Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
 25 Heavy handed authorities (Read 40923 times)
Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Re: Heavy handed authorities
Reply #15 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
I'm no expert but I'd have thought that if it's on your escetura, re-roofing is just a repair.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #16 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
You will need permission I'm afraid.

A friend of mines casitas roof was at the point of caving in so she had it removed and started putting on a new roof.  The rurals came around and stopped her.  She had to get an architect to draw up plans and apply for permission.

Nigel

IP Logged

David
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Hello, I live near Vinaros, in the campo. I want to build an almacen to store all my tools, trailer and equipment I use to maintain my land. I have > 100 olives on about 16000 sq metres.
I applied to the town hall in Vinaros assuming I just needed minor works authority. I paid the tax on the estimate. It was to be a small almecen, only 20 sq metres, self build with cost of materials about €1000.
I eventually recieved a letter from the town hall rejecting my application for 3 reasons.
1.  Because I am extending the built area on the land, I must have an Architect do draw up the plans so that I dont exceed 2% built area.
2. I must get permission from the ministry of agriculture, fisheries and food
3. I must get permission from the water authority.
I went to see the architect who designed the house. He couldnt believe it. He said 'Hacerlo' do it without permission . He thought the demands were ridiculous. I asked him how much it would cost for him to organise everything. He said his minimum charge would br €2000. I didnt bother. I have the foundations built but I cant go any further yet. All my neighbours (Spanish) cant belive it either. They are all busy extending, building without any permission, so perhaps the architect was right ?

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #18 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Depending on which side of Vinaros you are, I presume you could be in Valencia in which case the rules are probably vastly different.  Remember the famous "Valencia Land Grab" ?
I make it that 2% is about 320 sqm so depending what else you have, you'd need a big house to exceed that with the addition of 20sqm ?
I must admit that I've heard many first hand accounts and seen actual examples of just getting on with it.  One guy I know was actually told that he wouldn't get permission but to just "Hacerlo" by the ajudement.  I guess we're so used to sticking to the rules, it's hard to take the gamble that nobody will ever turn up at your door and say "what's all this then ?".

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #19 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Thanks Guys for your reply to my Roofing question,Well once I get my act together ,I am going to just get on with it ,I bought the roofing sheets second hand, at a agricultural auction so they definatly will blend in ,it is not a villa, just a small Caseta well away from prying eyes ,and water ,electric ,and every thing else.
by the way what is the differance between a Caseta, and a Almacen ? it has caseta on my mountain of paperwork
Also by the way IBCs"Tanks" were selling at £16.00 at the same auction, how much are these again in Tortosa !!!!!!
Thanks again
Phil Smiley

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #20 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
My understanding is that a Caseta is a small house, traditionally not the main dwelling but used by a finca owner when working (bit like a shepherds hut or allotment shed) but would probably come under the same rules as a Casa (house),  An Almacen is a store.  Just my understanding.  I'm not an expert or a lawyer.

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Oct 18th, 2009 at 9:18am
Print Post  
philmountains wrote on Oct 17th, 2009 at 8:22pm:
just a small Caseta well away from prying eyes ,and water ,electric ,and every thing else.

You may think that you are well away from prying eyes but don't forget that they regularly send planes over all areas photographing properties to check on any changes !!

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #22 - Oct 18th, 2009 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Where does that info come from Tony ?

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #23 - Oct 18th, 2009 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Big Brothers watching us !!!! Wink

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Phil,
Interested in the auction where you got your materials, was it in the UK ?

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #25 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Hi Fatphil
Yes unfortunatly it was in  UK ,it is a Agricultural Auction held once a month at my local cattle market CCM Skipton,tried to paste a link, but failed sorry just google them, there are plenty of these Auction,s around the country ,it is very easy to get carried away though, I was looking for a Wacker plate, but ended up with a pair of Jerry cans for £7.00, a Tilly Lamp for £6.00 , 8 x Larch Lap second hand fence panels for £25.00 and 5 X roofing sheets for £28.00 and dont know which it was but had to pay VAT of £0.90p on one of the items, there were Tractors Quads, trailers ,tools ,books,sheep ,chickens, you name it,the next Auction is on the 21st November.
I wonder if there are any  Auction of this sort in or around Tortosa ?
All the best Phil

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
From my eyes.  I have seen the spotter planes in our valley with the flashing of cameras as they go across and also ween them elsewhere.

I know that I live in a Natural Park where everything is much tighter regarding construction and I know that it is just hearsay but I was told by a guest the other week that Tarragona have photos of every property within their area on computer and that it is regularly updated.  So I expect that if you were to go into BASE and ask to see details on your property that they would be able to pull them up (if they felt like it).

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #27 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Thanks Tony for the update ,my Parcel/caseta is that small ,that they would need a very powerful camera to tell any difference though "LOL"

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #28 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Go here:
http://sigpac.mapa.es/fega/visor/

Zoom in on where you live - you might be suprised how much you can see!

Nigel

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #29 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Tony
I would assume that the planes were flying at least 100 feet above ground level, so why on earth would there be a flash being used?
It would have no effect whatsoever.
If they were photographing every property, then they would surely be using digital video, with coordinates overlaid.
I personnally think that this spotter plane stuff is spread about by certain unscrupulous estate agents, in an effort to con as many brits as possible out of their money.
just my own opinion Smiley

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top