Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
 25 Illegal Rural Dwelling - urgent advice needed (Read 37777 times)
Greg
Ex Member

Re: Illegal Rural Dwelling - urgent advice needed
Reply #30 - May 27th, 2010 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Sue -
Thanks for the update, many people have said that Agustí Bel Beltran (the head of Haibitatge in Tortosa) is being moved in October but a specific date is a new one on me and the fact your architect has more information about what will change is encouraging.

Whether this issue is just affecting Baix Ebre is debatable as the law is a Catalan law and according to many being implemented all over Catalunya.  The problem has just been more acute here because of the volume of properties built and 'legalised' in this way.  Like a lot of things in Spain it depends who you speak to and many lawyers, estate agents and even notary's are either still oblivious or lying to people about the problems getting a cedula.  Would you mind letting me know the name of the architect you're using either on the forum or via a PM?  Thanks.

Nen -
I couldn't agree more - it's a utter disgrace and defies belief that a law like this has been introduced when Spain is on the verge of economic collapse.  You can see what the new law says (introduced in December last year) here:
http://ceduladehabitabilidad.wordpress.com/latest-news/

IP Logged

Chris
Ex Member

Reply #31 - May 27th, 2010 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Just had a look at this link, and is to me,  total and utter gobbledegook (now there's a good word). I honestly can't make heads or tails of it. I must be thick then...............

IP Logged

Greg
Ex Member

Reply #32 - May 27th, 2010 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
What are you struggling with Chris - the English or the Catalan?

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #33 - May 27th, 2010 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Just had a look at this link, and is to me,  total and utter gobbledegook (now there's a good word). I honestly can't make heads or tails of it. I must be thick then...............

well you must be THICK  then chris  Smileyit dont apply to you as you are only selling land and caravans but if you were selling a house a differant matter you wouldnt be able to sell it as we have just found out with our legal house when we put it up for sale Cry

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #34 - May 27th, 2010 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Sue,
How do you know your house is classed as Urban,is it on the map that defines the Urbinisation areas ?
I am puzzeled how a Urban house can be on land still classed as Rustic.

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #35 - May 27th, 2010 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Sue,
How do you know your house is classed as Urban,is it on the map that defines the Urbinisation areas ?
I am puzzeled how a Urban house can be on land still classed as Rustic.

hi we have the same problem.we have papers from madrid saying our house is  uso....residencial ..clase....urbano and the rest of the land is rustica one paper says casa on another it says vivienda and on the ele conection it says almacen  Undecidedevery thing seems all mixed up the local village put the land taxes up x3  ie.52e pr year to 156e the same on the other 2 we have from 8e to 24 and 25e to 75e we were told they had urbanized part of the planes but its not comeing up anywere to prove they have  Undecidedits about time they all got there act together as one dont know what the other is doing  Angry

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #36 - May 27th, 2010 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
hi everyone, will there ever be an organised protest or gettogether in the ebro valley area ,seems to me we are getting the p**s taken out of us all by the catalan authorities or whoever is responsible for all this mess,
i would like to know how much in euros everybody together has spent in the area from tortosa up to mora d ebre or further,it must amount to millions!
if you stop and think about this whole situation it is completely bonkers ,i have never in my life heard of anything like it anywhere else in the world! unbelievable doesnt even come close!  Undecided maybe all this s**t that is going on is normal for catalunya!   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

sue100
Ex Member

Reply #37 - May 28th, 2010 at 7:36am
Print Post  
Like Nen 2 years ago I received new documents from the land registry changing the house from Rustic Casa to Urbano Vivenda ( I did not request them, they just arrived in the post). My tax rose from 13 euros per year to 351 euros per year. Thankfully, because I have 3 children here and was able to get the Familia Nombrosa and get 40% discount on this each year. (I knew teenagers had some use, now I know what  Grin).

So now I get 3 tax bills per year, one for the house, one for the land, and one for the rubbish collection, which we dont get.

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #38 - May 28th, 2010 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Just caught the end of the advert for next weeks Watchdog tv programme on ITV at 8 o'clock,about Spanish house demolition.
Does anyone have any more details ?

IP Logged

Fly_Boy
Ex Member

Reply #39 - May 28th, 2010 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
It was a trailer for next week.

It is a BBC TV program  - not ITV

and on BBC1 at 8am ( UK time Smiley )

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #40 - May 28th, 2010 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
HI  Sue, are you shure it was from the land registry and not BASE, as it is base that you pay your tax to not the land registry.
We, in gandesa had a visit from authorities in Tarragona four years ago to measure our house ( rustic finca) and six months or so later we were all,Spanish and English in Gandesa called down to Base with our escrituras and a rough plan of the houses.people to arrive on certain days.
We were told,myself in English that in Febuary we would receive a letter with a number on and this would mean that our house was legal and we could apply for electricity and water, this letter did eventually arrive in febuary but two years later ( Letter 902S), together with a tax bill, back dated three years, with the words Residential and Vivienda on.
Has any other area been through this process as we were told Gandesa was the first.
We now pay 62.33€ per year,presumably for services,which we have none.
I questioned base as to why we pay no land tax and they said because the value is below 3€ for the amount of land we have (1.17H) we dont pay.
Regarding the BBC watchdog program possibly 5 mins if were lucky,perhaps after the program we should ask the BBC for a follow up featuring the plight that most of us are in.
            Terry and Sandra.

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #41 - May 28th, 2010 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
We cant see how one mans removal from Tortosa can change the law, surely the law still stands and the new man will follow that law,right or wrong.
Terry.

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #42 - May 28th, 2010 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
hi terry our letters  were not like yours we didnt have to go anywere it just stated what they  now had on record about the property etc.etc.
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2010 at 6:20pm by »  

IP Logged

sue100
Ex Member

Reply #43 - May 28th, 2010 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Yes, four years ago we also had the town hall surveyors around taking photographs and measuring, than had to take all our paper work to the town hall at a certain time and date to have them verified. Two years later only myself and one other neighbour got these 4 page papers from the Land registry not BASE changing the house to vivenda, urbano. I still dont know why we got them, or why only two rural properties out of 100's got them. I was told by the Comarc at the time it was something to do with the project to electrify the valley we live in, and if there were vivenda's without electricity then a lot more money could be got from Europe in the form of grants. I do not know if this is true or not. All I want is a cedula.

IP Logged

Jan_Steve
Ex Member

Reply #44 - May 28th, 2010 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Hi All, In reply to Terry, we also recieved similar papers changing our finca to Residential & vivenda a while back. We thought it was because I went down to base in Gandesa and registered the property well over 2 years ago.We have been told that our property is a legal build (by English speaking Solicitor in Miami platja he had a look at the escriture for us when we purchased another property last year.) but have not yet tried to obtain a cedula. We are in the La Fatarella district. But as up to now we havnt had a tax bill, supose I had better go down to base again before it mounts the national debt up! Sad
Good luck all
Steve

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top