Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
 25 Be wary of this conman. (Read 22379 times)
sutgesdad

Forum newbie

Be wary of this conman.
Sep 12th, 2014 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
Hi. A while ago someone left a note on the chain to my finca and offered a multitude of different services fro construction to tree pruning and electrical installations. My roof needed replacing so i rang him for a quote and references before i would let him do anything. When I met him he claimed he'd had a building company in the Ukraine and showed me lots of pics and videos of work he claimed to have done. It all looked fairly good and I got him to give me a quote. The quote was acceptable for the work he'd do so i said yes.
He ripped me off!! He couldn't even mix cement, didn't do what i'd expected, and left the roof unfinished. In addition he returned construction materials, paid for by me, to where they were bought and pocketed the money. Be wary of him because he's very convincing and I know he's desperate for money again. For more info you can pm me or txt to 653516183.
He's covering quite a wide area but is centred around Gandesa/ Batea so just be careful before you employ anyone of Baltic origin. Get good references from customers who have nothing to gain. Cry

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Re: Be wary of this conman.
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2014 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Sorry to hear about your troubles but I think that you will find that the Ukraine is on the Black Sea.  Not sure that anyone on here who might be from the Baltic States would be happy with you defaming their characters.  Anyway, a wise after the event tale and thanks for the warning for us all to be on our guard

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2014 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Ah I see Tony, showing off again!!! Just because you obtained that Geography "O" Level.   Grin

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2014 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Balkans!  Cool

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 13th, 2014 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
If in doubt, ask here.  So many members have good and bad experiences from casual labour that it should not be difficult to ask for a recommendation or cv from others.  We have had 18 months work from a band of south Americans we would trust and recommend .... far better than local or UK builders.  Contact me if you want to know more.

IP Logged

sutgesdad

Forum newbie

Reply #5 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Me again. Does it matter whether or not the Ukraine is in the Balkans or not? i only wanted to point out that there is a guy who really wants to rip you off, and is quite convincing too. In fact, after posting my original warning, someone pointed out that the guy in question is advertising his 'services' here on the forum. His post is dated Sept 11th, posted at 1.06pm and can be seen in this section (Other useful stuff).
I will not name him on the forum but, as stated previously, if you require more info you can text or ring me. Be careful. Wink

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #6 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Based in Gandesa?

IP Logged

sutgesdad

Forum newbie

Reply #7 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Umm, he's not exactly based in Gandesa but he is midway between Gandesa & Batea. He'll offer to travel any distance though and offer to use his multitude of professional tools, most of which didn't manifest at my place, or became defective so he had to use mine.
Sorry but no more replies from me today, no 'net at home and i'm orf away from pc now.
Adios.

IP Logged

maxwell
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
sutgesdad wrote on Sep 12th, 2014 at 4:35pm:
Hi. A while ago someone left a note on the chain to my finca and offered a multitude of different services fro construction to tree pruning and electrical installations. My roof needed replacing so i rang him for a quote and references before i would let him do anything. When I met him he claimed he'd had a building company in the Ukraine and showed me lots of pics and videos of work he claimed to have done. It all looked fairly good and I got him to give me a quote. The quote was acceptable for the work he'd do so i said yes.
He ripped me off!! He couldn't even mix cement, didn't do what i'd expected, and left the roof unfinished. In addition he returned construction materials, paid for by me, to where they were bought and pocketed the money. Be wary of him because he's very convincing and I know he's desperate for money again. For more info you can pm me or txt to 653516183.
He's covering quite a wide area but is centred around Gandesa/ Batea so just be careful before you employ anyone of Baltic origin. Get good references from customers who have nothing to gain. Cry

"sutgesdad" has slandered me without a single acknowledgement and I must answer!
In Ukraine for more than 14 years working in the field of construction and engineering services, have higher technical education. Started work as an ordinary assembler utilities , was the Manager of a large house in a wealthy people, currently I own a construction company in Ukraine.
Yes I know "sutgesdad" he introduced himself to me as Paul. He called me and said that he has a problem with the roof and we agreed to meet. When we talked to him on the Finca for replacement of the roof he explained to me what he wants, and based on this I have calculated a replacement roof. 3-4 days he thought and then made part of the money for the purchase of materials. Total replacement of the roof was 50% cheaper than offered him the English builders, 25% cheaper than the Spanish builders and cheaper than the Romanian builders, were used more expensive materials and of course he agreed. After I imported the first batch of material and had to start, Paul told me that you must first destroy the old walls on the terrace and then to build new, and then start the installation of a new roof. I told him - of these works is not in my calculations, but he said it should be done.
Only for destruction took about a week for 10-12 hours a day the walls were very strong (it is unclear why they had to break?). Then new walls were built and welded metal structure which is bolted sheets of OSB-3 is durable composite material made of wood from which are built the house and the roof on American technology. I chose this material for the roof, because the house was built without reinforcement belt and use traditional flat bricks for the roof was dangerous because they are very heavy and would be a big load on walls and foundations. On top of the OSB-3 applied waterproofing and put natural tiles. And all this was completed by one person without assistance!
Demolition of the old walls as well as additional materials that are needed in the process have not been paid!!! Besides Paul wanted him I did free facade forcing me threats. I of course from these works refused.
Regarding the remaining materials - yes indeed some of the materials I bought more than was necessary, but in the calculations was a fixed amount for the roof and the remains I was obliged to take, according to Spanish laws - about me and the floor said the lawyer, who works in the television station of Gandesa. So about the theft can't even be considered! And if it were not so, Paul would have immediately gone to the police and reported the theft, but it has now been 2 months and now he writes about me such shit!? The roof is finished what is photo. I also have written by hand Floor paper work is finished and all he wants to do will make other people. Therefore, all the accusations against me are absolutely groundless!
Maybe you were mad at me for what I am not interested in you when you showed me your panties slid the pants with the flag of Wales - sorry but I'm not gay!!!

Now photo which you can see how work was done, and it can be seen that the roof is finished!
And who after this of us conman?!!!!

IP Logged

maxwell
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 5:18pm
Print Post  

As the preparation of cement and lay the blocks

R_R_R_R_R_R__R_R_R__.jpg ( 187 KB | 217 Downloads )
R_R_R_R_R_R__R_R_R__.jpg

IP Logged

maxwell
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 5:21pm
Print Post  

Metal fabrication

IP Logged

maxwell
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
The steel bolted sheets of OSB-3 and covered with waterproofing, top natural tiles laid

IP Logged

maxwell
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Drain channel with wound-in waterproofing for protection from the wind. To keep the wind was blowing the rain onto the wall.

IP Logged

maxwell
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Unfortunately I cannot upload more photos. Anyone interested can send email!

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #14 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 11:09am
Print Post  
After looking at the pleadings from both the plaintiff and the defendant I would find judgement is in the defendants favour on the written and photographic evidence produced to the members of this forum so far. I will now rise for luncheon as I hear a new buffet is opening in Tortosa today.Court rise back at ..........?  Roll Eyes

Tortosa_construction.jpg ( 5 KB | 208 Downloads )
Tortosa_construction.jpg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top