Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 25 Reus Airport Car Hire (Read 25111 times)
philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reus Airport Car Hire
Jul 6th, 2010 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Hi any rcomendations for car hire at Reus Airport ,have used Economy Car hire before but flying in close to midnight Saturday and they are closed.
Thanks in advance Phil Grin

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Re: Reus Airport Car Hire
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
In my experience it is cheaper to book in advance either through Ryanair or Easyjet sites. I have also been told that you can save money by shopping around and using other companies who will deliver the car to the airport! Would be interested to know how this works in practice and what happen s if your flight is late!!

IP Logged

munkonminor

Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Economy Car hire are only a broker, they use Solmar or Crown Auguira. When I booked through them with Crown ( In May) there was an extra charge for collecting the car "outside normal hours". I have never found any of the Easyjet / Ryanair offer cheaper that Economy or Somar-Online but might be worth a try

IP Logged

munkonminor

Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
and... there is always Goldcar, they are based just off the airport, may deliver later : www.goldcar.es

IP Logged

munkonminor

Reply #4 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Sorry, should have been AurigaCrown, their website shows the office open until 23.59 -                   http://en.aurigacrown.com/network-of-offices.html?oficina=6

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
I have had results in the past from  http://www.holidayautos.co.uk

The major brands there, just discounted. Had off season cars for 150pw when the other people in the queue who went direct were paying 300 or 400.

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Expedia are also good,book online but phone seems better.They are also an agent so can shop around for the best deals

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Hi Thanks all, my wifes the one who trolls through all the sites,have used Solmar( via Econmy car Hire) with no probs,the best price she has so far is from doyouspain.com @97 euros for 4 days hire poss too cheap !!! ryanair/herts £194.23p the rest are around £150,  has anyone used doyouspain she has read some bad reviews.  This is turning out to be one of the dearest short trips in ages and the euros got better ?
Thanks again for your help
Wink

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
I always use Carjet, a Spanish company who have always searched for availability and come in with cheaper prices that the other agents.

IP Logged

furbydoggie
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
I've used doyouspain many times in the past and have found them great.  Usually you end up getting the cars from either solmar, auriga crown and more recently goldcars.  Didn't have any problems in the past.  One advantage is that you don't have to pay up front - only on the day you get the car.  Last summer, I couldn't get a car in reus as they were all booked up - I booked in plenty of time this summer with doyouspain - car from goldcar..........Hopefully when I get there.

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #10 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Just a update folks,have booked a car through carentals.co.uk/economy car hire/Auriga Crown@ £120 inc a £6.00 insurance top up(last time over got stuck on a rock on Finca track) just waiting for comfirmation email ,fingers crossed.
Also thinking of closing my Spanish Bank Account at the BBV as never use it, do I realy need a account, and if so which banks do you think are the cheapest /best ? and is there a Halifax in ,around Tortosa.
Thanks again
Phil  Smiley

IP Logged

Cariad

Forum newbie

Reply #11 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 10:28am
Print Post  
The nearest Halifax is in Barcelona but they dont work with the English branch. I went to Barce with a friend and they wouldnt let here take money out they needed 4 days notice. Whereby she would have been back home.

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
philmountains wrote on Jul 7th, 2010 at 9:05am:
Just a update folks,have booked a car through carentals.co.uk/economy car hire/Auriga Crown@ £120 inc a £6.00 insurance top up(last time over got stuck on a rock on Finca track) just waiting for comfirmation email ,fingers crossed.
Also thinking of closing my Spanish Bank Account at the BBV as never use it, do I realy need a account, and if so which banks do you think are the cheapest /best ? and is there a Halifax in ,around Tortosa.
Thanks again
Phil  Smiley

Dear Skiptonian -do you not have any services, insurances or taxes to pay direct from your Spanish accounts as they won't normally accept a British bank ?

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #13 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 8:58am
Print Post  
well !! I used my account to buy the donkey shed, and to make it legal ,this was 6 years ago and have never needed it since ( does head burried in a bucket of sand sound correct !) anyway the account is just costing me money.
Thanks again
Phil Wink

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #14 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 9:41am
Print Post  
Next time you are back in the UK, open up a Nationwide Flexaccount. Best banking move that I ever made. When drawing out cash here I get the top exchange rate with no other charges. Eg. I drew €100 on Nationwide and got €1.212 and then drew €100 on Barclays Connect and got €1.046! Also when making online payments to non Nationwide accounts the money goes through immediately, no waiting for 4 working days.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top