Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Wells (Read 13670 times)
old nelson

The man in black

Re: Wells
Reply #15 - Nov 19th, 2006 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
SmileyHad electric put up to the edge of my land by Fecsa and had my builder run it for 300yds in conduit with 10 mtr inspection points to my shack. Fecsa charged 6,000 euros when I ordered and you have to set up direct debit mandate for payments they then took the(6,000) money out  one week later. I did not get electricity for seven months!! After moaning lots about this they said it was normal procedure!
Spain needs more competition in the power industry and they would not be so lax.

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Nov 19th, 2006 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Many thanks again to both of you for that info ,certainly something to think about.
Do we do the research and spend months probably years sorting out and waiting for electickery to be brought in or do we settle for solar and a v large genny (for the well pump) and not have to be reliant on an outside source.
Nigel,if my memory serves me right the pylons are smallish metal ones that may then need a transformer,there are however wooden ones that run across the valley from the caves but there are no cables attached to our side of the valley,could these be redundant or could they be re connected ????Do these electricity companys do surveys for you on your land ???.

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #17 - Nov 19th, 2006 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
On the electrical side, the pumps linked to earlier in this thread don't seem to draw that much juice, say 1.5kw. If you have a battery / inverter / solar system like we do then running a generator to charge the battery takes about 1.5kw also. Ergo... An 8kw genny would pump water and charge the batteries at the same time with 5kw left for the washing machine or whatever you use to make best use of the genny running time.
BTW we bought a set of fork lift batteries from eBay for £250. 700Ah @24V and they are only 2 years old. Had to bring them from England but still well worth it.

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Nov 19th, 2006 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Cheers Pete,I had looked at the site Nigel mentioned and seen the technical jargon and yes It seems the pumps don't actually use as much power as I original had thought.I had visions of a huge diesel genny banging away in the background but it seems that a much smaller,possibly gas converted Honda (or similar) of the size you mentioned would suffice with a bit more left over to charge the batteries in the winter months.

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #19 - Nov 20th, 2006 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Yes you can ger away with a smaller pump BUT don't forget that the smaller it is the less it'll pump per miinute = longet it needs to run.

i.e. your well is 180M +/- a bit so take a punt at 207M as they have spec'd it at that (allows a bit of leeway) the highest capacity  single phase 4SR1m45 is only going to pump 15 litres per minute. To fill a 'typical' 10,000L cisterna is going to take 11 hours to fill - I'm sure you can work out the rest....

Much better to go for something larger and run it for less time - but you'll need 3 phase for it.

Re poles etc.. sounds like the metal ones are 11/15kV. With the wooden ones - it might be worth asking about them but if they need to cross someone else's land etc. then good luck!  They have a similar problem in Sympatica and they're still holding their breath....

Nigel

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Nov 20th, 2006 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Looks like you're right,I've worked the rest out.......

Cheers again

IP Logged

Farway
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Dec 2nd, 2006 at 9:13am
Print Post  
But how much will mains electric add to the value of the property??? Another question/option is a diesel pump for your well?????

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top