Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 Australian President causes a stir. (Read 13633 times)
jools
Ex Member

Australian President causes a stir.
Dec 22nd, 2012 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Received this on my Facebook account..........food for thought?

Australia says NO, again

Too bad WE can’t be more like the Aussies!

Australia says NO - Second Time she has done this!

AMAZING You must read it !!!!

She's done it again.. She sure isn't backing down on her hard line stance and one has to appreciate her belief in the rights of her native countrymen. A breath of fresh air to see someone lead. I wish some leaders would step up in Canada & USA.

Australian Prime Minister does it again!! This woman should be appointed Queen of the World.. Truer words have never been spoken.

It took a lot of courage for this woman to speak what she had to say for the world to hear. The retribution could be phenomenal, but at least she was willing to take a stand on her and Australia 's beliefs. The whole world needs a leader like this!

Prime Minister Julia Gillard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society. Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.' 'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves in Canada & USA , WE will find the courage to start speaking and voicing the same truths. If you agree please SEND THIS ON and ON, to as many people as you know

IP Logged

JamJarChris

Power to the peaceful

Re: Australian President causes a stir.
Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2012 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Sorry - spoof letter
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/howard-muslim-speech.shtml

... but still food for thought

quod ambit, redit
GTalk  
IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2012 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
pity as its not their country it belongs to the aborigines

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2012 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Hi Robo,
Don't know much about Australia, were the Abo's christian or muslim?
From a very confused Bulldog.

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 22nd, 2012 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Merriman is right, it's a spoof, a fake. It's been attributed to quite a few politicians over the years but it's just wishful thinking on the part of the writers.
Besides when have you ever known a politician to be that honest?
Bruixot

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 22nd, 2012 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Spoof or not, makes you wonder how true the old adage " When in Rome".   Isn't that why some of us are out here, because of a weak government,  trying to score points from a  PC agenda; giving thousands of pounds to foreigners so they  can pursue there own political aims in the uk, when British citizens are struggling to survive.  Sad

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Not us.  We came out here for the weather and because we were so fed up with whining Brits.

Fact is 'most' Brits, like 'most' Australians don't believe in God and they don't go to church or practice Christianity.  And I'm sorry but the amount of whinging that goes on here about Spanish/Catalan culture/way of life from shop opening times to food to treatment of animals shows that a vast number of ex pats aren't here to assimilate either.

"Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society. Learn the language!" The number of ex pats here (or should I say immigrants) that don't bother to learn Spanish or Catalan and who prefer to associate with other British  is ridiculous too.

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
I quite agree with everything that you say Pondgirl but although I am learning Spanish, slowly I might add, I still like to get together with the Brits for a morning coffee or drink at least once a week.

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
I'm sorry, but what has god got to do with it. My religion is my business. I  live my life in a christian way.treating others as  l myself would want to be treated.  l don't need to believe. in some Sky pixie to be a christian. l know it's that time of year for some people, but can we please have a discussion without  bringing  Religion into it.  Myself and most of my British friends embrace  the Spanish way of Life, if you can overlook the corruption that goes on, as l do. Yes we love the weather too. What were the " whining brits "  whining about befor. you came out here.

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Dec 25th, 2012 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
I don't think it was a personal attack. I got the impression pond girl was commenting on the original post of the spoof statement. It is funny how people get worked up about religion though. Unfortunately you can't be a Christian if you don't beleive in the sky pixie though. That makes you an atheist. If you believe but don't practice worship then your agnostic. Morality IS NOT just due to religon it's an evolutionary trait. Otherwise atheist's would all be calculating monsters or rampaging killers.
"Having religion is like having a thingy. It's fine to have one and fine to think yours is better than everyone else's but I don't want to see it and I don't want you to show it to my children."
Whingeing Brits was a general statement too it seemed.
Bruixot

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Dec 25th, 2012 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Apparently you can't use anatomical words on the forum. I didn't write thingy!
Bruixot

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #11 - Dec 25th, 2012 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Most women worship my thingy  Grin Grin Grin

Merry Christmas. With or without religion

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Dec 25th, 2012 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Pondgirl are you "whinging" about whingers?

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Dec 26th, 2012 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Bruixot, you are quite right of course, I made the comment because in the original post the Australian President allegedly claimed that the majority of Aussies are Christians but as you say, like the majority of Brits, they are probably agnostic.  I certainly wasn't attacking anyone personally and I'm not suggesting for a minute that British people in Spain shouldn't associate with each other.  I just get a bit fed up with the complaints about 'immigrants' in the UK not assimilating when the British ex-pats famously don't.

Cactus Jack, you are a lucky man  Cheesy

Smidge, probably  Roll Eyes  Smiley

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Dec 26th, 2012 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
i have to admit i am a born again atheist, what i do like about spain is the way the spanish accept us, totally different from what i see and hear back home when other nationalities are encountered, the polish that have finished up living in our area are treated like scum by my fellow country men, unlike the treatment we get when walking through the village in spain where every one is courteous and friendly

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top