Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
 25 Heavy handed authorities (Read 40911 times)
bruixot
Ex Member

Re: Heavy handed authorities
Reply #45 - Mar 9th, 2010 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Hi
I can wholeheartedly recommend the same person as done so by Bigyin and William of Orange. No complaints whatsoever and you will indeed work hard!
Bruixot

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 12:51am
Print Post  
hi,does anybody know the latest situation regarding buildings in the countryside ie almacens etc especially in the ginestar area ,how many of you in that area are facing court over buildings built in the last few years in that area ,and is anybody doing anything to make sure they dont lose their life savings after investing it in a so called almacen/house! why have the so called estate agents been allowed to sell land in the campo ,especially protected land parcels (would really like to know the answer to that one) .what is it being protected from anyway?
How many of you were building their properties watched by the forestals then when you had invested all your money in finishing it only to then have a stop put on it ( why didnt they stop it sooner if it was illegal, they must have known the situation!) many questions i know but it seems that for a long time in catalunya( ebro valley area in particular)certain individuals have made a lot of money from the many people prepared to invest in the area ,now look at the area nobody will touch it with a bargepole ,is that progress i dont think so,how can a country prosper if they penalise investment ,what is the problem with people wanting a piece of land they can call their own with a bit of privacy,it is normal in every other country in europe.not everybody wants to live in a town or city.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #47 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Rules and regulations seem to vary for different areas.  Not sure about Ginestar.
Parc Natural is a real no go area, for anyone looking to build anything there.
I would suggest that anyone wishing to buy any land or building/s, in Catalunya, that they check things out first with an independent solicitor, and not one offered by estate agent, who is selling to you.
I know of a really good English speaking one, should you need his telephone number.   Could save you money in the long run.

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
People effected rarely want to advertise the fact because they are feeling so bad about things already but I cannot over emphasize this enough:

'be very, very, wary of anyone, Estate agent or otherwise saying  you can build on rural land ( can you purchase a pasture field in the UK and build a house on it- NO, YOU CAN'T! AND IT IS NO DIFFERENT HERE)
An almacen is like a barn, to put farm equipment in and if you are caught trying to kit one out to live in you could be in real trouble.
If you buy a house then make sure it is classed as a habitation and not an almacen, otherwise you are buying someone elses problem.

I say this from experience and what I have seen myself. Abandoned, half built houses, court cases, terrible worry, upset and anguish, money spent on endless court cases and friends who have had to leave their homes, with their life savings tied up in it, to rot whilst they return to the UK to try and salvage what they have.

Buy a legal home and enjoy it with peace of mind, it is worth the extra money! Or buy a house in a village where you will be given permission to renovate. There are many advantages to living in a village and you can always buy a piece of land to use as a hide away, grow things on, just as the locals do. The land prices should be cheaper for the Brits and other foreigners now there is no pretence that we can build a house on them!

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
it is easy to for people to blame themselves for what has happened in the ginestar area,for falling for the spiel of the estate agents and buying a liittle piece of paradise or whatever you want to call it,
but ultimately it is the estate agents and the mayor who are responsible for the mess that has happened there ,the mayor who must have been appointed by the self same people who now are trying to prosecute the innocent individuals that were duped into buying there.
instead of people now burying their heads in the sand and hoping it will all go away ,a show of solidarity is now needed to get recompense for all the nonsense that has been going on for the past few years in this area,
why should people pack up and just forget about it and go home with their tails between their legs ,it is not their fault! the people responsible are probably still going about their business with not a care in the world im sure.
what i find very strange about the whole situation is why it was left to go on for so long in the first place (probably money ) just a guess,

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #50 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Quote:
it is easy to for people to blame themselves for what has happened in the ginestar area,for falling for the spiel of the estate agents and buying a liittle piece of paradise or whatever you want to call it,
but ultimately it is the estate agents and the mayor who are responsible for the mess that has happened there ,the mayor who must have been appointed by the self same people who now are trying to prosecute the innocent individuals that were duped into buying there.
instead of people now burying their heads in the sand and hoping it will all go away ,a show of solidarity is now needed to get recompense for all the nonsense that has been going on for the past few years in this area,
why should people pack up and just forget about it and go home with their tails between their legs ,it is not their fault! the people responsible are probably still going about their business with not a care in the world im sure.
what i find very strange about the whole situation is why it was left to go on for so long in the first place (probably money ) just a guess,

what you say is very true ,we have 3 propertys and 1 piece of land by the river we paid 65000 e in total and cant build on it  Crypieces of land are being sold at building plot prices  Roll Eyesnot prices just to farm as farm land if it was our river plot would only have cost us about 5000 we wonted to sell it but were told no one will buy without a building on it (it as a small one but its only a pump house )not a very cheep way to fish i say.i think we should all speak out and let the spanish goverment  no what we think that everythink sold up to a date SOON (this year would be good)for the date then people could get on and do what the land was sold for BUILDING ON .

