Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
 25 Ferry/Spain/France/Eurotunnel (Read 70920 times)
Michael

Village Idiot

Re: Ferry/Spain/France/Eurotunnel
Reply #30 - Feb 17th, 2013 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
I'm really sorry to hear your news.  You, like all other victims of wrongdoers, do not deserve this.  Don't let 'em sh*t on your dreams.

IP Logged

Hen_Fox
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Feb 17th, 2013 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Really sorry to hear about your burglary and that you have lost so much stuff. We arrived out here ( to live permanently) nearly two years ago to find we had been burgled, and it really makes you mad. Perhaps you can leave your valuables with a permanent resident, rather tthan in your empty property, when you return home?
Like the previous person said don't let them destroy your dreams for the future.

IP Logged

catalanboy
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Feb 17th, 2013 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
I too am really sorry you have been burgled, i have real empathy for you as the same happened to me a few years ago , not a very pleasant experience, but remain positive and dont let these b.......s spoil your dreams, they are the real losers in life... the real scum.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Feb 18th, 2013 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
That's a total nuisance Phil, really sorry to hear about this.  As hen fox says could you ask anyone to look after your valuables?  We do that for some people who have a place near us.  It doesn't stop them breaking in and having a look round sadly.
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2013 at 8:34pm by Ritaratbag »  

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Feb 19th, 2013 at 11:30am
Print Post  
I can't imagine how you felt when you found this. There are some low lifes around. Don't give up Phil. What goes round comes round and  I'm sure you'll regret it if you give up after all the work and time and effort you have put in over the years. Don't let this ruin your dreams. Keep the strength up.

John. Sad

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #35 - Feb 19th, 2013 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Thanks all for your support,I will leave the big stuff that Ive brought with me in the farmers lock up. I cannot beleve that the Bast"""s left my new tent just took the poles ,and out of all the good stuff left my colman petrol lamp maybe so I could see what had gone!!!!!!!!!
Know no one about anymore it just feels  bad up there on my own , no dogs for company etc....Mrs mountains thinks I should call it a draw ? It,s not the same place now, taken years of 15kg to get setup like I had it
It also seems to be raining every time I get here LOL

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Feb 19th, 2013 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Phil,
Speaking from my own personnel experience I would not leave anything of any value with any local and that includes our fellow countrymen.
I was advised to trust some locals many years ago and it has cost me a lot of money,it wont happen again.
I think you hit the point with your remark about local shepherds,they see everything that goes on,but choose to ignore it,as it is often to their advantage.
These are not random breakins but are part of systematique organised agendas to achieve what they want !
I am not saying give, up but try a different approach.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Quote:
That's a total nuisance Phil, really sorry to hear about this.  As hen fox says could you ask anyone to look after your valuables?  We do that for some people who have a place near us.  It doesn't stop them breaking in and having a look round sadly.

Wow, you changed "ba$**rd to "nuisance"???   Grin  I really, really don't think nuisance covers what happened to Phil, do you?  A nuisance is mislaying your keys,  being broken into and having your dream wrecked is a complete ba$**rd.

So people aren't offended if they can read the word with asterisks inserted but are if the correct letters are used?  What does the word sound like in your head with the asterisks?  Is it different?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 10:08am
Print Post  
I personally don't think it is necessary to use profanities on public forums which may be read by minors (some expats have children or relatives who have children and may be reading this). I would object to people using profanities on a site my children could read when they were minors themselves. 

However, I can see that what was written was not written out of lack of consideration but out of empathy for a fellow members bad experience.

I do not feel it would be justified in using this incident to start a debate on such matters at this stage.  Undecided

Just my opinion.
John

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 11:06am
Print Post  
My opinion is this does nead to be discussed and brought out into the open,because there is too much of this happening and it is definitely more than a nuisance !
I would think the majority of members of this forum have either been robbed,some several times ,or have friends who have ?
It is allso not acceptable that the authorities and Police have the opinion, that if you live in the Campo this is what you should expect to happen.

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Quote:
My opinion is this does nead to be discussed and brought out into the open,because there is too much of this happening and it is definitely more than a nuisance !
I would think the majority of members of this forum have either been robbed,some several times ,or have friends who have ?
It is allso not acceptable that the authorities and Police have the opinion, that if you live in the Campo this is what you should expect to happen.

Sorry fatPhil, Maybe I hadn't explained properly. I was referring to discussing profanities, not the situation Philmountains has just experienced. I do think what you say here is perfectly valid and needs to have something done, but what? The police don't have the time or resources to patrol every finca BUT should not be taking the attitude that we should expect it..

John.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I personally don't think it is necessary to use profanities on public forums which may be read by minors (some expats have children or relatives who have children and may be reading this). I would object to people using profanities on a site my children could read when they were minors themselves. 

However, I can see that what was written was not written out of lack of consideration but out of empathy for a fellow members bad experience.

Hi John,
I appreciate your input.  My point was really that if profanity isn't allowed on the forum then it shouldn't be allowed with asterisks replacing some of the letters either, because the intention and the word are still the same and will sound the same in the head of whoever is reading it.  Even if there are children old enough to be using the internet unsupervised reading this forum I would imagine that they would know what the word was, even with key letters missing.

Anyway I won't do it again, not even with asterisks  Smiley

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #42 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Yesterday I had a visit from the mossos d'esquara. They spent about 5 minutes chatting and asked for my telephone number and name. They took the coordinates of my house. This will all go on a computer so if there is any cause for needing hem ie robbery theft etc, then I just ring 112 and they know exactly where to respond too just from my telephone number. They also said that as I live in a remote area, that they will be popping up about once a week.
He even smiled and waved for my security cameras so as my partner in uk wouldn't be worried if she saw me chatting with them on her I phone.
They also called on my Catalan neighbours and took their details as well.
They were two very pleasant people and I feel that more of this is needed.
Police presence is always welcome as far as I am concerned. Smiley

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
cactus jack wrote on Feb 20th, 2013 at 6:41pm:
Yesterday I had a visit from the mossos d'esquara. They spent about 5 minutes chatting and asked for my telephone number and name. They took the coordinates of my house. This will all go on a computer so if there is any cause for needing hem ie robbery theft etc, then I just ring 112 and they know exactly where to respond too just from my telephone number. They also said that as I live in a remote area, that they will be popping up about once a week.
He even smiled and waved for my security cameras so as my partner in uk wouldn't be worried if she saw me chatting with them on her I phone.

He was actually checking on your herb garden.

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
cactus jack wrote on Feb 20th, 2013 at 6:41pm:

He was actually checking on your herb garden.

World English Dictionary
herb  (hɜːb, US  ɜːrb)

— n
1.      a seed-bearing plant whose aerial parts do not persist above ground at the end of the growing season; herbaceous plant
2.      a. any of various usually aromatic plants, such as parsley, rue, and rosemary, that are used in cookery and medicine
     b. ( as modifier ): a herb garden

I missed the last bit out. It had something to do with something dodgy!!!

Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top