

IP Logged

lazydaze
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
How do you define a 'finca'.  A finca is a farm not necessarily a building.  All of the licences from the Ajuntament are for Almacens.  An Almacen is a building for you to store your farm equipment.  Many Almacens have been built as bungalow and people are living in them but they are all illegal.  That said it does not mean that you will have any trouble.  The regional government have visited several properties which now have demolition orders issued by the Ajuntament (the same office which originally gave permission to build and were aware that bungalows were being built).  If your property was not one of the ones selected then I doubt you will have any trouble as the goverment do not have the money to investigate Ginestar any more.  It is just sad for the people that have been visited as they only did what everybody else did. Where in Ginestar have you bought as I do know which properties have problems.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #33 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Why, Oh, Why do so many people come here and don't bother to use an independent solicitor who can give help and advice about the legality of property before deciding to purchase it.
Hope in your case, that all is O.K.
Ginestar is a known, No go area!

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
we bought at poligono 4 its up the road past the olive press over the main road then straight up the track its not the one past the cemetery, we did use a solicitor

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #35 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Hopefully then, everything is all O.K. for you, having used an independent solicitor.  A  lot of other people, in that area,
are having problems and have spent a lot of money only to find out that property is not legal etc.

IP Logged

lazydaze
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Without you having to give too much away about the actual location of your property on this forum you can look to see if the previous owners registered it at Basa. To do this go to www.goolzoom.com
On the drop down menu
Direccion - Poligono y Parcela
Provincia - Tarragona
Municipio - Ginestar
In the next 2 small boxes first put in your poligon then in the next your parcela number if you know it.  Then click the icon at the end
This should now show your land and if there is a small box on it that will be your property.
It should also come up with your Catastro number and if you click on it you can see what the Hacienda have your property down as.  I know they changed all the property registered with Basa to RESIDENTIAL - but they also did that to the ones with demolition orders on it so it still does not make it legal it only means they can now charge you residential tax.  Please do not think I am running the area down just stating the facts.
It you dont know your parcela number you can still locate it on the goolzoom map just look over Parcela 4 and you should be able to tell which is your plot.

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 12:11am
Print Post  
cheers lazydaze, i have followed the advice above but can only find a reference to rustica, our house is not shown but none of the other houses are shown including the road so i will now email the estate agent and see what she has to say cheers for the input

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #38 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Quote:
...... we did use a solicitor

Why don't just ask your solicitor?

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 10:04am
Print Post  
A finca is a plot of land not neccesarily a farm. a townhouse has a finca number etc too
Bruixot

IP Logged

lazydaze
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 10:11am
Print Post  
It would be interesting to see what reply you get from your Agent - perhaps you should post her reply on this forum - I expect you will get some feedback to her response, then you can decide for yourself if she has given you a truthfull reply.  You said you used a solicitor - was it an independent solicitor or just the notery that the Agent recommended.  They try to steer you clear of independent solicitors telling you it is a waste of money and you do not need to use one!!!!!!!.

IP Logged

lazydaze
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Just an after thought I hope you are not sitting worrying over this, you have most likely bought a farm shed and not a house, but as long as you didnt buy it for an investment, and didnt pay a lot. Then just enjoy it as the area is very nice.

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 11:10am
Print Post  
it is worrying although by u.k. standards we paid buttons for it but it was all we had we did use a noitre although i have asked the question is it legal over 7 times and had the same answer from 3 different people, i did ask for a cedula but was told as it was built in 2005 it did not need one, i did as much research as possible before buying and did not find any problems but i did hear of other problems in ginestar, i am told the local council own the maintain the road we use for access and the property has an address but this does not show up on goolzoom, i am still waiting for a reply from the estate agent, cheers for all the replies

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #43 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Robo,
Did you actually use an independent solicitor??
If so there shouldn't be any problem/s.  Get in touch with them if you are still worried about the matter.

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 11:50am
Print Post  
i have just had a reply from the agent the house is legal and has a license she also says the Spanish take years to update the maps so its no surprise that our property and other are not shown,but she has assured me we are all above board and legal, she said the solicitor made an point of explaining we where buying the land and house but her English was not great and my Spanish is not at all (as yet ) thanks for all the replies

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top