Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
 25 Be wary of this conman. (Read 22376 times)
sutgesdad

Forum newbie

Re: Be wary of this conman.
Reply #30 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
When you bunch of divs have finished attempting to hijack my post, maybe you'd like to check out the entire range of pics I took of this Ukranian ´builders´work. Then gob off if you still want to, but elsewhere please!! It is, and will continue to be, my personal opinion that this dude cannot do what he says and will end up just taking ones money and leaving a mess. The link to the file of pics is here:
https://app.box.com/s/qtfaac2ggdpjbax8clsz

This is a rar file so you may wish to scan first and there´s no password needed. Angry

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
You may call me a div if you like but im not daft enough to pay a cowboy builder

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #32 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Some people are and can be 'taken in', anywhere in the World.
There are people who tell a good story and convince the customers, that they offer a good service, in whatever type of business they choose.
Happening every day of the week!

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #33 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
zzzzzzzzzzzz

Tortosa_DIV.jpg ( 17 KB | 194 Downloads )
Tortosa_DIV.jpg

IP Logged

sutgesdad

Forum newbie

Reply #34 - Oct 3rd, 2014 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
robo, I also am not daft enough to pay a cowboy builder. However, if a ´builder´shows lots of pictures and videos of his work, and doesn´t wear a stetson or ride a horse....How does one identify if he is a cowboy?
Anyone, and I mean anyone, can be conned by a conman and, as stated, i'm not sure if the ´builder´is a conman but it´s my opinion that he can´t build properly.
If you feel I refer to you personally as a div, then maybe you should stop participating in the childish hijacking of serious threads. People can benefit from being warned in advance.

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Oct 3rd, 2014 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
I think you have made your point long before your thread started to get highjacked as you call it and before you started getting personal with your name calling

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Oct 3rd, 2014 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
"People can benefit from being warned in advance."
If that is your motivation thank you very much. However your recent contributions are taking away from the weight of your warning as people wonder who maybe in the wrong. I mean if total strangers on this forum are being called names and disrespected for very little, what did your builder have to put up with,? maybe he is not such a bad guy after all.

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #37 - Oct 3rd, 2014 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
sutgesdad wrote on Oct 1st, 2014 at 4:48pm:
When you bunch of divs have finished attempting to hijack my post, maybe you'd like to check out the entire range of pics I took of this Ukranian ´builders´work. Then gob off if you still want to, but elsewhere please!! It is, and will continue to be, my personal opinion that this dude cannot do what he says and will end up just taking ones money and leaving a mess. The link to the file of pics is here:
https://app.box.com/s/qtfaac2ggdpjbax8clsz

This is a rar file so you may wish to scan first and there´s no password needed. Angry

Congratulations sutgesdad, it gives me great pleasure to inform you that after an in depth study of this thread by the gentle folks Gobby Divs committee it was concluded that you have all the qualities needed to be honoured with the title president Div, it was also felt with the problems you have had with so called cowboys at no cost to yourself we will present you with the very informative book HOW THE WEST WAS BUILT. by the famous A.Cowboy.
Just a little advice if you would indulge an old div the following may help.
1. If the builder arrives with more mastic than building blocks, be wary,
2. If he asks you how to build it, be wary.
3. If you still employ him and then see his photography is far superior to his building works, be wary,
Remember that if you feel the need to rebuke fellow forum members do it with a smile upon your face, as a frown takes more effort and is not welcomed. A kind word of correction is more acceptable than an insult, then to let a cowboy walk away with so much of your money and sense of humour is as they say in the Balkans piss pot stupid.
Yours, the retiring Gobby Div President Bulldog. All the best for your coming year.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Oct 4th, 2014 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Having read this thread through from beginning to end I am very sympathetic with sutgesdad's view of this forum, one of whose purposes has always been to offer help and advice to people who are new to the area.  The stupid 'banter' going on on this thread really isn't going to encourage anyone to take this forum in the slightest bit seriously.

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Oct 4th, 2014 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
On the other hand it might stop threads from being pushed to far then insulting people

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Oct 4th, 2014 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
I feel sutgesdad has made the point regarding the builder (for which thankyou for airing your views).Perhaps the Banter may have gone a little bit too far in this particular thread,but Banter is also good for this Forum.Lets not stop laughing.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Oct 4th, 2014 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
I have no problem with banter. But there is a time and place.

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Oct 4th, 2014 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Come on now Pondgirl lighten up, even sutgesdad has time for a bit of banter "doesn´t wear a stetson or ride a horse." and he is the wronged one.

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Oct 5th, 2014 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Having read this thread through from beginning to end I am very sympathetic with sutgesdad's view of this forum, one of whose purposes has always been to offer help and advice to people who are new to the area.  The stupid 'banter' going on on this thread really isn't going to encourage anyone to take this forum in the slightest bit seriously.

oh my! pondgirl,i do agree with what you are saying   Smiley now that must be a one off. Grin things on here do get past a joke some times .

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #44 - Oct 5th, 2014 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:

oh my! pondgirl,i do agree with what you are saying   Smiley now that must be a one off. Grin things on here do get past a joke some times .

WELL SAID NEN,
I must agree with you.

YOU DO NOT OFTEN AGREE WITH PONDGIRL.
I still luv you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yours an everloving Bulldog.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top