Poll
Poll Question: Eurona driving me crazy.....

« Created by: Hen_Fox on: Jan 10th, 2012 at 9:22am »

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 EURONA PROBLEM? (Read 10360 times)
jollyolive

Forum newbie

Re: EURONA PROBLEM?
Reply #15 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Nigel,   sooooo   slowwwwwwwww have to have a cup of tea  in between  trying to do anything on net  ..................

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Same here Nigel. What is the issue?

IP Logged

Dusty
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
I am getting fed up now with the internet connection being so slow! About time somebody wound up the rubber band or stoked the boiler and increased steam pressure! Also, I have a minor gripe with the fact that Nigel posts notices of problems with Eurona on the forum when these problems mean we cannot get online to check out what´s wrong!

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Eurona seem to be having lots of problems, isnt it ironic that Iberbander seems to be fine after so many have changed over, we havent had problems with Iberbander for a couple of years now, offering a good service.
Terry.

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #19 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Yes they are having problems. It is in part due to the failure of a complex router last november (remember the Blackberry outages!). This isn't an off the shelf bit of kit and although it was ordered back in november it has only just (today I was told) arrived.  The router that has been in use to date hasn't got enough capacity and so the whole of the network is suffering from saturation at peak times. Lately it seems to be suffering much more than at the beginning - I've no idea why.  Someone putting a 1Kw transmitter in close proximity to the Eurona aerial has just compounded the problem on the Tortosa side of CollRedo.  For those people particularly affected by this interference Eurona are migrating them onto a new system that was put into service on 28th December - this has already started but this doesn't remove the problem of the saturation.

I have been told the work to replace the broken router and upgrade the network is starting tomorrow and will take about 2 weeks.  The whole network is being upgraded from Barcelona all the way down through Tarragona and Tortosa.

What impact this will have during the upgrade I don't know. I would guess it will mean some short outages while things are switched over. If I know anything I'll post it here.

Nigel

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Nigel thank for your input. Are Eurona going to see to credit us for loss of service or lack of speed. I rely on fast speed downloads from the States and pay the higher rate but do not see any benefit to those who are paying the lower rate.

On a number of occasions I have not been able to meet deadlines for conference calls as I´ve had no service. It is bad enough  juggling that we are 8 hours ahead of the West Coast and often my calls are nearer midnight. The other side of the coin is I´ve had a Skype connection but couldn´t open my ´webmail´ and download the file they sent mid-call for to peruse and discuss - due to the slowness of Eurona´s system. This is very embarrassing.

I know you are not the company but a representative but would be obliged if you could pass on our discontent. It doesn´t bode well in anyone recommending Eurona to future clients either.

Thanks for the notice.
Rosie

IP Logged

Hen_Fox
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 9:22am
Print Post  
I thought I was alone ......I have sat for 2 hours on Sunday evening 7pm 'til 9pm with no internet access, same again last night...what is going on ?????  Am I to believe that I am paying 53 euros a month NOT to have the internet...before Eurona I did not have it but it was free...please Nigel once and for all get it working or take my equipment away ,cancel my contract, which Eurona are not honouring anyway, and let me get on with my life.The telephone which I have had for 7 months has never had an incoming call..Nigel, you were going to sort it out a few months ago...please can we sort this out or get rid of it.I am an easy going person but Eurona drives me crazy.....

IP Logged

Hen_Fox
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Again ...I spent2 hours last night 7-9pm waiting for the internet and my telephone to become active...NOTHING...this morning it is working...what is happening ? Would eurona please advise me when the Tortosa internet will be operational..it will save me wasting my generator fuel and my time....AND I sincerely hope that we will not be charged this month for receiving no service.

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #23 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Please read my previous post on 9th January - a proiject has been started and is due to complete in 2 weeks. Until that has completed I can do very little.

IP Logged

jollyolive

Forum newbie

Reply #24 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 6:15am
Print Post  
Nigel,   Eurona have helped themselves to more money 63.48 on top of 110.11  PLEASE  sort this out ,if the 63 is for Jan and Feb , Ithink you said they would take 2 months, then you must get them to return the 110  jy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top