Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
 25 DODGY ESTATE AGENTS ,MAYORS AND ILLEGAL PROPERTIES (Read 36711 times)
fatphil
Ex Member

Re: DODGY ESTATE AGENTS ,MAYORS AND ILLEGAL PROPERTIES
Reply #45 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
If, what the Estate agent says is correct,why were you not given the house license and Cedula by the Notaire on completion of the purchase ?
If you have not signed the final papers yet, my advice would be DO NOT SIGN until you see it written in the Escritura that you are buying a legal house,with the necessary licence.

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
oh dear ,our first house we bought we were told it was legal but the local ajuntiment say no when we went to ask for a cedula they say armagan (the build date is in the 1979s and is recorded in the back of our deeds )so of we go with the deeds to the norteria in tortosa showed them the deeds told them what we were told in the village only to be told YES IT IS LEAGLE so the BIG PROBLEM here is one tells you one thing and someome tells you another .also the nortaria is a leagle person so she as to tell you as it is she cannot tell you any lies .one day i say one day all this mess will be sorted we all hope .SORRY IF MY SPEELING IS NOT CORRECT Smiley

IP Logged

lazydaze
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Hi Robo so the agent says your HOUSE is legal.  Ask to see the planning permission from the Ajuntament (not the plans from the Architect).  I bet it says permission for an Almacen.
The previous Mayor was giving out permissions for 50sq.m Almacens by the dozen in 2005.  Some people got this permission and built bigger.  If however you wanted to legally build an Almacen over 50 you needed an Architect but it was still an Almacen and not a house.  Also the plans would not look anything like what was actually built. As I said previously you may never have any trouble but you should have been told the permission would have been for an Almacen not a house.  Almacens do not need a Cedular.  Would you still have bought if you had been told the truth, possibly not and that is why the Agents do not tell you.  Anyone who registered with Basa in 2005 would by now be on the maps, I know people that registered after that and their property is on the map. The majority of people have not registered to save paying the extra tax.

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
it is only 50 meters square we have been told that we will have to pay around 60 euros a year tax also 1 month ago the architect went to the local council to sign of the house by this i think they mean registering, we where told we will get the deeds when everything is sorted probably on our next visit

IP Logged

ClipClop
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
If you go to the Base office they will tell you if the house is registered or if you are paying only for the land. We only found out our house wasn't registered when we went to the Base and asked if we could pay for the house. We were surprised when they told us it wasn't registered as the Ajuntament said it was!! It was easy to register , they will tell you what is needed . Hope this helps Cheesy

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #50 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
How recently did you register? I asked base last year and they said I needed architects plans among othrr things.
Bruixot

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
we are not back over until mid to end of february things will have to Waite till then, we have a c.d. of pictures of the house when under construction i think the architect is on one of the pictures but i have met him but only briefly

IP Logged

furbydoggie
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Nov 25th, 2011 at 12:14am
Print Post  
Hi and welcome to the area.  I hope all works out for you and the house is legal.  Maybe some of the more experience members can answer this question - why would a house built in 2005 NOT have a cedula?  My understanding is that all habitable residential property should have one - have I missed something?

IP Logged

ClipClop
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Nov 25th, 2011 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Hi Bruixot, It was about 5yrs ago , we never needed the architect plans then altough we did have them. Things have changed I suppose since then.

IP Logged

almendra
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Nov 25th, 2011 at 10:24am
Print Post  
If the Estate Agents and the owner of the property want a sale then they should pull their finger out and present you with all the correct paperwork. Why should you be doing all the work? Tell them there are plenty of other properties for you to look at. If they can't be bothered to get the correct paperwork for you to prove that this is a legal dwelling and not just an almacen then they are clearly trying to hide something. By all means buy your land with almacen if that is what you want but do it with your eyes open to what this means and pay for what you get i.e. agricultural land with an almacen ( store ) that you may be able to do something with and not a house with a cedula that will clearly be worth much more.

IP Logged

Cariad

Forum newbie

Reply #55 - Nov 25th, 2011 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Did you get a copy simple when you went to the notario, this is an exact copy of the deeds which can take 3 months to come through.This will state exactly what you have brought.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top