Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
 25 Parking at Reus (Read 21623 times)
William of Orange
Ex Member

Re: Parking at Reus
Reply #30 - Dec 8th, 2007 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Dropped the better half off at RA this morning, lots of Nice New Covered Car Parking Lots, got parked easily in a designated roof covered parking plot. No fees, was only there an hour but as it was a newly finished parking lot with no signs about period of stays or fees for the moment I wouldnt worry. There were a few cars in the pound just as you enter the airport but all neatly parked and in order. Smiley

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Dec 9th, 2007 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Hi Roswell

Maybe my posting was confusing.
My car isn't "posh" at all, in fact it is 6 years old...............but, it is 100% legal here in Spain.

On Spanish plates, with full ITV (MOT) and fully comprehensive insurance.

I doubt very much if the majority of "old bangers" at Reus airport have seen an MOT station for many years, therefore meaning they dont have insurance either.

Be careful out there, the Mossos are getting more and more vigilant by the week.

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #32 - Dec 9th, 2007 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Jools,
       don't judge the book by it's cover. There may be some vehicles at the Airport that come under your category as " old bangers" but most of them that I have seen parked seem to be in good/fair condition other than the dust on them.
Also is it worth the risk to return and find the car moved or impounded and before you can get it back the authorities want to see documents for proof of ownership then maybe tax,mot and insurance and you cannot produce.I would like to think the majority can produce if necessary, and if not, it's a long walk home!!

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Dec 9th, 2007 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hi Roswell

Maybe my posting was confusing.
My car isn't "posh" at all, in fact it is 6 years old...............but, it is 100% legal here in Spain.

On Spanish plates, with full ITV (MOT) and fully comprehensive insurance.

I doubt very much if the majority of "old bangers" at Reus airport have seen an MOT station for many years, therefore meaning they dont have insurance either.

Be careful out there, the Mossos are getting more and more vigilant by the week.

Hi Jools,

No worries at all, it was just a spot of [attempted...] cheeky banter, but thanks for the tip re the Mossos.

All the Police forces seem far more clued up about Los Ingleses around the coastal areas where they meet them more, and get wise to some of the likely entertainments. Mossos traffic cars seem to have some very sophisticated electronics in the back that can check out all sorts of interesting things, referencing UK DVLA records for MOT, Insurance and Tax may not be too far away....

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Dec 9th, 2007 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Hi Roswell,

We are in a re-enactment group from the Spanish Civil War. It is amazing how many people from all walks of life and nationalities are interested in the same thing.

One of the guys in our group is a Mossa d'Esquadra, based on the coast near l'Aldea. He speaks reasonable English, and he has told us that the "force" have been told to look out for very old UK cars. Obviously they didn't realise that a registration number plate can denote the age of the car, therefore alerting them to some of the very old cars which are now on the streets of Catalunya (or Spain) in general. 

He said that the guys in their region now have a "competition" as to how many of these cars they can stop and prove that they dont have suffient documentation.

This isn't meant to scare or to reprimand anyone, only as a warning that they are on to it!!!
In all honesty, would any of us drive illegally in the UK and hope to get away with it???

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Dec 9th, 2007 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Of course we wouldn't jools!  We see the Mossos at least once a week stopping cars at the roundabouts at either end of the Millennium bridge.  I much prefer to see these guys checking cars for roadworthiness than just sitting with speed cameras.  Incidentally, there was a report in this week's 'L'ebre' newspaper that said that 4 out of 5 motorists that were stopped in the last 10 months and drug tested had positive results  Huh  no wonder there are so many fatalaties over here.

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Dec 9th, 2007 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Yes Pondgirl, you are right about the drug testing.
Most of the ex-pats who come here, especially with young children think that it is a few years behind the UK in these problems, but unfortunately not so.

You realise quite quickly that drugs are probably more available here than in the UK.

Maybe it is because the communities are smaller and more concentrated, but i honestly wouldn't know who and where to ask in Cheshire, if i needed a "smoke" or "tabs" or even "charlie", but everybody here seems to know of a supplier for everything.

Can be worrying if you have teenagers or young children, and even more so, especially if your kids can speak Catalan or Spanish, and you are a little "behind the door with the lingo"

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #37 - Dec 10th, 2007 at 9:21am
Print Post  
Ladies, are we not swaying off the subject?????

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Dec 11th, 2007 at 12:06am
Print Post  
Sorry dad  Smiley

Anyway, I was encouraged by William's post a couple of days ago.  I hope he's coping without his better half.

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #39 - Dec 11th, 2007 at 9:26am
Print Post  
I see................You must be one of the children I thought I never had!! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Dec 11th, 2007 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Quote:
Ladies, are we not swaying off the subject?????

Maybe, but the issue of Mossos selling unroadworthy drugs at roundabouts near Reus airport when they should be towing away "Coches de los scumbag Ingleses" is something that merits all of our attention. Blessed are we that this matter has not come up on Rotknob's radar......yet....  Wink

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #41 - Dec 11th, 2007 at 11:05am
Print Post  
He's probably still looking for his car at tha Airport!!

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Dec 11th, 2007 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:
He's probably still looking for his car at tha Airport!!

Now that is just plain cruel !

Damn funny though ....  serves him right for doing all those drugs he bought of the Mossos before looking for his no doubt ultra scabby car
   Wink

IP Logged

Pondboy
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Dec 11th, 2007 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Maybe, but the issue of Mossos selling unroadworthy drugs at roundabouts near Reus airport

If that is the Mossos I'm seeing at the Reus airport roundabout they seem to be out of uniform.  Wink
PB

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #44 - Dec 11th, 2007 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
If you cast your mind back it was Rotnob who mentioned seeing the two "birds" on the game at that roundabout, maybe Roswell saw their minders?
He's got a lot to answer for when he gets back on the forum.............!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top