Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Wells (Read 13673 times)
salhal
Ex Member

Wells
Jul 31st, 2006 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Hi everyone am new here and looking to buy in the area. Will proberly be asking tons of questions so heres the first. Can any one tell me what a comparted well is (sorry if i sound thick!!!).

Thanks in advance

Sally

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Re: Wells
Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2006 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Well, I guess a well is one of those holes in the ground that you get water from!

Often called boreholes they offer the possibility of lots of nice cool water for the cost of switching on a pump.

On the subject... can anyone recommend a bole hole drilling company that they have used? Seem to be a few cowboys out there.

Pete.

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 1st, 2006 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
There is a thread somewhere on this site all about boreholes,probably started by me........We are looking into to it  (the old ones are the best) There is a firm in Amettla called Aragonesa de sandeos y fluidos and we plan to visit them early next month.If this thread is still hot I'll let you know.
What I do know is that it is not cheap but would put value on the property but weigh that up against the cost of having water delivered over say a twenty year period.The other cost factor which we initially overlooked was the cost of a pump and the electricity it uses to draw the water from a deep well.
I'd be interested if anyone has any actual figures on this.

IP Logged

stuandeve
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 2nd, 2006 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Hi Sally,
I have just been looking at "Live Spain for life", and on the forum there, it says that a "comparted " well, is one that is shared.

IP Logged

salhal
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 2nd, 2006 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Thanks for replies, saw it on estate agent details for a property and had no idea what it meant.

Thanks again

Sally

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 17th, 2006 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Some info on sinking a bore hole.....
The price we have been quoted was 66 euros/mtr including the pipe.
100 euros for a bloke to do the divining (this guy can tell within a metre where the water is and at what depth...) This 100 euros is refundable when water is found,NO CHARGE for unsuccesful drilling.The firm contract in a drilling team from Barcelona and they also supply all the necessary (I never could spell that word)pumping equipment and provide a 2 yr guarantee (nor that one).
The firm,Tot llatje is next to the Champion/Carrefour on the way out to the AP7,the one with the big swimming pool outside.We are arranging for the diviner to walk our land in the next few weeks.
Hope this is of some help.

IP Logged

Pondboy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 17th, 2006 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Hi Nobrot

We'd be really interested to hear how you get on with this company, as digging a well will be our first priority when we finally exchange contracts on our property.

Have they run out of rubber stamps in Tortosa? Sad

Pondgirl.

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
I heard there were 2 ways of doing the deal, one, you pay per meter of digging down till water is found, the other, they say it is 35M to dig, quote you a fixed, "guaranteed well" price based on digging the 35M +/- whatever it actually turns out to be.

IP Logged

flintstones
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Hi all well prospectors:  In L'Estel mag there is an advert for well digging,   quoted at "from" 42 euros a metre.

Might be worth a look.

IP Logged

john_and_angela

Reply #9 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Hi everyone
We are also very interested in digging a well. Can you give us the number of the company advertised in the magazine?
Thanks
Angela and John

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Nov 18th, 2006 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
We have water.........!!!!! My collegue(cheers Stan) has just been over our land in Benifallet with the water diviner and we have lovely water,corporation pop,Aldershot stock call it what you want.Apparently it's at 180mtrs(give or take 5mtres).The drillers need access at approx 3mtrs wide in order to get their drilling rig in,planning permission is needed but it seems to be a forgone conclusion as the diviner had the papers with him.This is done in Tortosa.I've been told that there are a lot more wells around that are not on any maps so it seems they haven't  got P/P
At 66 euros per mtr plus IVA it would work out at a similar price of a quote for a large cisterna.Granted pump price and probably some form of smaller balsa/cysterna has to be added,,build a swimming pool....
All we need to do now is organise the drillers.....

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #11 - Nov 18th, 2006 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Congratulations - good to have water - so many think they can struggle on without but it can become an annoyance.
Don't forget that at 180 metres you will almost cretainly need a powerful pump and a 3 phase 400V generator.

Take a look at http://www.pumpexpress.co.uk/ped_4sr1_desc.htm for the sort of thing you'll need.

Nigel

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Nov 18th, 2006 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Yes,thanks for that,I'd sort of figured I'd need something big.We do have some major powerlines on the land which seem to be 415v,if we can get connected it would be a godsend.

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Nov 19th, 2006 at 12:55am
Print Post  
Hi Nobrot,

We spent a full morning in the offices of Fecsa a few months ago in Alcaniz, asking all of the pro's and con's about mains electricity connection.

Apparently anybody has the legal right to connect to the mains,......................at a cost!

The very large power lines are normally taking power to big cities, and you cannot spur off from these lines. You need the smaller ones. (please pardon the basic sounding knowledge......i'm a woman and more interested in the ceiling rose fittings and if they can be downlighters or on dimmer switches etc.......lol)

Then you need to find out where the nearest transformer is (large black box on a pylon) you can be connected from this.

So, in reality, you can have huge power lines crossing, or near your finca, and not have a hope in hell of connection, you can also have the lower voltage lines for villages on your property, but the transformer can be 5 kilometers away, again, not a huge problem, except, if you want your own transformer, they can fit this for you for.............36000 Euros, then approx. 6000 euros a kilometer to put the posts and cables to your house (depending on Fecsa's survey) and by the way, they wont even consider a survey before you actually own the property.

Small snitch in this information, Nobrot, here we go again!..........we were asking for the information for properties in Matarrana in Aragon, whether these prices are across the board for all areas i dont honestly know, because we didn't ask, but maybe it is something to work on.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Jools  

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #14 - Nov 19th, 2006 at 9:40am
Print Post  
The figures I've heard for a transformer in the Tortosa area is 24,000 euros - it may have gone up though.

Baix Ebre map, there are transmission lines close to where you are - but they are 110kV - they will be on large steel pylons - if you have cables on small steel pylons or concrete pylons with seperate wires then they are probably 11-15kV and you'll need a transformer - if they are on concrete or wooden poles and are all twisted together then they will most likely be 440V, from which 220V for domestic supplies is derived.

Nigel

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top