Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Clean Cubos (How?) (Read 20917 times)
ddspain
Ex Member

Re: Clean Cubos (How?)
Reply #15 - Dec 11th, 2012 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
I'm sure they work, but not the cheapest way, probably.

IP Logged

brewnut
Ex Member

Forum newbie

Reply #16 - Dec 11th, 2012 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm sure they work, but not the cheapest way, probably.

unless you're saving for a golden and silk lined casket, I think they're affordable and an effective disinfectant  Cheesy

IP Logged

ddspain
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Dec 12th, 2012 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Well you obviously seem to know what I should be spending my money on  Roll Eyes

However, as the cubos hold a total of 2000 litres and mostly used on the garden, except in emergencies, I still believe this is not the best use of my money, or probably disinfectant tablets.

You will also find that not everyone on this forum is of retirement age and saving for caskets. Although I canīt actually imagine anyone on here saving for their casket.
Btw, welcome to the area  Undecided

IP Logged

brewnut
Ex Member

Forum newbie

Reply #18 - Dec 12th, 2012 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
A little thin skinned, perhaps?
No I don't know what you should spend your money on nor do I care, my comment was all in jest as one can tell by the emoticon that followed my statement
however in this case chlorine is probably the best and cheapest solution as long as the dosage is right

Thanks for the undecided welcome...and have a great day

IP Logged

ddspain
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Dec 12th, 2012 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
I seem to have maybe hit a bit of a raw spot there, but as long as you donīt care, never mind  Wink

I guess I didn't get the jest, as the cheesy emoticon didn't seem relevant to what you were saying, or to the problem that this is all about. Perhaps it was lost in translation.

Yet again you seemed to have missed the original problem, I can not use chlorine as the water gets used on plants and it will kill them.
Help is always appreciated, but please read the issues.
I always have a great day thanks....I live in Spain  Grin

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Dec 12th, 2012 at 7:15pm
Print Post  

untitled_001.png ( 91 KB | Downloads )
untitled_001.png

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Dec 13th, 2012 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Ecover do a non chlorine bleach. Their products are plant and mineral based. This one might be suitable...
http://www.ecover.com/gb/en/products/productdetails.aspx?PId=9170&VId=2001900726...

I would check with the company before using though as to it's suitability.

John

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #22 - Dec 13th, 2012 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Chlorine is a gas and so won't stay in the soil.  I've been watering my garden from the swimming pool with great success for years now.  Obviously if the concentration is vey high then you will have problems.

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Dec 13th, 2012 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
A simple but effective way is to hold the water in a container with a large surface area and either let the water stand till the chlorine has evaporated or aerate it with a simple solar fountain until the chlorine has evaporated. It shouldn't take long - a few days or so. It should then be safe to use. Smiley

IP Logged

ddspain
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Dec 14th, 2012 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Thanks, but I'm not sure how these help my problem.

The water is sitting in two cubos, so will not aerate well and most reports on the internet say that chlorine water is generally not consistently good for plants. Also, I really don't want to use any sort of bleach.
I think the early answers for covering up the cubos are the way to go, but thanks again to everyone.

IP Logged

brewnut
Ex Member

Forum newbie

Reply #25 - Dec 15th, 2012 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I seem to have maybe hit a bit of a raw spot there, but as long as you donīt care, never mind  Wink

I guess I didn't get the jest, as the cheesy emoticon didn't seem relevant to what you were saying, or to the problem that this is all about. Perhaps it was lost in translation.

Yet again you seemed to have missed the original problem, I can not use chlorine as the water gets used on plants and it will kill them.
Help is always appreciated, but please read the issues.
I always have a great day thanks....I live in Spain  Grin

I'm a chemist by trade, so yes I know what I am talking about, most drinking in any industrialized nation is carefully chlorinated, I have yet to see a plant that died from tap water. Even if the dosage is upped slightly it won't harm any plant and over time some of the chlorine will dissipate from sunlight especially if there is no tight closure on the cubos.

So no i didn't miss the boat I still have all my faculties in order... I have to assume you just wanted to post a really smart reply...

no more cheesy emoticons

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top