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
in reply to vikings comment in a previous post on building on rural land in spain and comparing it to the uk,
in the uk yes it is very difficult to build on pasture land ,but look at the type of land people have been building on in the campo it is hardly top class growing land ,also from what i have seen most of it has been abandoned for years with run down or derelict buildings ,overgrown unkept olive trees ,the farmers that have sold them have probably thought theyve won the lottery with the prices they were getting,their neighbours that didnt sell im sure now are cursing that they didnt sell when they had the chance,they are also victims of this nonsense that is going on ,they need to stand up and be heard also.
the fincas that i have seen that have been taken over were thriving and full of life,is that not better  with money going in to the local economy,what do the authorities think they are going to achieve with the way they are pushing this situation, why dont they realise that people mean money spent in their economy ,which from where i am looking doesnt look to be too great,they cant live on eu money for ever,
a reasonable rural community charge would be the sensible way to resolve this crazy sitiuation with sensible sized,nice looking buildings that fit in with their rural surroundings,we are in a new age now of renewable energys ,wind power ,solar power etc,so living in the sticks is now not a problem anymore,
why cant the powers that be see the amount of time and money they are wasting on this petty beurocracy, court cases etc the money and time would be better spent on resolving this issue,other parts of spain are starting to see sense, dont they remember the civil war and the help and support they received from the uk ,you just have to look around the ebro area to see the sacrifice many english and scots made to help that area ,enough said!

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Quite agree with Gyro.The local busineses and authorities will willingly take your/ our money when purchasing a property or piece of land and the local shops will smile as you walk in but being Spanish they dont appear to be able to see beyond the end of their noses.They dont need to invest in the future using either their own or our money,they simply hold out their hand,like they have so many times in the past and bingo...problem solved.Nice roads,lovely sports halls,clean streets etc etc but nothing for tomorrow.The sh1t will hit the fan soon and the EU will bail them out yet again.Maybe I`ll try running my business like the Spanish............

IP Logged

catalanboy
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Hi everyone,i am a new member i have just spent some time reading the posts and found them very interesting especially the land builds in catalunya, and i must say that viking gives very sound advice, and is not dissimilar to my own experiences in and around catalunya,i feel that many of you have answered your own questions the catalans and spanish alike do not want you to live in the campo but want all foreigners to live in urbanisations where they can extract the maximum amount of taxes from you and that you will spend monies in all the retail outlets near these developments etc.etc.               Having spent the last 33yrs trawling europe and a spell in the middle east it is always better to ''when in rome do as the romans do'' so for me its peublo en casa & a couple of hectares to grow veg. Wink

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

censorship, who's forum is it?
Reply #54 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Unless I am losing the plot I can only surmise that Nigel has deleted some of my entries!!! Could this possibly be that without naming names I have critisiced SOME of the local Estate Agents? Perhaps one of them has complained, maybe they advertise on this site?

Well I could be wrong but I don't think my memory or eyesight is that bad and IF this is the case it proves my point. That is, there are many in Catalunya that have a vested interest in, at best, turning a blind eye to dodgy, no, criminal, activities because they stand to lose out financially and socially if they take a stance.

Am I right that one of the entries that was deleted was followed by another forum member suggesting that I put information on a 'name and shame' sight? This has also gone.

I know Nigel does not allow naming and shaming on this sight but why, Nigel, are you trying to prevent people finding and using another perfectly legal site?

I have just heard that our friends house in Tarragona province is about to be pulled down after 5 years of fighting the case. Of course this is absolutely nothing to do with any local Estate Agents, IS IT? HOW DO THEY SLEEP AT NIGHT?

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #55 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
..nothing to do with me, haven't censored anything or deleted anything for ages... Tony usually tells me or leaves a note on the message that it was edited...

IP Logged

Jimbo
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Please can the Mods explain where my post has gone, with the link to the name and shame site?

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #57 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Nothing to do with me.  I have not moderated or deleted anything recently.  So over to AuthorAnnie.

Tony

IP Logged

jellybaby
Ex Member

Reply #58 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
hi Jimbo
I think you are referring to your post on my post -"A visit from the Agents Rurals" which is the next post down on this category ... nothing has been deleted as far as I can see
jellybaby

IP Logged

Jimbo
Ex Member

Reply #59 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 12:38am
Print Post  
Hi, Jellybaby,
You are correct, I think I must be suffering from Sad.
I've sure my post was on this thread.

Apologies  Mod's  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top