Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
 25 Heavy handed authorities (Read 40912 times)
Nobrot
Ex Member

Re: Heavy handed authorities
Reply #30 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
I would imagine that the 'flashes' were reflections on glass similar to those from car windscreens.It would be a lot easier,cheaper and much more defined using satelite imagary ie Google earth.
The photo  of our place is not very good resolution and clearly a good few years old.We have done a few 'minor modifications' since then which obviously are not on the photos and if they were,would be difficult to see using the system that had been used.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #31 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
The images on the Sigpac site are at least two years old.  Whilst doing a comparison, I realised that Institute Cartographic de Catalunya have updated their images recently but even they are 18 months or so old.  I have my doubts that the authorities use these images for catching illegal builds and if so, why are the catalans not concerned.  I know of a few illegal builds that have gone up round here recently.  However, it's interesting to note that individual olive trees are tagged so who knows.
Ever thought of painting the roof in a camoflage design ?  Grin

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 8:59am
Print Post  
I still think that they are spotter planes.  There is no other reason for a plane to come down the valley - we don't even get fly spraying planes.  All other planes fly over and across.

Also last year we heard voices at the end of our land where several of us have access to our properties and I went up to see what was happening.  There were 3 guys there (one of whom I recognised from the local ajuntemente.  Thye had cameras, tpae measures and surveying equipment with them.  When I asked the local guy what was going on he said that they were updating the property registers, so whatever you say locals and newcomers are having an eye kept on them, just as whould happen with the rating officers paying visits in the UK.  Only difference is that the Spanish don't let you know who they are and why they are here. 

My advice is don't do anything (and more) over here that you would not do without similar planning permission in the UK (remember the Essex MP who got in trouble for replacing her windows with a different completely inappropriate style).  Too many Brits come over here and just set about doing the things that they would complain about other people, such as travellers, doing in the Land of Grey.  Why they think they should be able to do so and then grumble and moan when they get rapped over the knuckles I just don't know.  Nuff said.

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Phil,have sent you PM.

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #34 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Hi Nigel That Map site is realy good ,1st time I have managed to find my Shack !!! I will keep on checking it out to see how the weeds, trees, are growing ! Grin

IP Logged

Chris
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 10:29am
Print Post  
I would think that the flashing lights are just the normal running/warning lights you see on every plane, the map showed my bit of land just the same as it was before all the work was started about 2 years ago, as all the trees i removed are still there.

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #36 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
My refuge/casita/manor house looks a little bit bigger than original Roll Eyes
i would guess the picture was taken within the last year probably autumn judging by the stage the building was at.
Tree count was spot on.

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #37 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
The ICC site http://www.icc.es/web/content/en/index.html has some more recent images.

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 10:05am
Print Post  
It's interesting to see on the icc.map that you can tell from the Legend the condition of your building,either derelict,semi-derelict or -----  ?

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #39 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 10:30am
Print Post  
WOW this thread has,must be one of the longest since !
Sorry about that ,yes a lot more of a close up of my no roof caseta on this site ,Boooo Cry Thanks Bigyin for the link ,and you can print off a pic with this site. Grin

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #40 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 10:38am
Print Post  
You're welcome Phil.  I find it an interesting and useful site.  It's a shame it's not at a slightly higher resolution and not updated more often (perhaps that's a good thing for dodgy buildings if they do check  Roll Eyes ).  I expect arial photo surveys are expensive exercises.  Using this site in combination with Google Earth and the Sigpac site enables you to glean all sorts of info i.e. the boundaries of your parcellas, areas and distances etc.

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Re: Brickie wanted
Reply #41 - Mar 7th, 2010 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Good site, great aeirial photo, our finca is as we left it, now all we have to do is put some windows and doors in. We are comeing out at the end of April for a week and hope to get some work done, anyone know of a reliable bricki, in the tortosa area. we will do the labouring,just so we can say we have done some of the building work, to put in 3 external windows, a couple of internal walls plus 3 door frames.He must have a trailor to cart the blocks and stuff.

Only 1 year to retirement, yippy Cheesy

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #42 - Mar 7th, 2010 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
I know a very hard working and reliable English builder who operates from Torstosa.  In fact he works so hard that if you're labouring for him, you'll have a job to keep up.  He's done work for me in the past and has just finished refurbishintg my bathroom.  I've checked with him and at the moment he's available in April but may not be for long.  If you want to use him, let me have some details and I'll fix it up if you like.

IP Logged

William of Orange
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Mar 8th, 2010 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
I concurr with Bigyin, he did my complete house 4 me , we,ve just enjoyed a very warm winter in our super insulated house. He is able to advise you on the best and economical way to achieve what you want. Ive recently referred him to Ebrorob, and he was happy , Bruixot also has had lots of work done with him, and Bigyin is right, if you labour for him be prepared to work. 

WoO

IP Logged

hizzy
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Mar 8th, 2010 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
We have recently used an excellant chap based in Bitem, good quality work, reliable and value for money. If you are still looking for someone then please PM me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top