Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
 25 Parking at Reus (Read 21626 times)
roswell
Ex Member

Re: Parking at Reus
Reply #15 - Nov 27th, 2007 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
They are doing it, I went up on the 26th and got my car away, they seem to be doing this on the first part as you arrive in the departures/parking.....

IP Logged

DebbieM
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Dec 4th, 2007 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Ok. I m worrying now.
Gonna be parking at Reus in December.
Will there be less parking, due to the alterations?
It was difficult to park before. All those UK number plates, parked for months on end.
Perhaps Reus should start parking fees!

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #17 - Dec 4th, 2007 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
You shouldn't go there DebbieM, ie: talking about parking fees.

Question:  Who do you think is going to pay for all these alterations at the car parking area at the Airport??  Michael O'Leary??
How else do you think the money will be repaid??
Do you know of any other Airport that does not charge for parking??
Come on Rotnob,think of one, but don't show me a picture of outer Mongolia!!

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Dec 5th, 2007 at 10:30am
Print Post  
To be fair they did stick 2 A4 notices on the car about the Grua coming.

While hiring a [very nice cheap E85/wk] car from Sol-Mar in Reus airport the nice German guy there told me about the Reus Car Service he is starting, secure parking nearby, shuttle to the terminals.

Joerg Nieder 0034 617 638 944

IP Logged

DebbieM
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Dec 6th, 2007 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You shouldn't go there DebbieM, ie: talking about parking fees.

Question:  Who do you think is going to pay for all these alterations at the car parking area at the Airport??  Michael O'Leary??
How else do you think the money will be repaid??
Do you know of any other Airport that does not charge for parking??
Come on Rotnob,think of one, but don't show me a picture of outer Mongolia!!

Its because of the UK car owners, who are taking the p*** for months on end.
No one else can park legitimately, when they want to visit the UK ,for a few days!

IP Logged

William of Orange
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Dec 6th, 2007 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
I second Debbie, it doesn't take long b4 a good thing gets used and abused. Now that Reus is becoming more main stream as a commercial airport, it isn't going to take long before the General Manager wakes up with a bright idea one morning and hey presto parking charges. Good time to consider a valet service ! Shocked

IP Logged

DebbieM
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Dec 7th, 2007 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Hey,William.
Nice idea! Wink Car valeting,at Reus airport!
Remember though, no advertising.
I ve just had a great idea! Car boot sales at Reus Airport.
You can advertise that  Grin
Ooops, soz  Nigel. My sarcasm s getting the better of me Wink

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Dec 7th, 2007 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Time for me to chip in I think.
I like many others pay to advertise my business on this site, so why the hell you think you should be able to do it for free is beyond me !!

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #23 - Dec 7th, 2007 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
I don't care who pays, if you can find my Jeep at the Airport, you can valet it!!

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Dec 8th, 2007 at 2:42am
Print Post  
OK,OK,..............everybodys had their jokes...............LETS BE SERIOUS PLEASE.

Many people park at Reus airport for a very long time, and i must admit, when i see some of the very old English registered cars, i sometimes wonder how they ever arrived here in one piece, but that is not my business.

I am actually going back to the UK for the first time in 2 years, and i plan to park my "legally changed English registered car" at Reus airport for 10 days over Christmas, now i am getting nervous, i am even thinking of leaving my car in the nearby retail park at "Leroy Merlins" and calling a cab.........................it's not too far away, any advise is appreciated.

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #25 - Dec 8th, 2007 at 8:25am
Print Post  
Jools, think again, how many of those cars that are parked at the Airport  for a period of time would still be there if they were parked at the supermarket for a  similar length of time??? It's your choice but I know where I would take the risk.

IP Logged

DebbieM
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Dec 8th, 2007 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Quote:
Time for me to chip in I think.
I like many others pay to advertise my business on this site, so why the hell you think you should be able to do it for free is beyond me !!

Why so angry, Tony?
I would of thought, then. If your paying to advertise your business, you d actually understand my point!
I m not expecting to advertise for free,here. I was just trying to make the point ,as to where/who, gets to draw the line!
I m merely stating that in my opinion. A regularly advertised Carboot ,is a profit making venture, for the host!
I think its an excellent idea!

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Dec 8th, 2007 at 10:15am
Print Post  
I am not angry now, but I was when I saw your original advert under Items for Sale as your static caravan was clearly not for sale but for hire.  Secondly there are headings at the top of this Forum indicating that places to stay at and other businesses should advertised under them.

To get back to car-parking at Reus when we flew back to the UK on Monday I went and checked at the information desk and was told that my car could be left in the park but would risk being moved.  I therefore left it in one of the fields available for parking around the edge of the airport and it was still happily sitting there when I returned on Thursday.  I shall do exactly the same at Christmas.

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Dec 8th, 2007 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
OK,OK,..............everybodys had their jokes...............LETS BE SERIOUS PLEASE.

Many people park at Reus airport for a very long time, and i must admit, when i see some of the very old English registered cars, i sometimes wonder how they ever arrived here in one piece, but that is not my business.

I am actually going back to the UK for the first time in 2 years, and i plan to park my "legally changed English registered car" at Reus airport for 10 days over Christmas, now i am getting nervous, i am even thinking of leaving my car in the nearby retail park at "Leroy Merlins" and calling a cab.........................it's not too far away, any advise is appreciated.

No need, there are several more car parks at Reus Airport just lying around literally begging for more English reg cars. Obviously, when some of the fellow parked Casa Scumbag MOT failures see your posh  "legally changed English registered car" hanging out with them it may get sent to the muddy end of the field, but there you go.

Wink

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Dec 8th, 2007 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
I'm not at all sure what it is that people are getting so exercised about.  As far as I can make out cars that are moved are simply moved.  No-one is being charged for the procedure and I haven't heard that any cars have been damaged.  Have I missed something?

Re the free parking.  I was told that when Ryanair started using Reus one of the provisos was that there should be free parking for a few years (not sure how many) so maybe thaat is coming to an end?

We will be parking there for 3 weeks over Christmas, so we shall see!

PG

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top