Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
 25 Parking at Reus (Read 21625 times)
Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Re: Parking at Reus
Reply #45 - Dec 11th, 2007 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Sorry to dissapoint you lads,I'm looking at 2 Terranos and a Tranny van all tucked up nicely on the farm.
I'll miss my 'friends' working the 2 - 10 shift at the roundabout.........Still,there is always a detour to Leroys.

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Dec 11th, 2007 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Sorry to dissapoint you lads,I'm looking at 2 Terranos and a Tranny van all tucked up nicely on the farm.
I'll miss my 'friends' working the 2 - 10 shift at the roundabout.........Still,there is always a detour to Leroys.

Mmmmmm, I have not seen those "young ladies" for a while now, .....are you really sure you don't have 2 Trannies in a Terrano "all tucked up nicely on the farm."?

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Dec 11th, 2007 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
very good......

cid_000c01c76b18133b02906501a8c0KITCHEN01.gif (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #48 - Feb 9th, 2008 at 10:22am
Print Post  
The follow up to all this was  to those who are interested, I parked at Reus Airport for two months and returned from UK to find the Jeep was still where I parked it. I left it with a solar trickle charger on the battery and the jump leads I brought with me were not needed, it started first pull! There is a rumour that we will be paying to park when the carpark is completed which I tend to think will happen, someone will have to pay for all that work.
After spending three weeks in Tortosa I thought I would try a different way back to UK.So left the car at my shack and took the 9.18am train from Tortosa(there is a 10.45) to Barcelona Sants and a connection into the Airport, arrived at airport 11.55am, all for 11euros.Well worth thinking about if you are not an early riser! As I don't live too far from Gatwick it was not too bad a trip and I am more willing to pay Easyjet,BA or whoever a bit more than subscribe to Mr O'Learys cattletrucks if I can avoid it, he will charge us by our bodyweight shortly, and unfortunately, I'm not thin!!

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Feb 10th, 2008 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
CoolHi, we are comeing back out on the 23 feb, hope my banger is stil there. They had it moved a few months ago 'cos  it was in the sunshine, poor thing, and put it under one of their nice new sun shades !
We will let you know the news on parking then.  Providing we can find the car!! and make it back to Tortosa.

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Reply #50 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Is there any update on the parking at the airport. none of us want fines or our vehicles moved or damaged. Can you park anywhere near without worrying?

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #51 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
At the moment you can park in the provisional car park and probably will be safe to leave it there, but everywhere else is being laid out and marked, and I suspect that we will have vehicles towed away, if in the way,and left elsewhere if they extend their work. At the end of all this we will pay to park I'm sure, those sunshades will not come for nothing!!

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Quote:
At the moment you can park in the provisional car park and probably will be safe to leave it there, but everywhere else is being laid out and marked, and I suspect that we will have vehicles towed away, if in the way,and left elsewhere if they extend their work. At the end of all this we will pay to park I'm sure, those sunshades will not come for nothing!!

Cars that got towed look like they ended up in the first bit of car parking you see, gate unlocked, no sign or mention at all of any fines.

I heard, possibly on here, that Ryan Air's deal with Reus Airport included free parking, although it is hard to believe those scumbags would do anything for anyone.

The latest scam is charging you E4 if you dare to try and check in at the Airport, each way, to do it for "free" you have to check in online and print out the page....

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #53 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Roswell,  the bigger scam with Ryanair now is that sports equipment has gone up from £35-00 for a return trip to £60-00!! and he's upped the cases charge again. Mr O'Leary is telling me not to travel with him and, guess what? he has succeeded,I'm now flying into Barcelona and happy to do so. He can place his tickets where the sun does not shine. At the end of all this if enough people on all his routes only use Ryanair when they have no alternative and vote with their feet when there is a choice, he "may" have a change of attitude towards his punters and some of his weird and wonderful ideas on charges.

IP Logged

Debbie
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Old Nelson, I agree with you totally Ryanair seems to be getting so bad.  We are going to start to use Easyjet and fly Gatwick to Barcelona as Gatwick is just 20 minutes away and at least we get a choice of four flights a day not the 6am one from Stansted with Ryanair which means leaving Kent at about 2.30am or the evening one which means that we arrive in Tortosa about 11.30pm and have to rely on A VERY GOOD FRIEND (you know who you are Wink) to fill the fridge until the next day.  I am still hoping that the airport is built near Castelleon and that Easyjet get to fly there.
We are coming over in March and I need to bring some items over for the house and when I worked out how much it would be with Ryanair and the added charges it wasn't much less that Easyjet and then when I added the airport parking charge at Stansted (our son can take us and pick us up at Gatwick) it was cheaper to use Easyjet and the flight times are so much better but I will miss the smiling faces of Ryanair's cabin staff !! Grin

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #55 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
We parked at Reus for 3 weeks over Christmas and the car was exactly as we left it.  We've also done a collection and drop off this month without any hitches so I think you just have to be careful choosing where to park.

We travel to Luton with Ryanair, as have family and friends that have visited and we haven't had any problems with them at all.  We've just booked 2 return tickets for son & girlfriend for the end of April and the total cost of the tickets including airport check-in and baggage was £83.40.  If we had booked same dates, similar times Easyjet Gatwick to Barcelona it would have cost £213.94 and we would have the added time and expense of driving twice the distance and parking at Barcelona. So I certainly don't have any complaints re costs.  I guess it's horses for courses?

We have also booked ourselves a couple of return tickets to Sevilla (new route) in October and they cost just under €60, which I'd say is a bargain.

You may be interested to read about the latest on Castellon airport here: http://www.spanish-airport-guide.com/castellon-airport.html  It says that "if all goes according to plan, the first plane will take off from the runway in 2010."   Grin

IP Logged

Debbie
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Pondgirl as you say its horses for courses and I too have flown from Luton to Reus, the flight times are really good and Luton airport is lovely, for us its just suffering the M25 clockwise it a complete pain. 
Thank you for the info re Castelleon airport, it would be good if they ever get it completed the more competition hopefully means better air services especially for those running B & B's and holiday lets.

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #57 - Mar 4th, 2008 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
I never fly on Reus but here is a tip for everyone who is parking in Reus:

1) Park your car at the carretera de salau

2) Go to the airport by bus (carretera the salau is next to the busstation and 2 km from the airport)

3) Watch your car by webcam: http://www.lamussara.net/camaraasp1.asp ; Cheesy

IP Logged

Jislaaik
Ex Member

Reply #58 - Mar 5th, 2008 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Went through Reus this past weekend and noticed about 20 vehicles had been added to the 'farm' at the entrance roundabout of the airport. The gate is open, so I guess you can just go in and take your car. (Maybe I'll take a pic when I go through in two weeks?).

Obviously they are preparing a new patch of parking so had to move all the pommy bangers.

I must say, I lived in Girona while that airport underwent its development and it looks to me like Reus is going to be just as big as Girona. So we can expect quite a few flights a day and many more visitors...

...that's good no?

Remember, right from the get go, we had to pay 6 euros a day to park in a dusty plot at Girona. So let's be grateful here.

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Reply #59 - May 1st, 2008 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Parked at reus airport at end of april for one week under cover in the bays with no problems. Someone left a card under the wipers but it was only a business card for car re-registering. Checked the website out and loads of info about changing from  U K plates---carimportinspain.com-----if your interested. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top