Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 house build (Read 18690 times)
fishman
Ex Member

house build
Jun 20th, 2013 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
Someone i know owns some land and wants to build but he has been told by a solicitor that spanish people have to build the basefir him and the shell first also his land has to be a certain size for the size of the house....weird...has anyone heard this. He has been waiting three years because he is told he needs to buy the land next door has anyone heard of this......cheers

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Re: house build
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
There are all sorts of regs about house building.  It makes a difference if the land is rural rather than urban.  We weren't allowed to build our house above a certain height (can't remember exactly) and had to change the pitch of the roof.  You also cannot oopen windows over someone else's property so if you aplanning to build right up to the boundary that has to be taken into consideration and is why we bought the terrace below the one we were building our house on..

The best person to speak to would be an architect or an architect tecnic, they know all the rules and regs.

IP Logged

Jeff
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Good evening

I definitely agree with Pondgirl on this one, your friend would be well advised to speak to an architect (arquitecto) or technical architect/surveyor (aparejador).

Planning regulations for urban-zoned land vary drastically from those for rural-zoned land, and regulations for urban-zoned plots can also vary widely.

Local councils will also give you information on what you can and can't do, but an architect or technical architect will be able to interpret that information.

Jeff
(Estate agent)

IP Logged

fishman
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 9:21am
Print Post  
"he has been told by a solicitor that spanish people have to build the base for him and the shell ".............
has anyone heard of this.a solicitor in the area( i shant mention  names)  has told him this
the land is rural up at pinnel de bri,). we have been here 9 years and have never heard of this.
cheers

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #4 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Hi Fishman,

A few years ago in Pinell the ayuntament wanted a quote from a spanisch registred builder when we applied for a licence. The main purpose was to calculate the licence fee (you will pay a percentage of the building costs). It does not mean the same builder have to do the work. The ayuntament of Pinell can tell you about the local rules and regulations.

Unfortunately the ayuntament of Pinell the Brai is not a big help in sorting out the non-local rules. They can't really tell you what kind of paperwork you will need to deliver. They just send your application to all the involved departments and then wait what their demands for additional paperwork will be. It is a frustrating proces that cost us 1,5 year and  a lot of money on rather useless paperwork. And this was just to get  the licence to finish an already almost finished building without a roof.

As Jeff & pondgirl alread pointed out: speak to an architect  is a good point to start; your friend will need one anyway to produce the paperwork.

Good luck, Mark

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Yep, without the paperwork from the architect you won't get a certificat des obres and without that you won't get a cedula de habitabilitat  etc etc

Was your friend planning on building the house himself? Maybe the solicitor meant that the builders have to be Spanish registered or maybe he was just trying to get some work for local people.  They'll certainly need someone who knows all the building regs and local bye-laws.

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yep, without the paperwork from the architect you won't get a certificat des obres and without that you won't get a cedula de habitabilitat  etc etc

I would disagree with you on that point Pondgirl and can prove that it isn't true.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:

I would disagree with you on that point Pondgirl and can prove that it isn't true.

Oooh the plot thinkens!    Shocked

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
I think that what you are all talking about are the various types of Cedula obtained,some of them being totally worthless!
My personnel opinion is that these worthless Cedulars are being issued for ;the architects to make a living and in order to drastically increase the Rates on a former allotment/donkey shed.
Also knowing how good the Cataloonians are at deception they will have some financial bombshell planned for all the extranjerous,in the future years,when they cannot sell any more allotments.

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:

i totally agree noby,and FISHMAN the best thing you can do is tell the person you know who wants to build to go to the local town hall and ask them what he can and cannot do .its no use people on here giveing advice as who are we to know all town halls have their own laws/opinions .best he gets things correct before he starts paying out money

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Hi Phil, what is a " worthless" cedula?  I assume you are talking about the cert that allows you live in the property and get services etc.  Smiley

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 8:41am
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:

Fair enough.  That's the way we had to do it though.  who else is permitted to issue the certificat des obres?  When we went to Endesa to get the electricity connected we had to have all of these documents before they would agree to connect us.  They will not even recognise the existance of a new build without a cedula.

As far as I know all the Town Halls get visits from a Generalitat architect, ours gets a visit once a fortnight.  They are the people to speak to about what is acceptable I would have thought  as they have to pass plans.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 8:45am
Print Post  
Quote:
I think that what you are all talking about are the various types of Cedula obtained,some of them being totally worthless!
My personnel opinion is that these worthless Cedulars are being issued for ;the architects to make a living and in order to drastically increase the Rates on a former allotment/donkey shed.
Also knowing how good the Cataloonians are at deception they will have some financial bombshell planned for all the extranjerous,in the future years,when they cannot sell any more allotments.

If the former allotments and donkey sheds now have houses on them that are being lived in then surely the rates should increase?  The rateable value of the land will have changed.  It's the same in the UK, except they are much stricter about where you can legally build in the first place.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #13 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Would you buy an allotment or donkey shed in the U.K.
and hope to build whatever, anyway?
Would you go into a pub and hand over money to someone that you had never met before, and get ripped off.
It still happens here.
Rules and laws here are for everyone!

IP Logged

hivi
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
silly question: why are people doing these things here if they would never do it in the u.k.? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top