Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Heavy handed authorities (Read 40908 times)
viking
Ex Member

Re: Heavy handed authorities
Reply #75 - Apr 30th, 2010 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
The problem is David that many people in Catalunya DID seek permission to build and were given permission, however the situation changed when central Government overruled these permissions, leading to the current state of chaos. I would therefore urge caution before we all assume that things are fine elsewhere in Spain. What is to stop the same thing happening there?

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #76 - May 1st, 2010 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Have they got rid of 'landgrab' in Valencia then ?

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #77 - May 1st, 2010 at 9:34am
Print Post  
The Valenciana land grab was the reason I didn't even consider Valenciana when looking for somewhere in Spain. Has it been resolved?  I'm sure there are large half finished 'non' urbanisations there now that the building boom seems to have died a death.

IP Logged

Jislaaik
Ex Member

Reply #78 - May 1st, 2010 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
We too would now be living happily in Valencia, were it not for the Landgrab rumours five years ago.
The last I heard is they were taken to the European Court and told to stop this activity of allowing abuse of that law.

I do wish the Catalans would stop pretending to be Spanish and thus benefitting from all the visitors coming here hoping to find "Spanish" hospitality...

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #79 - May 2nd, 2010 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Quote:
We too would now be living happily in Valencia, were it not for the Landgrab rumours five years ago.
The last I heard is they were taken to the European Court and told to stop this activity of allowing abuse of that law.

I do wish the Catalans would stop pretending to be Spanish and thus benefitting from all the visitors coming here hoping to find "Spanish" hospitality...

LOL, read a good piece about Guiris issues with Catalan Nationalism yesterday..... http://www.barcelonareporter.com/index.php/news/comments/guiris_and_the_national...

Plenty of information there, in case you missed it....

Bear in mind Tortosa is notorious as a hotbed of staunch Catalan Nationalism, Barcelona is far more "International" and free thinking in it's ways.....

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #80 - May 2nd, 2010 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
That is my experience too Roswell. Bear in mind that at least 25% of Barcelonians originate from elsewhere in Spain, many from Andalucia! Many Catalans do not consider themselves Spanish but Catalan. Even if they are not extremists they consider themselves Catalan first and Spanish second.
Our neighbour Fransisco, Franca for short ( never Franco ) is in his 70's, he has hardly been outside his home town since he was born, he lost most of his family during the civil war ( they were republicans) He speaks Catalan and his spoken  Spanish is probably no better than mine, although he can obviously understand it because he sometimes listens to Spanish T.V. H e is always telling me how rich Britain is and I don't think he believed me when I told him we grow grapes and make wind in parts ok the UK!
Our other neighbour, Flor, originates from Vigo, Galicia. She is a firm Francoist and says things were better under Franco and that Spain has 'gone to the dogs' since then.
She is firm friends with Franca despite their differences! I suppose they just avoid talking politics!
Oh, well, less of my ramblings but I suppose what I'm trying to say is it's a complex situation but at the basic human level there are some great people out there, whatever their political leanings!

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #81 - May 2nd, 2010 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
OOPS! I await your comments!!! of course I meant to say we make WINE in parts of the UK not WIND, but the latter is also true so what the hell!!!!! Grin

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #82 - May 2nd, 2010 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Viking,  you have been eating too many Spanish onions, again ??

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #83 - May 3rd, 2010 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Hi David,

You wouldn't just happen to be an estate agent in Valencia province would you?

and Valencia isn't the only place you can still build legally, but we wont go into all that again on here.

Jools

IP Logged

David
Ex Member

Reply #84 - May 3rd, 2010 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Hello
No Im not an estate agent, just a retired ex-pat looking after my Huerta and olivos. I do know of 2 nice plts of land nearby however. Both with water and one v close to electricity. Both only 3km from AP7. The plots belong to neighbours (spanish) so I have no profit from their sales
David

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #85 - May 4th, 2010 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Great! I have an old off white plastic chair with something stuck to it, found on the way to the coast, anyone interested?
I won't profit from the sale! To be honest you can have it for nothing! Grin

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #86 - May 4th, 2010 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
The only off white plastic chairs I`ve come across on the way to the coast usually have some old tart stuck on them.
(I wonder how many other forum members find discarded bits of pattisierie stuck to furniture...)

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #87 - May 4th, 2010 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The only off white plastic chairs I`ve come across on the way to the coast usually have some old tart stuck on them.
(I wonder how many other forum members find discarded bits of pattisierie stuck to furniture...)

Grin Grin Grin made my day that cant stop  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #88 - May 5th, 2010 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Yep, that was the one, ensaimada I reckon!!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top