Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
 25 Illegal Rural Dwelling - urgent advice needed (Read 37776 times)
jools
Ex Member

Re: Illegal Rural Dwelling - urgent advice needed
Reply #15 - May 26th, 2010 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
I am not allowed by the forum rules to go into anything to do with my business on here, but yes the regulations are different.

The famous saying here from the Catalans is that Catalunya is not Spain, therefore by the same token I suppose Aragon isn't either as they both have their own autonomous Governments and regulations.

This is why it always amazes me when clients want to employ a Lawyer from Barcelona/Tarragona or Timbuktu to buy a property in another country or part of another country, they just dont know the rules and regs.

You will be able to find our website if you look for it.

Jools

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #16 - May 26th, 2010 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
HI. reply to Nen, The problem with legalising all properties, especially those on campo is that by EU law all habitable (Cedula)properties must have services,IE water electricity.
Could you imagine the costs involved.
One way, is to have an addition to the escritura saying you do not want these services, then any future buyer of that property would automatically have to agree.
Terry.

IP Logged

Debbie
Ex Member

Reply #17 - May 26th, 2010 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
I appreciate that I am going off subject a little here, but if a property in the campo does have electricity and water is it possible to obtain a cedula or is it just impossible to do so at the moment.  Hopefully as soon as Catalunya realises that this is having a detrimental affect on the housing market as the HIPS did in the UK it will change the system.

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #18 - May 26th, 2010 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
HI. reply to Nen, The problem with legalising all properties, especially those on campo is that by EU law all habitable (Cedula)properties must have services,IE water electricity.
Could you imagine the costs involved.
One way, is to have an addition to the escritura saying you do not want these services, then any future buyer of that property would automatically have to agree.
Terry.
hi terry we have water and ele on all 3 propertys and we have tarmac roads and wastbins and we pay land and house taxes on 2 of the propertys but only land rates on the third. maybe we should all refuse to pay the taxes and see what happens .

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #19 - May 26th, 2010 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I appreciate that I am going off subject a little here, but if a property in the campo does have electricity and water is it possible to obtain a cedula or is it just impossible to do so at the moment.  Hopefully as soon as Catalunya realises that this is having a detrimental affect on the housing market as the HIPS did in the UK it will change the system.

hi debbie,the answer to that is NO  Cryi am told no one can get a celuda .i think something as to be done about this people have payed good money out for propertys they can no longer sell i dont know what we can do but we must band together and come up with something before we all go mad

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #20 - May 26th, 2010 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
HI Nen. Would you believe we have neither and we still pay 62.33 a year council tax, we dont pay any land tax as the value is below 3€.
Terry.

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #21 - May 26th, 2010 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
I think that Spain makes these laws see how they go and then modify them to suit at a later date, just like HIPS in the UK.
You should see the law book regarding planning in Tortosa, every law has been modified at some time, they even admit they cant keep up with the changes.
It will change but when and to who's benefit is anybody's guess.
Terry.

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #22 - May 26th, 2010 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Were all waiting to hear from Sue100, whats the verdict.

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #23 - May 26th, 2010 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
its all a BIG NIGHTMARE and someone wonts to wake up and put things right

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #24 - May 26th, 2010 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
hello everyone,i am another one with all the same problems,illegal building ,dodgy estate agent ,dodgy builder etc,etc ,how many of us is that now,must be quite a few eh!

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #25 - May 27th, 2010 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Has anyone managed to sell a finca as just land even though there is a property on it? Is this possible?

I don't live there permanently now but I would like to suggest that someone organizes a 'sit in' at one of the government offices, eg. Tortosa or Tarragona. It is the only way to get noticed and get some publicity. Make up some banners with notices in Catalan and sit outside the offices asking for justice.
Give yourselves a name, in Catalan, try and keep it light hearted at first.  Do it on a couple of consecutive days until someone notices and the local papers do a write up. You need to get organised and this forum is a good place to start.

IP Logged

sue100
Ex Member

Re: Cedula application update
Reply #26 - May 27th, 2010 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
I have just spoken to the technico handling this for me, and was given the following news - which sounds good to me Wink

My house is urban, but the land it stands on is still rustic, so at the moment I am unlikely to get a cedula, however the man in the office at Tortosa who is refusing all rural dwellings is leaving/or being moved from his position on 5th September due to the Cedula application problems currently being experienced in the Tortosa administration area only.

This situation is not happening in other administration areas of Catalunya, only in Tortosa, which all Baix Ebre applications have to go through.

Therefore he is holding my application over until after the 5th September 2010. Lets hope this will put an end to the problems we are all experiencing with trying to get a Cedula.

He did state that as now, after the 5th September you will only be able to get a cedula on a rustic property that has never in its history had a fine or building work stopped pending fine, whether imposed or not.  I do already have this letter from my local town hall to state that the property has never been fined or had work stopped. This is NOTjust about while you have owned the property, but during the properties entire history of ownership.

I will update further in September when my application will finally go before the powers that be. In the meantime The technico suggests everyone saves their time, money and frustration until after the 5th September.

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #27 - May 27th, 2010 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
hi sue  Smileybest they move this man before the 5th sept then and let people get on with selling propertys.TO ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE LEAGLE HOUSES and think everythink is in order please look over your ESCRITURA to see if you have the CEDULA.we went to put our house on the market yesterday only to find we didnt have one so now we have 2 propertys we cant sell without haveing a CEDULA .we like a lot of other people (AND THERE IS A LOT)can now not sell because when they got the ESCRITURAS all the paperwork need to sell wasnt writen in on it and people were not told they need the paper .PLEASE LOOK AT YOUR PAPERWORK AND LETS SEE JUST HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE NOT GOT THE CEDULA and were fooled into thinking they had just as we were .

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #28 - May 27th, 2010 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Hi Nen,
The cedula is a fairly recent Catalan invention, and probably wasn't a normality when you bought your properties.
Even town houses need one to be bought and sold, not just rural properties.
My town house is on the market for sale, so when/if somebody wants to buy it, I will then have to get a cedula from a local Architect, at a cost of around 150 Euros, or the Notary cannot complete the sale.
My business partner sold a town house only 2 and a half years ago and didn't need one then.
Hope this helps.
Jools

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #29 - May 27th, 2010 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hi Nen,
The cedula is a fairly recent Catalan invention, and probably wasn't a normality when you bought your properties.
Even town houses need one to be bought and sold, not just rural properties.
My town house is on the market for sale, so when/if somebody wants to buy it, I will then have to get a cedula from a local Architect, at a cost of around 150 Euros, or the Notary cannot complete the sale.
My business partner sold a town house only 2 and a half years ago and didn't need one then.
Hope this helps.
Jools

hi jools  Smileyyes i no that now but why can we not get this paper now if a house is legal after all we do pay taxs on the house and all we wont is this piece of paper so we can sell .most people like us just thought we could put or house up for sale with no problems BUT NO cant sell no paper its a disgrace

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top